PDA

View Full Version : My new harness doesnt match up to the fuse block...

6erWEBB
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey guys, long story short here my harness for my new motor and it doesnt have the main plug that goes to the fuse box. Well I need the plug that goes on that end of the harness plus the block of relays.

HOWEVER, the engine is from a 85 535i and the car is a 78 633, so my female outlet on the fuse block is a bit different from the 85. As in the prongs wouldnt match up.

I need some advice as far as what to do, Im thinking the easiest thing would be to get someone with a parts car to cut me the end off their harness and send it to me then put the male end from my harness on it???

Help... please. Id really appreciate it.

Ill post pictures later if necessary.
Webb

tlister67
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I would try getting a used harness correct for your car. try LVCURVES on ebay.

alpinacsi
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Since there is no correct harness for your car; have you thought about removing the connector from your existing l-jet harnes and grafting it to your replacment motronic harness?

euroshark
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Webb, you need pinouts for each car. I've got notes at home for L-Jet as well as Motronic from some of my previous swaps... I'll see if I can dig them up later. Once you know which wire goes to which function you'll just have to do a little splicing and soldering to make the plug from the old harness fit the new harness.

6erWEBB
03-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Alpina and Euroshark: you guys got what im saying. I am missing the harness but not only that he cut the loom before the relays and the plug so all I have now is a batch of wires just hangin out. I can use my plug and just put new ends on the wires and feed them through that. I just dont know what goes to what and how the relays fit in.

Schematics would help too if you get the chance Ian.

thanks guys