PDA

View Full Version : m-sport vs sport pack wheel

highyo
12-05-2010, 03:42 PM
besides the obvious design differences, does anyone know the differences between the M package 19" or the sport pack 19"? as in staggered width, etc.

mose121
12-27-2010, 10:53 AM
M-sport package is usually all cosmetic items, no performance gains. Usually there are a few colors that are only offered on the M-sports as well.

Wild Ride
01-15-2011, 01:20 AM
If you look closely the split 5 spoke m sport wheel matches the contours of the front facia. The car looks so slick and purposeful with the m-sport but yes sport package is where you will see performance gains. If you want gains over the sport package look into the dynamic handling package.

Titanflux
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The only performance 'gain' with the M sport package is M Sport suspension. Unless you call bigger wheels a performance gain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
Currently E60 LCI 177bhp 520d M Sport - but not for much longer, F10 on it's way.

FlatOut9
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
One of them has a higher governed limit?

jettie1767
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
M-Sport Package has the dynamic handling package and increased speed limiter. The Sport Package is the one that is all cosmetic changes.

mose121
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
M-Sport Package has the dynamic handling package and increased speed limiter. The Sport Package is the one that is all cosmetic changes.

It used to be that the sport package gave you the performance gains, M-Sport was purely cosmetic. Now BMW's new regime is all over the place with their packages. Now the 550i sport package consists of 19in. wheels, sports steering wheel, sports seats, increased top speed limiter, and shadowline trim. M sport package gets you adaptive drive and a black headliner on top of the normal sport package options. On the 535 you get the same sport package options, which aside from wheels and tires there is no performance benefit. That's not a sport package if you ask me, but oh well. M-sport on the 535 adds ARS, DDC, Adaptive Drive, and black headliner. In contrast my 2010 135 came standard with sport suspension, like all 135's do. 128's come with a base suspension, but you get a stiffer suspension with the sport package or the M-sport. The sport pack for my 135 was shadowline trim, increased speed limiter, M steering wheel, and sport seats. M-sport added LeMans blue availability, black headliner, and different wheels. They are just out of control with these packages. Every car should (with some exceptions) get the same upgrades with the same packages.