PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 11' F10 535i M6

Sandhopper
12-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Looking to get into a F10 535i manual... are there any of them out there? The dealer said that a manual would be rather difficult to find but he would look around. What happened to BMWs being enthusiasts cars. I just cant "feel" the automatic in this car. :redspot

ibimmer346
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
I own an F10 535i 6MT. It's a sweet shifting machine. The only way you're going to get a manual is to order the car. Unlike other manufacturers, BMW has a well-established system in place to custom order a car and get it delivered to you. Should take about 5-6 weeks.

Sandhopper
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks, The dealer was going to try and find one but it has been a week and no information so far. I may have ask if they can just order one.

LoneStarFlyer
12-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Last time I visited Classic BMW in Plano, TX, they had a manual 2011 5 series in the showroom. I can't remember if it's a 535 or 550 but it's been there for several months.....at least August. They screwed up the order (didn't intend to order a manual) and it hasn't sold (too fn much traffic in Big D I suppose). In any event if it's still there, I have to believe they would do a good deal to move it. White exterior if memory serves..... If you pursue it, ask for salesman Marvin Carter. Nice low pressure salesman.

Sandhopper
12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks I will look into this one. It's only about 7 hours from me so it wouldn't be bad a catch a flight from Amarillo to DFW and drive it back. Wow, they have 10 535i manuals on their website.

LoneStarFlyer
12-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I find that to be highly suspicious. I suspect their website is inaccurate. Last time I visited the dealership (about 3 weeks ago), they didn't have 10 535is in inventory, let along 10 manual 535s.....

Bimmerista
12-18-2010, 12:15 AM
I saw the 6-spd manual 535i at Classic BMW as well about a month ago. In fact, I was quite surprised when I saw it. I test drove the 535i with automatic and the car felt very numb.

jwoods
12-22-2010, 09:12 AM
There are a couple around Atlanta if your dealer can do a transfer/swap. (Or if you want to take a REALLY long drive home -lol)
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?doors=&systime=&model=5_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&search_lang=en&start_year=2011&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=50&min_price=&drive=&rdm=1293025964597&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=45941237&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&car_year=2011&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=Manual&ct=n&ct=n&default_sort=&max_mileage=&address=30066&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=25#289082041

LuvMyE92
12-23-2010, 07:33 AM
When I was shopping for my car, I was surprised to find that my local dealer had a 6MT in stock, which they never do because they can't sell them. It had options that I didn't want to pay for, so I ordered my own.

I strongly suggest that you order one - that way you get exactly what you want and in the colors that you want. It's well worth waiting a couple of months.

jwoods
12-23-2010, 08:41 AM
I've always been under the impression that if you order a car, you generally aren't going to knock much, if anything, off the price. Is that true or just an old-wives tale?

PS - luvmye92, do you have any pics of your DSB 535 in a thread somewhere? I would love to see the f10 in blue.

Sandhopper
12-26-2010, 02:40 PM
I've always been under the impression that if you order a car, you generally aren't going to knock much, if anything, off the price. Is that true or just an old-wives tale?

PS - luvmye92, do you have any pics of your DSB 535 in a thread somewhere? I would love to see the f10 in blue.

From what I have read in some other threads and forums, you can save around $2K by getting european delivery. I may look at doing this and then using it to tour Europe for a few weeks before it is shipped to the states. The 2K we save would offset the plane ride across the pond.

LoneStarFlyer
12-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Dealers will negotiate on order jobs. I'm awaiting delivery of a 2011 535, due around December 31st at Classic BMW in Plano. $2K off MSRP plus an additional $1.5K off due to BMW's Holiday Season sale. Wait time is about 6-8 weeks from day of order.

Wild Ride
01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
There is an imperial blue 535i m6 sport package, nav, folding rear seats etc. in San Diego at BMW South County. PM for details.

Dealers will be negotiable on price within reason on an ordered car. Basically if they use that production slot to order a car for the lot instead will they make significantly more money on the car than than a guarenteed sale to you? This is especially true for cars available in very limited numbers such as the 2011 x3 or the f10 5 when it was released which will be in very short supply. Do your research on edmunds and print the true market value and offer to pay that. TMV offer may not work if dealer has to incur and absorb high shipping costs to dealertrade a car.

Find a client advisor locally that others within the community reccommend and stick with him or her through the process of ordering or dealertrading a car.

*edit* in addition to the imperial blue car listed above BMW South County just recieved a 535i 6MT Mojave Beige metallic (individual) with oyster/black leather.

If anybody is interested pm me.