PDA

View Full Version : Supra 8.04 being called out!

5mall5nail5
12-10-2008, 01:04 PM
The 1.25 sixty foot time 6 speed challenge

After careful review of SW's 8.04 pass which posted a 1.25 60' time, I am of the opinion that there was a timing error due to excess smoke under the car which was discharged by the wastegate as the car sat on the anti-lag while staged. This smoke interferes with the staging beams and actually prohibits the timing sequence to start when the car leaves. The timers actually start after the smoke clears and the beams connect. This usually happens as the rear wheels pull through the beams. This causes a quicker than actual time to show up on the slip.

I have witnessed this on more than 10 occasions. Errors range from 0.1 to 0.8. Each occasion featured some striking similarities. With the exception of 1 instance where the smoke remaining from a smokey burnout hadn't cleared from underneath a car, all of the errors were from manual transmission turbo cars with a wastegate that discharged underneath the car. All cars were using an anti-lag or two step. The errors tend to happen in a higher frequency the longer the car at the line is sitting on the two step or anti lag while holding/building boost. This causes a significant amount of smoke to collect under the car and creates an impermeable screen which the staging beams cannot break through.

I am the first to brag about SW's accomplishments (and Ryan's and Darrin's and, FINALLY, Saad's!!!) to everyone and anyone who is into racing. I'm still very proud of what we continue to accomplish with a nearly 20 year old design. We did not however, at the current time, accomplish a 1.25 60' while spinning though the 60' while slightly sideways.

There is some controversy regarding my opinion. I am here to tell everyone that I have no interest or motives to discredit anyone's accomplishments. SW's car is the baddest Supra on the planet as far as I'm concerned (even if I strongly believe that the 1.25 60' and thus the 8.04 was an error). I'm in no way saying that it doesn't run low 8's at almost 190 mph. It does and it will only get quicker and faster. We all benefit from the truth in the end. That is what I am here to attempt to ascertain.

I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. I will bet that there is no 6 speed supra than can 60' 1.25 with a pipe extended from the wastegate to the rear of the car. Or, a strong fan blowing by the beams clearing any potential smoke that may become an obstruction. I believe it was NHRA-import that banned wastegates that dump in the front due to the excessive timing errors it was causing in some classes.

Anyone with a 6 speed Supra is invited TX2K9. You're $1000 to my $5000. You get all weekend long, prep the track any way you like, run any tire you want. First one that does a 1.25 or better takes my money.

I am also of the opinion that there are people in SW's camp that share this opinion. They all should know better as Kean's car hasn't ever 60' as good a 1.25.

Hrmm interesting...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519047

llegos
12-12-2008, 02:34 AM
wow. at least that guy is backing his word up with a nice chunk of change.

1flossedm3
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
bla bla bla. Haters

SW is an incredible driver.

mike radowski
12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
The 8.0 run sure looks legit. I believe it.

OnUrleft
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
bla bla bla. Haters

SW is an incredible driver.

Sounds to me like someone who knows supra's is calling out someone else who knows supra's and is putting up money 5 to 1. Sounds completely legit.

VivaM3
12-13-2008, 10:10 AM
i've been following this thread over at Supraforums...should be interesting to see what kind of controversy it stirs over here at bf.c :eatpop:

mike radowski
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
i've been following this thread over at Supraforums...should be interesting to see what kind of controversy it stirs over here at bf.c :eatpop:

Such as? Our cars have full exhausts with the WG plumbed in.

VivaM3
12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Such as? Our cars have full exhausts with the WG plumbed in.
i think you misinterpreted the depth of my comment. it meant nothing more than the fact that there's controversy about this over at Supraforums - folks are either for the skepticism or against it. you have a devout drag racing community here at bf.c, and i suspect the same kind of debate will develop here. i meant nothing more, nothing less...

as far as full exhausts and internally plumbed wastegates go, you should be so lucky to continue doing so by the time you get into the 8-sec. ET's and 180+mph traps. that way, when (or more appropriately IF) you eventually go 8.xxx @ 18x mph, there won't be similar debates here about your 60-ft. or your ET like there are about SW's record setting run over at Supraforums.

dcvee
12-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Can't see the video but is this another one of these "staged" perfect runs with a reaction time of like 30 secs? LOL...sorry, if it doesn't happen during a sanctioned event, against competition, I just can't accept it as a record. That's just me, maybe I'm an ass.:D

Still a great accomplishment...but just lacks the teeth of credibility of a record run under competition circumstances.

