PDA

View Full Version : Who else is getting killed in this market?

Mode
03-12-2001, 04:32 PM
Make me feel better. I don't want to be the only one. :(

Lopaka
03-12-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mode
Make me feel better. I don't want to be the only one. :(

Don't worry, I'm an investment manager. My average client loss is 14.5%. I think we're near the bottom. Does that make U Happy? =) Everybodies losing. Tell me about it. I was ready to buy a $350,000 home last year and have the 20% downpayment in cash. I'd be happy to payoff my apartment right now.

Here's some thoughts:
1. Diversify... Diversify... Diversify
2. Remember your goals. Long term/short? Stick to them.
3. There are some problems w/ the dollar and trade deficit. Have money for oversea's investments
4. To make an analogy. I think this economy is like a Porsche at a red light. When it turns around, it will take off.

Take Care and don't fear the bear

Joey325i
03-12-2001, 06:02 PM
My parents play the stocks for me.

The last time i checked i was losing over 20% of $80,000. Haven't checked in a while, that was about a month ago.

eurospeed
03-12-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Lopaka
I think we're near the bottom.

Ahhh, if I only had nickle every time I heard that. ;) Seriously though, Lopaka is dead on.

The stock market is a very effective tool for the long term investor, but when micro analyzed, it can look very unstable. With the market, most everything eventually turns around (except for the web stocks :) ).

Vok
03-12-2001, 08:19 PM
Well 6 out of 7 of my high school's economics classes are making money in the stock market game we play. One class has gone from the original 25,000 to 42,000+ in just 6 weeks. Too bad we don't get to actually invest money and split the earnings. So this should teach you to hire a high school student as a financial adviser to pick your stocks. I'm available for a reasonable fee :)