PDA

View Full Version : Windshield bubbles

wkl01
10-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Has anyone noticed when the sun hits the windshield from the side that there are a lot of tiny bubbles inside the glass? Would this be covered under warranty?

jonjon12375
10-21-2008, 03:47 AM
i think those might be those really small rock chips. Warranty wont cover unless you get a serious chip. They fix it so it wont crack the whole windshield, but i know that 6s have double paned glass so dont trip too much

wkl01
10-21-2008, 10:14 PM
These are more like specks within the glass itself. If you feel either side of the windshield it's smooth. The sunlight catches the specks and makes it harder to see through it.

dgreene99
01-26-2012, 09:59 AM
This is my second 5 Series where the windshield has thousands of tiny bubbles that when the sun is low or the right angle you can see them... these are not scratches on the glass, but in the glass... surprised there are not other posts unless this is for some reason only happening to my 2 cars... anyone encounter and possibly received an explanation from BMW? Thanks.

dgreene99
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Has anyone noticed when the sun hits the windshield from the side that there are a lot of tiny bubbles inside the glass? Would this be covered under warranty?

Just updating in case someone else has seen this... second Series 5 with small bubbles actually inside the glass... not chips in the glass, but small bubbles that can be seen at night when headlights are coming at you or daytime when the sun is low...