PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Leak

Bankswood
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
To all. I have a 05 645ci. Had it on a lift the other day and happen to see what looked like oil spray on the undercarriage. Thought it might be an oil leak. My car is actually out of warranty by about 3000 miles. Took it to my dealer and explained what I had seen. The service manager didn't even think about it. He said that these cars have been developing a small leak around the transmission seals. They repaired it no charge. No telling how long before I would have noticed if I hadn't had the car on a lift. BMW is not recalling for this so if I would suggest that everyone check for this issue when you have a chance and demand that it is fixed under BMW warranty.

Mr. BMW
05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Warranty.

sred10
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I have noticed leak on my 645, initallay though it was engine oil but had it checked at garage today, and its from transmission.

I will have it fixed, mine is not under warrenty, was your just seal replacement or some thing else ? also if you can tell me how transimssion oil was topped up out of curosity I thoughts this is for life time.

Regards,

Docboy78
12-18-2009, 01:13 AM
I have developed the same leak and am looking to replace everything at a local shop as the guys at the dealership were very uncooperative (Modesto BMW). What kind of fluid does this car need? I've heard Dexron-Mercon synthetic was in there. Also, has anyone seen or done this fix before? Thanks

Hoss
12-22-2009, 02:46 PM
i have now discovered the same thing. the seal itself is an easy and cheap fix - i think the price my indy quoted me was about $20 for the thing - but the real PIA is getting to it, apparently, which will cost me plenty more $$$. I'm at about 64k miles, no chance at warranty taking care of it.