PDA

View Full Version : Malibu run tomorrow!!!

nicholas
09-07-2001, 04:46 PM
10am at the Ralph's near Pepperdine. It is in a big shopping center where Wolfgang Puck's Granita restaurant is located. If interested reply to this post. I know it's short notice but i am going with a few friends and thought some others might be interested.:D

V Shah
09-07-2001, 06:31 PM
Grrr, wish i could go nicholas...

Mode
09-07-2001, 06:36 PM
Aw. . .man I wish I knew earlier :( . . .I'll be in Newport Beach tomorrow.

jaramill
09-07-2001, 06:41 PM
Hmmm....this sounds interesting. Like (Mode), we do these but try to keep the numbers low so as to not attract too much attention (i.e. cops). And last time we had a major accident involving one of our drivers.

Yes we meet at the same location as the runs setup by Steve K. (aka M Aficionado).

So I'll see if I'm not too tired to go tomorrow morning. Haven't really exercised my car in a while. :)

Gio

P.S. - Do you have a planned route to go on?

V Shah
09-07-2001, 06:45 PM
I know nicholas knows Malibu pretty well Gio, so I'm sure he'll have something new and different planned out for you!

Mode
09-07-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jaramill
Haven't really exercised my car in a while. :)

Yeah, me neither. I'm at the end of a 1-week on / 1-week off rotation with my truck. Trying to keep the miles down, ya know? :)

nicholas
09-07-2001, 08:25 PM
I was thinking of starting by going up L_____ Canyon, which is a great road full of all types of corners (read: supertwisty). Then head to the look out spot for a quick break. After that i have many options depending on who shows up and their driving skills.

Oh and Gio, we have met before. I used to do the runs with Steve but there were too many people who really did not know how to drive and it wasn't fun anymore. I drive a black M3 with BBS RKs. This run will be different from Steve's runs, very few people.

Vishal, don't worry man, still got the ACH run in October!

Stylin
09-07-2001, 08:42 PM
Moving to the meets forum..

Thanks

jaramill
09-07-2001, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by nicholas
After that i have many options depending on who shows up and their driving skills.

Oh and Gio, we have met before. I used to do the runs with Steve but there were too many people who really did not know how to drive and it wasn't fun anymore. I drive a black M3 with BBS RKs. This run will be different from Steve's runs, very few people.

Well the driver who crashed is actually a good driver, and he's done autocrosses so I know he's a cautious driver. But yeah I do agree that on some of these runs there are people who "don't know the limits of their cars", thus cause problems.

Hmmm.....I'm trying to place a face with the car. Sounds interesting. I have a possible date tonight so if I'm up late, I'll be dead tired and I'll sleep in....but wanting to pound my car and give her a good workout (her meaning the car!) I find to hard to resist. So for me it'll be a game -time decision. So if I come I'll see you tomorrow morning at 10am.

Gio

V Shah
09-07-2001, 10:07 PM
but wanting to pound my car and give her a good workout (her meaning the car!) I find to hard to resist.Uh huh, sure Gio, we know what you meant ;) :D

jaramill
09-07-2001, 10:11 PM
Hey Vishal. What's up? How's school? Ready for USC Trojans to kiss ass on some Cal-Berkeley Bears?? :)

Gio

V Shah
09-07-2001, 10:18 PM
Haha, yah man, pick on our weakness...

School's good man, classes are tough this semester, but I'll get by. Tomorrow we play BYU. They're averaging 61 points this year, so I'm ready for a reaming :chainsaw:

jaramill
09-07-2001, 11:36 PM
We play Kansas State tomorrow, so should be a tough early game for us. What are you majoring up in Cal?

Gio

V Shah
09-08-2001, 12:53 AM
Computer Science major with a Business minor is the plan.

rpM
09-08-2001, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by nicholas
10am at the Ralph's near Pepperdine. It is in a big shopping center where Wolfgang Puck's Granita restaurant is located. If interested reply to this post. I know it's short notice but i am going with a few friends and thought some others might be interested.:D

Hey Nicholas, how many are going? I might be in, but its a long drive from Orange County...

Mode
09-08-2001, 02:36 PM
I overslept and missed my gathering at Newport Beach <b>and</b> this run. Instead, I'm useless and on the computer. :rolleyes:

V Shah
09-08-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Mode
I overslept and missed my gathering at Newport Beach <b>and</b> this run. Instead, I'm useless and on the computer. :rolleyes: LOL, oh well Nick, ACH in October!

Black Majik
09-08-2001, 05:34 PM
Mmm.... sounded like fun... but my car's back in the shop.... again.... :rolleyes:

vishal, hurry on back! :D

jaramill
09-08-2001, 06:39 PM
Well..........I decided to "sleep in" being that I had a fun date! :) But I would've love to have done the run, given ample notice, so nicholas, why don't you e-mail us individual (to keep the numbers down) and set something up for a couple of weeks from now.

Vishal: I graduated from USC with an M.S. in Computer Science too! I got my B.A. in CIS back in NY.

So let's set up another run soon. Hope it all went well Nick.

Gio

Lee22
09-09-2001, 06:56 PM
jaramill
my cousin sina(aka REDLYNE) went to the last run, he has the video of the guy crashing his M3.

nicholas
09-10-2001, 06:36 PM
We went up Latigo Canyon to Mulholland Highway to Stunt Road to Saddle Peak road to Tuna Canyon. Latigo and Tuna canyon are the most technical roads in Malibu. If you ever get the opportunity, drive them.

jaramill
09-10-2001, 06:40 PM
Glad to hear it was a blast. Let me know when you'll do one again (with a little more notice) and I'll definitely come. Haven't worked out the car in a run for a while.

Gio

rpM
09-10-2001, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear it was a blast. Let me know when you'll do one again (with a little more notice) and I'll definitely come. Haven't worked out the car in a run for a while.

Gio

Yeah, it seems like your priorities are different... working something else out pretty hard... haha j/k. btw, I heard the PCA auto-x this last weekend was pretty cool. The got to use the ovals and infield of Irwindale speedway for the auto-x course.

Rick

jaramill
09-10-2001, 08:32 PM
Yeah priorities do tend to change when girls are involved! ;)

Damn!! And I so wanted to go to that autocross at Irwindale. How did you hear about it? There's another one for the Porsche club (same place we went to) at Rialto Airport for the San Gabriel Valley chapter. It's this coming weekend. My tires are starting to lose some "hair". To bad there's no tire-equivalent of "Rogaine".

Gio