PDA

View Full Version : CW

JRanmann
03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I have installed the new blower control switch in a temp. fashion and now there's a really strange result that maybe you might be able to shed some electrical light on?

I have several A/C switches (both the later ones apparently) when I went to test the system there was variable (hooray) but on heat, it still is "all or nothing"..and one might think outside heater stage resistor/transistor, although when I put one of the other AC switches in to test the little guy the fan was back to all or nothing on both...allowing to recall your note about
Having a couple of pins crossed somewhere?

Got any ideas?

lol!

Sprocket
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
You disconnected the wrong battery cable.

Oh, wait, that was me. Never mind.

Bert Poliakoff
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Still sounds like a transistor. My understanding, on the heater blower, at least, is all or nothing is a transistor. This can be accessed from the cowl area

JRanmann
03-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks Bert...I couldn't get the original out as the access limits one to use a quater inch drive that I had lost somewhere last week ... will take it out and check ... can it be that it's resistor on the back had broken and needs replacement or does/is there a test fix that might save me another visit to my dealer demanding expensive parts for postage?

lol!

Ran