PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here own a new 550i?

ElevenEleven
05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
What have been your experiences with it so far, positive and negative?

Many thanks

535xi1
05-24-2011, 02:43 PM
I've only test driven one so far, but I can say the fit and finish, driving experience and handling is second to none. Compared to the new E-350, the BMW just is a class above. I was very disapointed with the MB, actually the Caddy CTS was a nicer ride than the MB. Who would have ever thought.

acepilot
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Just leased a 550i with x-drive. Pretty positive so far. Got the convience package, winter, and premium 2. Came out to 63,900 for the car. I think it's an OK deal, ESP for long island. Anyway the car can be both extremely quiet and powerful at the same time. Love the edynamics or whatever it's called. Normal crusing, you can lift off the gas and the car slows down very quickly. Like a manual in a low gear. Very little brake usage. Way way too many electronics features but I like it that way. I know that I'm not keeping the car since its all going to fail someday. There's not even a dipstick to check your oil condition! I find that uber annoying since I'm a DIY type of guy. Also 12k miles for oil? That's a little too much.

I test drove all of them before leasing this one and the next runner up would be te Audi. But I'm a little worry about the reliability and no maintenance program.

I'll report back when i have a few more miles on her.

Ace

tkyle23
06-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Quick question.. why join a message board about like working on your bmw and modifying when you leased it.. its not even yours! It's expensive renting....

xcore
06-19-2011, 12:01 AM
witnessed the uphill acceleration of a 550 stick today, id give one word, fearsome!

meteck
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Quick question.. why join a message board about like working on your bmw and modifying when you leased it.. its not even yours! It's expensive renting....

It might be at the end of the lease.:nono

wildvan
06-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I have had mine for about 4 months and love it. I did have to get a reprogram accomplished due to the car pulling, but it now drives amazing, has great power and depending what you decide to set it one as far as sport semi sport etc, great on twisty roads. Dinan also has a stage 1 out which does some great changes. I have no regrets for buying this car.

meteck
06-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Love to hear happy customers!:redspot