PDA

View Full Version : breaking parts

bmwdrifter325
08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I am researching upgraded axles and driveshaft as well as rear differential that can hold 850-900lb ft torque for the 325 e30s. Im planing to run m20 with 3.1 stroker 8to1 compression. garrett gt4094r turbo and vac stage 3 head and turbo camshaft. metrix motorsport makes the short runner intake i will be using. I found a place in australia that will build the trans. but no luck yet on sourcing driveshaft, rear differential and half shaft axles. if anyone has information on where i can obtain these items it would be very appreciated.

I found a drive shaft but still no luck on rear differential and half shaft axles. anyone ever done a 9inch ford rear end in the e30? I know it would be lots of work but, i have all the skills necessary to accomplish the project just wanted to see if anyone has done it. I have no budget on this racecar so a backhalfed e30 may be in the works.

got psi
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I am researching upgraded axles and driveshaft as well as rear differential that can hold 850-900lb ft torque for the 325 e30s. Im planing to run m20 with 3.1 stroker 8to1 compression. garrett gt4094r turbo and vac stage 3 head and turbo camshaft. metrix motorsport makes the short runner intake i will be using. I found a place in australia that will build the trans. but no luck yet on sourcing driveshaft, rear differential and half shaft axles. if anyone has information on where i can obtain these items it would be very appreciated.

I found a drive shaft but still no luck on rear differential and half shaft axles. anyone ever done a 9inch ford rear end in the e30? I know it would be lots of work but, i have all the skills necessary to accomplish the project just wanted to see if anyone has done it. I have no budget on this racecar so a backhalfed e30 may be in the works. Will this help? http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107373 LOL ///J.T.///

bmwdrifter325
08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
That helps out a whole lot. Ive got alot more work to put in to the car now but im sure the local racecar shop cj rayburn can help me get it started. Do you know who makes auto trans adapter plates for m20 to the th-400, powerglide, or 4l80e and 4l60e transmissions.

If you would be willing to take it on how much would a full chassis for my e30 be? how much time would it take.

got psi
08-14-2009, 11:30 PM
That helps out a whole lot. Ive got alot more work to put in to the car now but im sure the local racecar shop cj rayburn can help me get it started. Do you know who makes auto trans adapter plates for m20 to the th-400, powerglide, or 4l80e and 4l60e transmissions.

If you would be willing to take it on how much would a full chassis for my e30 be? how much time would it take.Rayburn builds stock/modified circle cars right? I've heard of him/busisness. Actually I did my own adapter and will not build another till I run this one and make sure it does what I designed it for. Just the flywheel was $500. To actually build a car using molly with all the suspension,rear housing,steering,tin, tubs,shocks,seat,motor plates, front tires and rims,axles and brakes.You supply the body, around 30g, it will be legal to 6.0 sec. I did all my own labor and it was still twice that for me.(go figure)I used the best of everything or close to it. LOL But this is what I do on the side (build cars). ///J.T.///

bmwdrifter325
08-15-2009, 01:30 AM
can you do just a back half on my e30 with a cage im not expecting no 6 sec pass. so for me to spend 30grand would be overkil but it is bad ass nonetheless and i very much admire your work. i guess what im looking for is a shortend 9 inch rearend 4 link setup with coilovers. and a 8-10 point cage for local competition. nothing as extreme as you car. with custom dash. i can install all the gauges. do you recommend wraparound or bolt in harnesses? and can you get rid of the back seat hump where the gas tank sits and rear wall to cut weight and just redo the floor and frame in the rear basically from the back of the door rear ward. if you could get me a quote on that it would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

got psi
08-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Sent you an E-mail Thanks ///J.T.///