PDA

View Full Version : Test & Tune @ Maple Grove Oct 11th

multiplex
10-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Just a heads up that there will be two more Saturday test and tunes this season at maple groove.

gates open at 9
racing from 10 - 4

from what i gather, its 25 bucks to race.

Dates are Oct 11th and Nov 1st

I'm planning on heading up next weekend - Let me know if you can make it.

So far we have tentatively

- dcvee
- bubela
- me

WCM3
10-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm definitely going to try to make this. Will know next week. If I don't though, I'm going to the November 1st t&t all prepped.

Nj85'325
10-02-2008, 02:23 PM
:( no see you in mary-land?

multiplex
10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
99% sure i won't make it down. i'd like to but just too many obstacles at the moment.

lets see how well i do here first before i try and run with the top dawgs at MIR :D

bubela
10-02-2008, 08:52 PM
wish it was this weekend.
can't wait.
Cool that dcvee's gona be there.. Get to see how to keep my car cool for a non-straight track!

dcvee
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
...I'll be there IF I don't break anything at Summit tomorrow and Sunday:buttrock

I'm trailering down so I can open up the boost and let her rip!!! As long as they winch me back on the trailer I'm good to go!!

Don

multiplex
10-03-2008, 01:26 PM
don good to hear!!

now if we could only get urinemachine off the sidelines. he will be relegated to camera / media duties

i think i might go for bust too. get some race gas in there, turn up the boost and see what happens :redspot

a32guy
10-03-2008, 01:43 PM
don good to hear!!

now if we could only get urinemachine off the sidelines. he will be relegated to camera / media duties

i think i might go for bust too. get some race gas in there, turn up the boost and see what happens :redspot

Nice!

Yeah I'm dying to see that e34 traction I hear so much about! :stickoutt

jfdmas
10-03-2008, 11:31 PM
good luck and have fun guys. Be careful. Cant wait to see vids.:buttrock

MrBlonde
10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Urine must be all talk ... ;-)

WCM3
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
So Multiplex, are you going to make it saturday?

multiplex
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
yeah i should be back in the game shortly. i didn't touch the car since saturday :D but i'll be out there tonight to see what i need to get it going

as long as the drive shaft is good, i just need the shifter support arm and the linkage piece.. and some new bolts

5mall5nail5
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll be helping Jay, shit maybe he'll let me make a pass :)

I am going to do photos and video and all.. some tuning some logging some whatever.

If someone has a PNP DTA S80 w/ 1200+ CC injectors, I'll run. If not, sidelines for me!!!!

dcvee
10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
:lolSorry Jon, you're a day late...someone needed a DTA yesterday at Summit Point. I just so happen to have one laying in the tool box so I gave it away.....

Anyway, my weekend went GREAT. Minor issues, but all were fixed track-side. Nothing in the intermediate class was safe!! The turbo M3 terror mowed them all down not showing any prejudice!! Asian, european, US didn't matter. If it had 4 tires on it, it was PASSED!!! STI's, EVO's, R32's, Z06's, 600hp Mustangs were all on the menu....YUM!!

Let me do some maintenance tonight and tomorrow and if we are NOT going to VIR, I'll be at Maple on Saturday:buttrock

Don

5mall5nail5
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Damnit you were supposed to hold on to that DTA for me

multiplex
10-08-2008, 08:04 PM
so what do you say don, are you gonna come represent at maple grove?

i'm over here at the garage busting my ass trying to get my car together :D

jfdmas
10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
so what do you say don, are you gonna come represent at maple grove?

i'm over here at the garage busting my ass trying to get my car together :D

did you work out that drive shaft issue??

multiplex
10-08-2008, 10:10 PM
i should find out tomorrow. got the new shift linkage installed tonight, and fab'd up a front driveshaft hoop.

tomorrow new bolts and lock nuts show up to bolt the driveshaft back in place. I'm hoping it didn't get knocked around too much to throw it out of balance / alignment.

5mall5nail5
10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Jay if the shaft is knocked out of alignment we'll bend the car :)

jfdmas
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Jay if the shaft is knocked out of alignment we'll bend the car :)

will your car be runnin jon? you can still try to dial in your suspension and tire psi with only 42# injectors.

