PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here..

fbwandwrp
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey guys...just picked up my 09' 650i coupe last night. I am coming from an 06 MB CLS500 and I have to say after owning 3 Benz's in a row...WHAT WAS I THINKING!? I have always been a member of a couple of the benz forums and have picked up great info over the years.
The car itself is by FAR superior to any Benz out there and the sales experience was the best I've ever had. I know all of you guys know this already but I just had to put in my two cents.

Any guys on here memebers of the owners club? I would like to learn more about it from experience.

Thanks and have a good one

hicks650i
05-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Owners group isn't anything special really. I think if you drove a CLS550 you might change your mind a bit, the CLS500 was terrible, I'm not quite sure what they did to the suspension but the 550 seems to drive better and is on par with the 6er.

Even so, I love my 6er way more than I would a CLS. It seems old man-ish compared to the 650 which is only slightly old man-ish :D

I drove a CL and to be honest if it came in a convertible that would have been my first choice. I love the way that car drives, especially the CL65 but I'd rather have a Bentley for that kind of cash.

Congrats dude, it's a great car (my favourite in the ~100k segment).

whitedesigns
05-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I have a friend who sells for BMW of Nashville in TN.

He gets quite a few customers comparing BMW vs. Mercedes.

When someone mentions Mercedes, his standard response (even if he's talking to a senior citizen) is:

"You're much to young to be driving a Mercedes."

:D

Mr. BMW
05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
BMWCCA.org is a good start.
There are a few other clubs but I am not sure what your fancy is... I have a few buddies in your area to speak of. I could get you information on a few clubs if you like.