Anybody got a link to the run? What was the reaction time? How much track prep went into this? Special sauce on the tires?:devillook

Don

5mall5nail5
12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Can't see the video but is this another one of these "staged" perfect runs with a reaction time of like 30 secs? LOL...sorry, if it doesn't happen during a sanctioned event, against competition, I just can't accept it as a record. That's just me, maybe I'm an ass.:D

Still a great accomplishment...but just lacks the teeth of credibility of a record run under competition circumstances.

Anybody got a link to the run? What was the reaction time? How much track prep went into this? Special sauce on the tires?:devillook

Don

So you're not down with any of the BMW records eh?

No I don't think he had a crazy reaction time I think it was a legitimate pass - I am not sure when it occurred but I don't think it was at a rental, but I am not sure.

dcvee
12-16-2008, 08:26 AM
So you're not down with any of the BMW records eh?

No I don't think he had a crazy reaction time I think it was a legitimate pass - I am not sure when it occurred but I don't think it was at a rental, but I am not sure.

They are all great accomplishments...records is such a loose word nowadays....but if it doesn't happen at a sanctioned track/event, how can it be a "record"? I respect the numbers, but I also recognize them, in relation to the conditions they were achieved in. Meaning, I own the worlds FASTEST S50 60-1 turbocharged BMW E36 M3 Track car that ever turned a lap at Summit Point.

Now, what's that get me? LOL!!!

So yeah, I respect the hell out of the numbers and the individuals that achieved them...but records? Dunno.

Don

5mall5nail5
12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Don it sounds like you haven't had your dose of LOVE! We as a community are concerned.

dcvee
12-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Don it sounds like you haven't had your dose of LOVE! We as a community are concerned.

LOL!! I don't need no stinkin' love!! I've had too much love already:D Hey, it's just one mans opinion...right/wrong indifferent.

Is that ok with you, "worlds fastest E34 with wiggin's clamps" owner?

LOL!!

Don

5mall5nail5
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I dont claim a thing donny and never will haha! I am just glad someone shares my opinion - I've just never expressed it!

rundatrack
12-17-2008, 06:08 PM
This is good. Just putting up a sweet cash pot to make sure things are legit. If it is...he is out of money and the numbers are proven. 1.25 short time is stellar.

Supra "stockness" always baffles me........

5mall5nail5
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
This is good. Just putting up a sweet cash pot to make sure things are legit. If it is...he is out of money and the numbers are proven. 1.25 short time is stellar.

Supra "stockness" always baffles me........

stock is what they say over there vs a 4 link etc

"stock" in that territory means a fully built TRD rear end.

Not "stock" like '94 showroom stock.

rundatrack
12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
stock is what they say over there vs a 4 link etc

"stock" in that territory means a fully built TRD rear end.

Not "stock" like '94 showroom stock.

So it means that it is in stock at a performance shop.

Interesting....

I have questioned this many times and people have made it sound like it was showroom stock......

stock is built in that arena....interesting..

5mall5nail5
12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
TRD isn't a performance shop - its a factory available part, kind of like Nismo and maybe even Dinan, but more like Nismo.

mike radowski
12-23-2008, 08:42 PM
They are all great accomplishments...records is such a loose word nowadays....but if it doesn't happen at a sanctioned track/event, how can it be a "record"? I respect the numbers, but I also recognize them, in relation to the conditions they were achieved in. Meaning, I own the worlds FASTEST S50 60-1 turbocharged BMW E36 M3 Track car that ever turned a lap at Summit Point.

Now, what's that get me? LOL!!!

So yeah, I respect the hell out of the numbers and the individuals that achieved them...but records? Dunno.

Don

They're just braggin rights. It's all we get for countless hours of work and thousands of dollars invested. Welcome to sportsman racing. The thumbs up after a good run is all I need to keep me pushing harder.

rundatrack
12-23-2008, 10:13 PM
TRD isn't a performance shop - its a factory available part, kind of like Nismo and maybe even Dinan, but more like Nismo.

Ok I see...

Its stock because it is covered under the warranty and you can purchase from the dealer.

Weird way of thinking of that....but hopefully we will see more sick times out of the supra and bmw crowd spring 09

dcvee
12-24-2008, 09:41 AM
They're just braggin rights. It's all we get for countless hours of work and thousands of dollars invested. Welcome to sportsman racing. The thumbs up after a good run is all I need to keep me pushing harder.

Exactly....and there's NO denying the braggin rights either:buttrock And +10 on the "Sportsman racing".

Don

MrBlonde
12-24-2008, 07:08 PM
You get two thumbs up from me all year around Mike, huge achievement in our little neck of the woods.