5mall5nail5
10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Nah won't be running - not with a 1.2 bar wastegate spring and no time before then :(

PhatTonis
10-09-2008, 12:32 AM
ah comeon what're you afraid of :-p

dcvee
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Well I'm out:help Daughter called last night and is coming home from college for the weekend. Car is running perfectly too.

I will DEFINETLY be there on Nov 1st. Gotta get this road-racer on a 1/4 mile!!

Jay, don't kill yourself trying to get it together! If you can make the 1st too I'll buy the beer/pizza...that's a promise.

Don

multiplex
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
what a perfect father daughter afternoon! bring her to the track!

we won't start busting on you until you don't show on nov 1st ;)

have fun. I guess this gives jon more time to get his car ready too :D

dcvee
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
what a perfect father daughter afternoon! bring her to the track!

we won't start busting on you until you don't show on nov 1st ;)

have fun. I guess this gives jon more time to get his car ready too :D

She would enjoy that, believe me. Her mother/grandparents on the other hand....:devillook

I'll be there on the 1st. The only way I don't make it is a medical emergency.

multiplex
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I'll be there on the 1st. The only way I don't make it is a medical emergency.

see you all already paving your way, planning your out.....

first its that you don't have big enough injectors, and that you need a new ecu.. now its..

oh wait, thats someone else ;) :eyecrazy

dcvee
10-09-2008, 12:54 PM

first its that you don't have big enough injectors, and that you need a new ecu.. now its..

LOL!!! No my "shit" has got it together....myself, on the other hand, is another story!! All is not lost yet. I'm still seeing if we can change the big family get-together to sunday:evil2 If not, I'll be there on the 1st.

5mall5nail5
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
ah comeon what're you afraid of :-p

thousands of dollars of damage

shutup t3 boy!

multiplex
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
few hours in the garage tonight, and she is ready to roll.

-driveshaft back in place
-driveshaft loop fabricated
-every nut and bolt tightened
-wheel studs install
-abs sensors mounted (for race logic)
-aquamist adjusted

only a few other things to go over tomorrow and i'm ready for the track

took it for a quick ride and it feels good. of course they are paving every highway around me so that was kinda a waste.

http://voytilla.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_DSC01427.JPG

its amazing. the bmw abs sensor fits the corvette suspension perfectly - same diameter, same length. Only problem is it's clocked the wrong way. so i fabbed up a little tab and tacked it on

http://voytilla.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_DSC01425.JPG

here is a pic from saturday.. you can see the driveshaft just hanging there

http://voytilla.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_DSC01420.JPG

but don't it look pretty?

http://voytilla.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_DSC01419.JPG

el bob
10-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Jay you are my hero

bubela
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
You Ready?

Nj85'325
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM
<3

jfdmas
10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
looks good jay. Tomorrow is the big day when you find out if all your hard work payed off. you nervous???lol I hope you guys have a good and safe race day.:)

multiplex
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
haha yeah i'm ready. i have two little things to finish tomorrow, but a big plus was i got my race logic working tonight. it did require a quick retune for fuel though because it changes the injector closing properties a bit.

craziest thing is a guy stopped by my garage tonight who i often see in the neighborhood. he was curious about my car, so we chatted for a bit.. next thing he tells me --- He drives jet funny cars for a living :eyecrazy :eek:

i was kinda blown away at that point, but he was totally stoked on the car and pointed a few things out that i should clean up before tech inspection.

i'm not gonna make any claims on what the car will do tomorrow - i just want to have some fun.

if i don't run 11's i'll be a little upset.
if i run 10's i'll be stoked
if i run 9's.... well that probably won't happen.

:evil2

MrBlonde
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Jay don't put pressure on yourself, this is just the first shakedown meet remember! Good luck dude

5mall5nail5
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
No worries jay will be stress free - its the reason he's going to a test and tune w/ a big bimmerforums group :)

I'll be doing the same thing when I am ready

SiGmA
10-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Werd Jay, looking forward to your times!! Jon, why didn't you run on the MS? Less power might be good, so you can learn to drive it at the strip. Dunno, just an idea.

5mall5nail5
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Its not less power - its that I don't have enough injector to run my turbo anywhere near its efficiency.

Running a 76mm @ 10 - 12 psi is silly. I'll wait and do it right.

Ive got pics - I'll let Jay talk about today.

