PDA

View Full Version : New E30 M3 for me!

Bry
09-01-2001, 07:11 PM
I posted it on the General discussions forums. It is an 88 E30 M3 cinnebar/ natur and drives excellent. I will post pictures of it once I get them uploaded to my website!

Mark S.
09-04-2001, 02:50 PM
car looks great. details please.

mark

Bry
09-04-2001, 05:51 PM
There actually aren't really any details. The car is completely stock, except for one shock which was replaced with a different brand (I would have replaced all of them with the same ones). It has 140k miles and there has been good motor maintenence.

What else would you like to know?

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/~jjbk/brys_pics/brys_cars/1988_e30_m3/Red%202.jpg

Mark S.
09-04-2001, 06:14 PM
it's tough to find one these without any mods. even the one i just sold had a chip, exhaust, and cam gear. do you plan on doing any work to it? stock is nice also.

i actually got a phone call last night and i will be adding another e30 m3 to my corral. it has some front end damage from about 6 years ago(been under a cover ever since). the guy apparently drove it out of the performance shop and parked it in a pole a few minutes later. OUCH!!! it's being given to me for free, so i guess i have a nice winter project to work on. it's a 1988 henna car.

mark

Bry
09-04-2001, 06:43 PM
Wow, a free henna, nice!

Yes, I plan to do a few things, but it probably won't be until later.

What I want to do are these things:

1) Complete retune and calibration
2) New suspension components
3) New hoses and waterpump
4) Euro resonator and Stromung exhaust
5) BBS RX Jap spec
6) Evo 3 rear wing and evo tow hook covers
7) Soft media blast all the exterior panels except for front and rear bumpers. I need to strip the bumpers and respray in cinnebar and clearcoat them
8) A custom gray Recaro SRD interior in cloth
9) rebuild the tranny, with a new clutch, seals, and a light weight flywheel
10) Evo intake box and Evo 3 AFM
11) Jim C. Chip

I would also like to put in a Blaupunkt Toronto and a cd player.

That is just a list of things that I would like to do. Those won't be done for a while though!

It won't be stock anymore, but I didn't buy it for its completely stock nature. I feel bad for wanting to do all these things though.

I also need to do some maintence stuff like new wiper/washer relay, new roundels, new Evo gaskets and grills, powdercoat the valve cover and intake plenum. Someday I would like to replace the foglights with the brake coolers. These are just the things that I can think off the top of my head

Mark S.
09-06-2001, 03:12 PM
sounds like a nice mod list. let me know when you are looking for the evo 3 box. i have one sitting in my garage since it was useless after my 3.2 conversion.

mark

Bry
09-06-2001, 05:51 PM
Okay thanks! How much do you think you would sell it for?

Mark S.
09-09-2001, 06:31 PM
probably like $50. i'm taking off for week to go on my honeymoon, so if i don't respond, i'll get back to you when i return.

thanks
mark

Bry
09-09-2001, 07:19 PM
Is that for the complete airbox, or for the lower portion?

How much would you just sell the lower portion for (lower portion, seal ring, and straight intake trumpet) ?

Alex McHenry
09-10-2001, 12:54 AM
the Evo III actually has the same AFM as the regular E30 M3, but what it does have that's larger on the intake are the throttle bodies and intake valves..

unfortunately, on a 2.3 (expecially without cams) you will gain nothing and lose low end power by installing the 48mm throttles from an evo II (instead of 46mm)