PDA

View Full Version : 09 E-town Summer slam, silver car returns to the track

mike radowski
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I got the E36 back together at the last minute to tryand run at summer slam this past weekend. After a few all nighters the car was together and running well. It made 670whp on pump and 860+ on c16 at 34psi. I filled up the tank with C16 and drove to englishtown on the ET Streets and 35psi:evil2. I got there in record time.

Saturday:
Got to the track, passed tech, waited by the car forever in crazy sun. No time trials allowed for my car so I can't make any practice runs(New everything in my car! Engine, trans, clutch, turbo, ems, etc). I get called up to the staging lanes in the late afternoon and the cars start to run. As soon as I'm about to be called it starts to pour. Rain delay, dry the track, get ready to run, more rain, good night...

Sunday:
Show up bright and early hoping for at least 2 qualifying runs. Find out we only get one, and also find out I need a NHRA competition license if I trap over 135mph. First pass I line up with Sean Ivey and his newly converted 6spd Supra. Get up to the line, short underpowered brnout(odd!), stage and launch. 0psi. F&@k. IC piping hangs on for three days of 800+whp dyno and street abuse and blows off in front of a ton of people during a burnout. Sean: 9.7@147, me 14.X@95. LOL. Reattach pipe and clamp it like I mean it. 1st Elimination I line up with yellow RX7. 15psi on the 2-step, nice burnout, stage. Decent launch but too much boost in the lower gears and not enough burnout. Spin first and second badly, hit the limiter in third and the car shuts off(pretty sure I know the culprit, too much rpm and the crank sensor is freaking out over 7800). Pause.... Powers back up and quickly catching up to RX7. Not quick enough. Game Over. 11.0@140mph. The car picked up 45mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 so that gives you an idea of the top end on this beast:D

Oh well, I was expecting some issues and I found them. I hope to hit the test and tune this Wednesday when Roman(Black Mamba) visits from Uruguay. I also want to try and get my competition licence runs taken care of so I can run 9's legally and compete in some events this year.

GT35Rm3
06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Nice job Mike, Im glad to see you are getting all the kinks worked out! Im looking forward to seeing what the thing can do :buttrock

highboostingm3
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Decent launch but too much boost in the lower gears and not enough burnout. Spin first and second badly, hit the limiter in third and the car shuts off(pretty sure I know the culprit, too much rpm and the crank sensor is freaking out over 7800). Pause.... Powers back up and quickly catching up to RX7. Not quick enough. Game Over. 11.0@140mph. The car picked up 45mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 so that gives you an idea of the top end on this beast:D
WOW Mike! :eek: :redspot :buttrock :alright

That is so sick! If only you had enough practice runs and the charge piping would have stayed attached to the coupler! Awesome! :buttrock

I can't wait until the next MIR! Your car is such a beast now! :eyecrazy

AnthonyNYC
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey Mike,

It's Anthony with the yellow Rx7, sucks they did not allow any shakedown passes. I did a google search on "bias ply bmw" and found your old thread. Thanks for the tips on the bias ply 16inch tires.

See you guys at the next event.

Anthony

Colby Colbs
06-29-2009, 03:41 PM
DAMNIT!!!! That f***ing BLOWS and after all that BS too! I was really hoping to hear the supra got OWNED!!! Ohh well... you'll have better luck wednesday. Till then lets hit the streets, the RC51 is hott of the dyno :eyebrows Picked up 11rwhp and 5 rwtq...

Z3speed4me
06-29-2009, 03:56 PM
See you Wednesday as long as weather cooperates... pretty sure Rukman is going for some runs and I am going to get some baseline numbers for shits and giggles...

KVF
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Good story and awesome ride you have there. Good luck with the license and future runs. Can't wait to hear (or see) what that beast runs once you have it all dialed in.

vag0
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
:redspot PLease get it running to its full potential, :alright

mike radowski
06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that not every drag day is sunshine and rainbows, lol. The sad part is the car hasn't broken into the 10's since I installed the cage and chute! Soon enough!

highboostingm3
06-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that not every drag day is sunshine and rainbows, lol. The sad part is the car hasn't broken into the 10's since I installed the cage and chute! Soon enough!
Don't be so hard on yourself...you nearly made it into the 10s with the car [insert Jerky Boy Sound] spinning all over the place [/JBS] and shutting down in the middle of the run. :lol

SiGmA
06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I look forward to seeing more 9's Mike!!

Question, how did the IC pipe pop off? No bead? Or not enough clamping force? With aluminum, I'm always worried about hurting the pipe with tbolts. I am use to my old steel tubes which I could crank down until they were reallly tight...

MrBlonde
06-29-2009, 08:26 PM

I know how that feels!

davidtm5
06-29-2009, 08:42 PM

i know how it feel same here too Mike . i couldnt get a single good pass down the track since i got my top mount set up with more power than my gt35r..... hope i can crack to the 9... like you soon....

mike radowski
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
i know how it feel same here too Mike . i couldnt get a single good pass down the track since i got my top mount set up with more power than my gt35r..... hope i can crack to the 9... like you soon....