Thank god Bubela is alive.

multiplex
10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
oh man what a day.. not sure where to start.

well we made it to the track by 9:15, got tech'd in by around 10.30.

checked over a few things and then waited for my GF and bubela to show up. Finally made it into the staging lanes around 12.

and that is where we sat until 3:30. By that time, we were all over being there for the most part - and pretty well sunburnt.

they were letting alot of the faster cars go multiple times before letting any of the street cars run. pretty unfair if you ask me.

so by that point we all decided we were taking one run, and going the f home.

i was up first. had a decent launch with a 1.8 60ft time, but it bogged down a little off the line and i wasn't running anti-lag - just 2 step.

in third the tires started to spin a little / wheel hop or something and i got a little sketched and rolled the rest of the way out. a nice and slow 14 for me. i later noticed i forgot to turn on my traction control i spent all last night setting up.. and after the driveshaft incident last weekend i think i was a little gun shy on how the car felt overall

next up was bob - which i didn't get to witness, but from what i hear he is an extremely lucky man. car got out of hand towards the end and the went through the trap sideways.. luckily he was able to get it back undercontrol and didn't crash into the wall. although i think he hit a center cone.. it looks as though his coolant tank may have leaked a little, which could have cause the car to get out of control. not sure

we both trapped at around 75mph :rolleyes

oh well, better luck next time.

bubela
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Dude Jay, get your story straight... I won. 14.3, sideways, 79.59mph. K?

But seriously.. That was at the same time one of the scariest times of my life, while also making me laugh. Right after I was again going straight, I was laughing.

I also did not have all my bugs worked out, and had I been able to make more than one run, I would have taken it easy. Coolant did leak out the expansion tank a decent amount, and may have been the cause of my slicks becoming slicker?

I can't tell you exactly what happened because it all happened so fast. I was around the top of 4th, and the car wiggled right a hair, then left Big time, then right BIG time and which point I guess I crossed the line perpendicular and was able to right it. No clue what I did to Not hit the wall.. but I must have been in the range of 100mph when it all started.

Yeah, I'm dumb for doing what I did (slicks in back, radials in the front).. I would advice people not to do that. Then again, most are probably not as dumb as I and would heed warning.

SiGmA
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Aw man that sucks. I'm glad nothing went wrong with your run tho, shitty it took so long to get to run. We had the same deal last night at PIR, the faster cars got to run many times more, but also they had to stop running at 10 due to noise.

a32guy
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Wasn't the greatest weekend for BMW drag racing. No worries, at least you got out there Jay! Bob, glad to hear you kept it from the wall :eek:

You guys should definitely shoot for a rental next time. I could have gotten at least 40 - 50 runs if I wanted to.

5mall5nail5
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Jays friend does a lot of rentals - maybe that'd be a better bet.

bubela
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I have crappy video of you jay, and up to the beginning of the end of my run. Al got very excited and started filming the bleachers.
Does Jon have video of your run showing you the squatting I was telling you about?

Definitely track rental next time.

Nj85'325
10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Good to see everyones still with us. Jay sucks about traction control. Maybe you should come monday...

MrBlonde
10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Dude Jay, get your story straight... I won. 14.3, sideways, 79.59mph. K?

But seriously.. That was at the same time one of the scariest times of my life, while also making me laugh. Right after I was again going straight, I was laughing.

I also did not have all my bugs worked out, and had I been able to make more than one run, I would have taken it easy. Coolant did leak out the expansion tank a decent amount, and may have been the cause of my slicks becoming slicker?

I can't tell you exactly what happened because it all happened so fast. I was around the top of 4th, and the car wiggled right a hair, then left Big time, then right BIG time and which point I guess I crossed the line perpendicular and was able to right it. No clue what I did to Not hit the wall.. but I must have been in the range of 100mph when it all started.

Yeah, I'm dumb for doing what I did (slicks in back, radials in the front).. I would advice people not to do that. Then again, most are probably not as dumb as I and would heed warning.

