PDA

View Full Version : First time at strip... E46 M3 AA Stage 2

SUMOm3
03-07-2009, 02:53 AM
So i finally went to the strip the other night at Palm Beach Raceway. I got about 20 runs in and all were very consistent times. I will try and get the exact numbers or a pic of the slips, but all times including the 60ft times were all about the same.

Avg times: 12.4 @ 117 mph Best: 12.3xx # 117mph
Avg 60 ft: 2.1xx Best : 2.0xx 60ft

Reaction times were horrible! .20-.30... Always thought i was going to redlighthttp://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/images/smilies/laughhard.gif

This was all on 19" 265/35/19 General tires (sucks btw)... @ 30 psi in the rear.

Now few things I noticed while racing and afterwards.

1. The next day while filling up the rear tires at the gas station, I decided to check the front psi and noticed that they were at only 20psi!!! Stupid me!!! I didnt think they were low and my concerns were only checking the rears at the time. Im sure I could get a few more MPH by maxing them out next time.

2. While shifting gears down the track, I noticed something awkward and can come to only 2 conclusion.

While shifting, I noticed a delay that the car had. Im thinking it was the CDV Valve... My clutch is not slipping because i didnt see the rpms climbing as if it were to slip.

Or....

Could it be the Delay from the AA Blow off valve? I have the bypass modification done though...

Other that that, I was only able to manage launching at 2500 rpms and slipping the clutch a tad before dropping the hammer. Anything higher resulted in massive wheel spin.

I will be saving up and getting some MT drag radials soon in 17"... Kind of dissappointed, but i thought it was great being so consistent on all my 20 runs...

SUMOm3
03-07-2009, 04:30 AM
kit pushes out 9 psi on a rotrex blower.

Going to the strip was last minute so no prep was done. I have a stereo system in rear, in which i took out the subs, but the amp rack with 2 amps was still in the trunk.

Im also going to play around with my suspension as well next time im out. I just wanted to get an idea of what the car ran.

MrBlonde
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Decent results, good to see you out there.