PDA

View Full Version : 1.77 short time

Turbo Charg Dynam
10-14-2008, 10:23 AM
:redspot Personal best!

It's been a really long time since I have been to the drag strip with the e36. I had great results with the stock 2.5 at 10psi but money shifted it at the track last year.

I then proceeded to replace the motor/tranny with a m52, s50 cams, MLS and ARP studs. Installed a 95 M3 tranny and new driveshaft. Diff and all the rear suspension parts are stock excepts for springs and shocks.

I also upgraded to the 993 MAF. Unfortunately the car has run like crap since the get go. The tuner hired to tune the car gave me one tune and then decided he didn't want to work with me anymore.

It has major peaks and valleys and loses 50rwhp in some spots.

In between we moved 500 miles north and the car just has not received the attention it deserves. I finally purchased a standalone and will be installing it at the end of Oct. I really look forward to feeling the car rip again.

Last week I decided to take the car to the strip just to practice the launches. It was my first time to Great Lakes Dragaway. They actually prepare the surface and it had more grip then I had previously experienced.

My setup consists of the original 15x7 wheels with M/T 24.5x8 slicks. They tuck perfectly in the wheel wells at the very lowered ride height. I ran 15x7 wheels in the front with 185/65 radials. The car isn't running much mph so it tracked fine. I am building some 15x4 wheels for proper drag tires for the front.

I did three hot laps in the car.

First result was a 2.05. Just not enough revs. Next time 1.85 but still needed more revs. Third time 1.77 but still could use a little more revs. I feel like there is a 1.6x in the car with me at the wheel but decided to wait until the car was actually making power and could run all the way down the strip.

Few more specs:

Weight with driver - 3225lbs
No boost controller - running on spring only
No launch control or any other add ons. Just my two feet.

My goal is to drive the car to the track, change the tires run a 11.xx and then drive home.

Todd

Geno325is
10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
was that at GLD? nice short time, and no anti-lag ! yet ? :)

Turbo Charg Dynam
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
was that at GLD? nice short time, and no anti-lag ! yet ? :)

Yes, GLD. No anti lag. I am going to keep it really simple. No boost controller, no anti lag, just the feet.

Does your AA OBD1 chip support the 993 MAF? What size injectors?

We really need to have a turbo meet at GRD in november. I heard you were there last week running 11s.

Todd

bennyfizzle
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok im confused.

Aren't you Todd of TCD? Don't you sell E36 turbo kits?

And you're saying your car with your turbo kit runs like crap and has a seemingly poor tune?

I'm not expert at the whole business thing, but isn't that like, bad?

Turbo Charg Dynam
10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok im confused.

Aren't you Todd of TCD? Don't you sell E36 turbo kits?

And you're saying your car with your turbo kit runs like crap and has a seemingly poor tune?

I'm not expert at the whole business thing, but isn't that like, bad?

Our Stage 1 software utilizing the stock MAF is excellent. butis limited to the flow of the stock MAF.

We do not have the ability to tune for the 993 MAF and have never offered it for sale. My personal car is always the test monkey and this case is no different.

I have been selling mostly hardware anyway as most users looking for big HP are going with a standalone.

Geno325is
10-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, GLD. No anti lag. I am going to keep it really simple. No boost controller, no anti lag, just the feet.

Does your AA OBD1 chip support the 993 MAF? What size injectors?

We really need to have a turbo meet at GRD in november. I heard you were there last week running 11s.

Todd

:devillook

bennyfizzle
10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Our Stage 1 software utilizing the stock MAF is excellent. butis limited to the flow of the stock MAF.

We do not have the ability to tune for the 993 MAF and have never offered it for sale. My personal car is always the test monkey and this case is no different.

I have been selling mostly hardware anyway as most users looking for big HP are going with a standalone.

gotcha, I was just confused, didn't mean to bash in any way, if I was deciding on a turbo kit yours would be very near, if not at the top of my list of options.

Turbo Charg Dynam
10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
gotcha, I was just confused, didn't mean to bash in any way, if I was deciding on a turbo kit yours would be very near, if not at the top of my list of options.

No problem. It was a legitimate question.

Todd