Dude, you don't listen! Radials on the front and slicks on the rear is not the way to go, perhaps you can help me spread that message going forward.

multiplex
10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
yeah i saw how my car was lifting up during shifts. its kinda wierd.. cause the car doesn't really squat under load, but lifts during shifts..

i want to play around with a few things before i take it back out again. no rush at this point

dcvee
10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
oh man what a day.. not sure where to start.

well we made it to the track by 9:15, got tech'd in by around 10.30.

checked over a few things and then waited for my GF and bubela to show up. Finally made it into the staging lanes around 12.

and that is where we sat until 3:30. By that time, we were all over being there for the most part - and pretty well sunburnt.

they were letting alot of the faster cars go multiple times before letting any of the street cars run. pretty unfair if you ask me.

so by that point we all decided we were taking one run, and going the f home.

i was up first. had a decent launch with a 1.8 60ft time, but it bogged down a little off the line and i wasn't running anti-lag - just 2 step.

in third the tires started to spin a little / wheel hop or something and i got a little sketched and rolled the rest of the way out. a nice and slow 14 for me. i later noticed i forgot to turn on my traction control i spent all last night setting up.. and after the driveshaft incident last weekend i think i was a little gun shy on how the car felt overall

next up was bob - which i didn't get to witness, but from what i hear he is an extremely lucky man. car got out of hand towards the end and the went through the trap sideways.. luckily he was able to get it back undercontrol and didn't crash into the wall. although i think he hit a center cone.. it looks as though his coolant tank may have leaked a little, which could have cause the car to get out of control. not sure

we both trapped at around 75mph :rolleyes

oh well, better luck next time.

WHAT??? ONE RUN??? I'm glad I didn't go. I'd be sitting in county right now because someone's ass would have got lit up....and it wouldn't have been mine. That's BS.

There's no way I can go through that on the 1st. No way.

I'm gonna call Beaver Springs. It's a half an hour more travel time...but If I can make it up with multiple passes....geez.

Bubela...glad ur ok bud!!! Damn.
Jay...at least shit held together!!

Don

multiplex
10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
this was one of the hottest cars i've ever seen, let alone at the drag strip.. dude had to shut it down half track, and still ran a 7.5

here are the specs

68 Camaro Pro Mod Twin Garrett GT5591 Turbocharged 527 Cubic Inch Chevrolet Sonny's Hemi. Uses MoTeC M800 ECU, CDI-8 for Ignition, SDL Logger and E888 for Data Acquisition - Tuned By Shane T.

http://blowneuroz.com/525/Maple%20Grove/12.jpg

multiplex
10-11-2008, 08:28 PM
WHAT??? ONE RUN??? I'm glad I didn't go. I'd be sitting in county right now because someone's ass would have got lit up....and it wouldn't have been mine. That's BS.

There's no way I can go through that on the 1st. No way.

I'm gonna call Beaver Springs. It's a half an hour more travel time...but If I can make it up with multiple passes....geez.

Bubela...glad ur ok bud!!! Damn.
Jay...at least shit held together!!

Don

hey don, i agree. i'm not gonna try to make the nov 1st one now.. i'm open for options. i haven't heard of that place before, so let me know the details

MrBlonde
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
yeah i saw how my car was lifting up during shifts. its kinda wierd.. cause the car doesn't really squat under load, but lifts during shifts..

i want to play around with a few things before i take it back out again. no rush at this point
Jay it was a great first shakedown meet because you learnt stuff and your broke nothing! You have to sneak up on the potential of a new combo a little at a time.

Lifting between gearchanges sounds like you need to rework your shock settings. 90/10 up front and 50/50 rears should help that.

Also is there scope to bring the car down? It looks like it's sitting relatively high in the photos and also there seems to be a rake.

dcvee
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
this was one of the hottest cars i've ever seen, let alone at the drag strip.. dude had to shut it down half track, and still ran a 7.5

here are the specs

68 Camaro Pro Mod Twin Garrett GT5591 Turbocharged 527 Cubic Inch Chevrolet Sonny's Hemi. Uses MoTeC M800 ECU, CDI-8 for Ignition, SDL Logger and E888 for Data Acquisition - Tuned By Shane T.

Damn,,,,that's nice!!

I'm calling Beaver Springs tomorrow. I raced 2 years up there. Matter of fact my old Vega is still running there(rumor has it).

It would be a hell of a haul for you guys Jay. Hell it's an hour and half north of me!!

jfdmas
10-11-2008, 08:54 PM
ughhh sorry to hear guys. you def need to get a track rental if you want to dial in your settings. I thought that this was a rental.

