PDA

View Full Version : Automatic climate control b.s.

fixer110
05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
On my (F10) 2011 535i with m sport and all the goodies, a $53,000 car packs out at $79866.00 with all my options. My problem is the auto climate control is NOT automatic ! When you push the "AUTO" button the fan speed is not automatic, you must toggle it up and down as desired. Now am I being picky?? I have 2 BMWs, 2003 525, and 2000 740 both with automatic climate control and when you press "auto" it AUTOMATICALLY COOLS OR HEATS, THE FAN ADJUSTS ITSELF IT JUST WORKS LIKE MY OTHER CAR (CADDY) OR MY WIFES TOYOTA. I WAS TOLD "ITS LIKE THAT" THE "A TECH" AT THE SELLING DEALER. I WAS TOLD THE OWNERS MANUAL IS WRONG, AND BMW CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS ALSO WRONG ! They showed me a different 535 and it worked the same semi-automatic, whats up with that!!!!! Does anybody have this problem, or should I just sue the assholes and buy an E63 AMG benz?? HELP

PS STAY AWAY FROM PAUL MILLER BMW... GREAT UNTIL THEY GET YOUR MONEY, THEN... WELL YOU GET IT

CanadaBMWer
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
On my (F10) 2011 535i with m sport and all the goodies, a $53,000 car packs out at $79866.00 with all my options. My problem is the auto climate control is NOT automatic ! When you push the "AUTO" button the fan speed is not automatic, you must toggle it up and down as desired. Now am I being picky?? I have 2 BMWs, 2003 525, and 2000 740 both with automatic climate control and when you press "auto" it AUTOMATICALLY COOLS OR HEATS, THE FAN ADJUSTS ITSELF IT JUST WORKS LIKE MY OTHER CAR (CADDY) OR MY WIFES TOYOTA. I WAS TOLD "ITS LIKE THAT" THE "A TECH" AT THE SELLING DEALER. I WAS TOLD THE OWNERS MANUAL IS WRONG, AND BMW CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS ALSO WRONG ! They showed me a different 535 and it worked the same semi-automatic, whats up with that!!!!! Does anybody have this problem, or should I just sue the assholes and buy an E63 AMG benz?? HELP

PS STAY AWAY FROM PAUL MILLER BMW... GREAT UNTIL THEY GET YOUR MONEY, THEN... WELL YOU GET IT

I have the same car and it does not work like that, it's fully automatic. The fan is fully automatic.

Regards,

meteck
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Mine operates the fan automatically.:redspot

BobRBob
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Sheesh, that doesn't sound right. I don't have my car yet so I can't check to see but my old 2001 530i had fully automatic 2 zone climate control. I would expect the new ones to be at least as good.