PDA

View Full Version : so i didnt break today...

jfdmas
09-16-2008, 10:47 PM
went to the local 1/8 track since its like 15min from home. When i got there i realized that i had no gas and my fuel light came on.:( tried to run anyhow and i would stall after every shift.lol

so i called the wifey and got some gas there asap.

Soooo, some things that ive changed while my car was down for a few weeks.

1. I went to home depot and picked up some poly for roofing/flashing and i filled my center support bearing with it to make it more solid. I didnt want my 2pc shaft bouncing up and down in the middle possibly causing my shaft to break.

2. Pulled the diff and fixed a leaky seal. Then i welded a piece of 1x1 square steal to my rear subframe right above the snout of the diff. I also changed out my diff bolt since it was bent realy bad again. My diff was bouncing up and hitting my tunnel and grinding its way through the body. Now that i welded a stopper above the diff that will not happen anymore.(thanks for advice trthrrt489)

3. Installed my cryotreated axles and diff outputs. The stock axles are now as strong as the stock axle metal can be.

4. Hoosier quick time bias ply slicks. 26x9.5x16

I managed 1 clean pass and ran a 7.3@ 103 with my best 60ft yet of 1.78. Now im still babying it because i had to drive home. However im confident that my rear is alot stronger right now and the slicks will absorb most of any shock.

Saturday im going to a private track day at the local 1/4mi and ill be trailering my car up so i dont have to worry about breaking. I will put my new mods to the test and see how i do.:buttrock

JordanMD88
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Awesome John :buttrock

MrBlonde
09-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Yay! Get out to your 1/4 miles trip .. ten second pass must surely be close now.

RJ's325ITS
09-16-2008, 11:48 PM
g00d stuff

keep us posted :D

stanksbeamen
09-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Good job! You and your car have truely come a long way! Thumbs up for doing just about everything yourself! :)