Bubela, sounds to me like you either didnt have enough air in your rear tires or you completely over compensated at the top of 4th to straighten the car out. Its a somewhat delay when trying to straighten the car out and you have to just barely work it straight.

However if your uncomfertable then yes, you should look into front bias ply's as well. But your car will still feel loose at high speeds. thats unavoidable.

KFeez
10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm down for a trip to Beaver...my car isn't anything special...but I'll definately go

5mall5nail5
10-11-2008, 09:08 PM
hahaha jay did u pull that off YB? lol just saw that dudes reply

multiplex
10-12-2008, 08:05 AM
nah i found it on youtube - of him testing his antilag

what was the YB thing?

5mall5nail5
10-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Haha same thing - someone posted that I was super confused

el bob
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Bummer about the track situation. But hey, first run's over and it all gets better from here!

WCM3
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Dude, you don't listen! Radials on the front and slicks on the rear is not the way to go, perhaps you can help me spread that message going forward.

Listen to this man. hah. I ran my BFGoodrich front radials with Hoosier bias ply and was all over the track at half track. :(

multiplex
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
yeah i don't think bob will be doing that again :stickoutt

i need a track rental that isn't 4 hours away :(

Turbo Charg Dynam
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Listen to this man. hah. I ran my BFGoodrich front radials with Hoosier bias ply and was all over the track at half track. :(

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MTT%2D1573&N=700+400206+300956+115&autoview=sku

I'll be running these on the front the next time out. They seem capable of driving to/from the track so that only the slicks need to be installed at the track.

bubela
10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
I thought I'd get slicks and have them make me a good driver (wrong).. I think I might go with some wide street tires and just drive the car as practice. Kinda silly for me to have slicks on the car if I'll be driving it on the road. I'd rather have "real world" numbers. If I get to a point where I'm actually decent at driving this car down the track, maybe I'll start using the slicks.
Either way, definitely not using drag slicks without skinnies again. Even if it was was the coolant that caused the spin.

Jay: a coworker of mines brother races his drag car (non-street) at Maple Grove a lot.. said it's gotten out of hand and didn't even bother going but once or twice this year. Even with the new ownership. So it seems like this is more then norm, than the exception there.

multiplex
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah we need to find another solution.. i'm thinking if i can get some stuff worked out with my car, i'm gonna try a thursday night at atco soon

BMWSOB
10-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Englishtown is has the VW show and go, as i'm sure you know about jay. I hear they let bmw's run also, Mike and I are going to try to make an appearence there sunday.

Anything more than about 57hp at the track can get squirly with fluids at just about any time. Throwing mismatched slicks/ radials just plain sucks. I ran some skinny radials on steelies for a while with my slicks out back and remember it being a lot more steering to keep it straight. I'm going faster now and the slicks and skinnies squirm a little on the big end but are super stable.

a32guy
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
When is show n go? I think some of my VW buddies are going, maybe I'll take a ride down.

EuroBeem
10-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Nice ill be at show n go also, Mike what time do you think youll be heading over to englishtown sunday? gotta see the m in action again.

multiplex
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
ahhh cool! i didn't know that. gonna see if i can get everything together and make a trip up. i'll have to drive it though, no trailer for me yet.

Englishtown is has the VW show and go, as i'm sure you know about jay. I hear they let bmw's run also, Mike and I are going to try to make an appearence there sunday.

Anything more than about 57hp at the track can get squirly with fluids at just about any time. Throwing mismatched slicks/ radials just plain sucks. I ran some skinny radials on steelies for a while with my slicks out back and remember it being a lot more steering to keep it straight. I'm going faster now and the slicks and skinnies squirm a little on the big end but are super stable.

dcvee
10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
yeah we need to find another solution.. i'm thinking if i can get some stuff worked out with my car, i'm gonna try a thursday night at atco soon

I tried to run with the CJPony's "Mustang" club this Sat at Beaver but they won't let me:(

I'd be up for Englishtown. Please let me know what you guys decide.

Don

dcvee
10-16-2008, 08:41 AM

This sunday? Keep us posted. I'd like to go as well. EDIT..ok, just saw that it is this Sunday. Ugh. I MIGHT be able to make it then. Let me see....

Don

multiplex
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm still thinking about making it out sunday..

Ever since last weekend i've been having this 'torque steering' issue.. not even under extreme load, just when i get on and off the gas.

i need to track down the issue. its a little scary, but managable if it doesn't get worse.

a few things it could be:
loose tie rod
bad alignment
worn diff bushing
wheel bearing?

i ruled out tire pressure for the moment

you can be coasting, and turn the wheel a bunch loading up the back end suspension without the issue occuring. it only happens under load

good news though - i got the car to not raise up so much in acceleration.. if you saw the video from last week, it was pretty crazy what was happening as i went through the gears

Nj85'325
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Jay DEF! come out sunday.

multiplex
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
you guys gonna be there for sure?

Nj85'325
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
you guys gonna be there for sure?

Im pretty much 100% without the car though :(. Donovans and Mike are maybes. They wanna but there not sure yet.

multiplex
10-17-2008, 09:39 PM
good news - turns out the one toe adjustment bar was loose at the diff side by about a 1/2 turn.. this could be what i felt at the strip last week.. tightened it up, and the car is much stiffer.

i still need to dial in the aquamist sytem. its not coming in progressively, which probably just requires a little dialing in.

girlfriend is out of town. thats one extra reason to try and make it sunday

5mall5nail5
10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
jay let me know i'll take a ride out w/ you maybe, but I am eying up putting the new ecu in too... hrm

multiplex
10-17-2008, 10:33 PM
dudes come out to the track.. you know your ecu is more than a weekend project.. you can't rush that shiz

5mall5nail5
10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
dudes not really sure i just knocked out the harness i think i will work on it tomorrow putting it in the car and see where i end up

Nj85'325
10-18-2008, 12:34 PM
new sweden assemble?

multiplex
10-18-2008, 01:15 PM
i might be out for tomorrow.. i haven't had a second to work on the meth yet today and i haven't really taken the car over 100 yet so i'm not sure i need to push it on a full pass yet

lame

Nj85'325
10-18-2008, 02:25 PM
i might be out for tomorrow.. i haven't had a second to work on the meth yet today and i haven't really taken the car over 100 yet so i'm not sure i need to push it on a full pass yet

lame

Mega-lame.

multiplex
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
dan how is your car running ? :stickoutt

i had two rough weekends in a row for car stuff.. i'm just gonna take it easy this time. ;)

bubela
10-18-2008, 06:06 PM
awwwhhhh... what? are you afraid of a little, tiny, WALL!?!?

5mall5nail5
10-18-2008, 06:15 PM
lol bob im personally not worried about walls - i know you'll be there before me taking them down for the rest of us :)

WCM3
10-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Guys, when's the next test&tune that you are going to?

multiplex
10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
there is one coming up in november, but i think i'm done with maple grove for the moment. I hear it typically is very crowded.

shooting for cecil county on the 9th of november (i think thats the date)

and probably a thursday at atco.

Maguiver
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Cecil county is an interesting crowd. I'll meet you there if you go.

bubela
11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Jay, did you make it to cecil this past weekend? I don't remember if it rained or not. etc
I think I blew my head gasket again.. worse this time!

multiplex
11-13-2008, 08:43 PM
dude oh no! another gasket? you need to check your AFR's!

yeah i didn't get to hit up cecil, weather was bad. I tried e-town last friday, and that was rained out too.

next up is tomorrow night at e-town, which is a maybe for me.. and then tuesday night at atco, which is what i'm shooting for.

did you loose pistons this time?

bubela
11-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Yeah, it's time now to think logically and be patient with this car. If you don't really know me, I like to push my shit hard, (literally UM!!) until it breaks... so I really need to build my toys strong.
Been busy (or sick!) lately, and haven't had time to do anything with it though. I told Al, if the head gasket goes again, we could rebuild the whole motor.. he was happy to hear that. We'll see. Maybe after prussian motors is covering itself, which could be a while. blah blah blah..
You better make it to a track.. and one that has about ten other people so you can make many passes! F willow grove man.

5mall5nail5
11-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Haha bob we support you, just no going down the track sideways across the center line plz! maple grove you mean hehe - willow grove doesnt but should have a track!

multiplex
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
dude bob, build up a killer motor and get back out there next year. if you need machining, we can help you out with that (torque plate, etc)

oh and this time - get an AFR gauge! :D