8's for sure! :D

Zen S14
06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey I saw you run this Sunday. I figured you had some issues from the way the car ran on the one run I saw. Good luck with it I hope to see it at its full potential next time.

DADx2
06-30-2009, 12:14 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that not every drag day is sunshine and rainbows, lol.

I know how you feel too..... I just happened to do it on national TV.... (PASS TIME... speed TV)

Awesome to see that your car is back running, and with TONS of power too... I am looking forward to more sick videos that you and Donovan make.

zenn0ne
06-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Man that sux I hope the car sticks together on Wednesday.......When are you guys getn there at the track

jfdmas
06-30-2009, 02:03 AM
best of luck mike. hope everything goes well for ya this year.:)

mike radowski
06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
I just took it out again with Donovan's car and dropped the limiter to 7800. No issues at that rpm through all the gears! That is a good temporary solution but I need to mess with the crank trigger so I can rev to 8200+ again. Test and tune Wed night for sure.

m3jasper
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Glad to hear she is up and running!

I'll try and stop by on Wednesday to see how you do...

GT35Rm3
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I know how you feel too..... I just happened to do it on national TV.... (PASS TIME... speed TV)

Awesome to see that your car is back running, and with TONS of power too... I am looking forward to more sick videos that you and Donovan make.

Wait, were you driving the M????

Please send me a link!

Z3speed4me
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow isnt looking good Mike...

Looks like rain from about 3 onward all night long :(

davidtm5
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Tomorrow isnt looking good Mike...

Looks like rain from about 3 onward all night long :(

Wow its still raining over there ? the weather in California here is so beauty....95 . inland and really warm. wish you guys are here so we could head out to track together ;)

ozkm3
06-30-2009, 06:44 PM
I was there on Sunday, i was checking your car out a couple of times, i was the onlyone of my friends stopping to look, either way, that last pass you did was pretty good considering what happend, I'll see you at the track, i might go tomorrow and run my 46 if it doesnt rain...GL!

highboostingm3
06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I just took it out again with Donovan's car and dropped the limiter to 7800. No issues at that rpm through all the gears! That is a good temporary solution but I need to mess with the crank trigger so I can rev to 8200+ again. Test and tune Wed night for sure.
OMG it's on! :eyecrazy

VIDEO please! :eyecrazy

Z3speed4me
07-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Cam... IF the weather is permitting... I will have a camcorder.

I will probably not be taping, that unfortunately will most likely be left to my gf, and shes not so great at it, kinda shaky, but at least it will be something!

highboostingm3
07-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Cam... IF the weather is permitting... I will have a camcorder.

I will probably not be taping, that unfortunately will most likely be left to my gf, and shes not so great at it, kinda shaky, but at least it will be something!
1) Large umbrella.
2) Tripod.

:thumbup:

E30lolz
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
are you guys going today? I might show up....and run alot slower

DrivenInnov
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Video coming!!!

Its funny but you can hear the car shut off for 2sec+!

Nj85'325
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.grs-motorsports.com/noticias/foro/videos/etown/28junio/48.wmv

Check out the vidz. You can hear the cut out and see the suspension unload.

highboostingm3
07-01-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.grs-motorsports.com/noticias/foro/videos/etown/28junio/48.wmv

Check out the vidz. You can hear the cut out and see the suspension unload.
OH man those angles are sick! :buttrock :eyecrazy

I can't wait until he is 100%! "God! Please don't let it rain, pleasssssse!"

Z3speed4me
07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
We are looking good!!!

I might just be video guy, I haven't decided if it's really worth my time to go run a boring stock ass high 13 :conf

Too bad I can't get onto the track with my camera :(

highboostingm3
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
We are looking good!!!

I might just be video guy, I haven't decided if it's really worth my time to go run a boring stock ass high 13 :conf

Too bad I can't get onto the track with my camera :(
It is much more important for the good of BFCFI to get video of the infamous Mike Radowski, rather than run your turtle.

Z3speed4me
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Well I don't know if Dan is bringing his camcorder.... but yea that was kinda what I was getting at, for the good of the order :)

And it will not just be Mike, rumors are there will be a good amount of bmw FI showing up tonight :devillook

Nj85'325
07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I will have the cameras running. Plus in car footage of Mike. Hopefully Rukman comes out. Just a bunch of local guys should be there. Should be exciting.

E30lolz
07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
what time are you guys going there?

Z3speed4me
07-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I WILL be taping.... borrowing a Canon GL-2 from a friend :)

Colby Colbs
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
It is much more important for the good of BFCFI to get video of the infamous Mike Radowski, rather than run your turtle.

Hey thats mean! His car is very nice and its blue... I've never seen a blue turtle lol :lol

Z3speed4me
07-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey....I look at it this way, at least my car runs every time I turn it on :eek: