PDA

View Full Version : BMW awarded me with this today

JackEatsEmoKids
06-27-2008, 10:03 PM
A month late or so, but it felt good to recieve this. Explains why I have no comebacks or half-assed repairs, or the famous "No Problem Found" or "Unable to Duplicate at this time" bullshit other "techs" do. Just damn good quality work and customers cars leaving cleaners than they came in :cool

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/JDM_Isuzu/BMW07CSIAward002.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/JDM_Isuzu/BMW07CSIAward003.jpg

:buttrock I love being a BMW Tech

Bears
06-27-2008, 10:06 PM
A month late or so, but it felt good to recieve this. Explains why I have no comebacks or half-assed repairs, or the famous "No Problem Found" or "Unable to Duplicate at this time" bullshit other "techs" do. Just damn good quality work and customers cars leaving cleaners than they came in :cool

That's awesome dude :D

congratulations! :buttrock :beermugdr

ducky328i
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
^+1

i so wanted to go to lincoln tech and get into the bmw step program...:( damn family kept me from it...fuck them

G///ME
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
you are win. congrats, dude!

325xi
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
You work for Braman? How is it there? I've been to Vista a few times and didn't think very highly of it...

Congrats on the award :)

brandon5069
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
:buttrock!!!!!!!!!

JackEatsEmoKids
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
You work for Braman? How is it there? I've been to Vista a few times and didn't think very highly of it...

Congrats on the award :)

Its the best place in the world :rolleyes

Vista is ok, Lauderdale is prob the nicest. But now Braman is building the largest BMW shop in the World, over 100+ bays and 3 stories. Should be the nicest place to work at when its done, it's about 1/2 way complete. The new Service Drive should be open within a few months

M3forJTB
06-27-2008, 10:46 PM
We had 7 Tech's get the Top Gun this year... (Most of them were older and had gotten it for the past however many years, and could care less.)

Congrats!

You guys are our only real competition...

BMW Center of Excellence FTW!

RobbieR
06-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Did "Danger Zone" start playing when you opened the envelope?

JackEatsEmoKids
06-27-2008, 10:59 PM
We had 7 Tech's get the Top Gun this year... (Most of them were older and had gotten it for the past however many years, and could care less.)

Congrats!

I believe 5 other guys at my dealer got one too. We're almost 50 guys

vdubkid
06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Nice job!

I feel sorry for the guys that actually have to deal with customers. I just shunt them off to the service advisors (being a cashier has its perks).

We have three new service advisors in the drive, and one keeps promising customers shit, and not following though, so we have to deal with them while he cuts out early.

SergeK
06-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Damn man, congrats! I prefer braman over Vista... They get me much better prices.

Anyways, Im actually a Tech Trainee at Redline BMW in Deerfield... Youve probably heard of us since were in SoFla. I do most of the work really.. they tell me what to do and I do it. Ive only been working there for 4 months and I have done a lot of very tough jobs (for me atleast). Im currently working on a 850 converstion to an AlpinaB12 (cams, intake, the whole shbang). Just finished an AC upgrade on a 2002 Automatic... Did a few engine rebuilds and so on... Fun job but I dont know if I can do it as a career. Cars are such junk.

JackEatsEmoKids
06-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Damn man, congrats! I prefer braman over Vista... They get me much better prices.

Anyways, Im actually a Tech Trainee at Redline BMW in Deerfield... Youve probably heard of us since were in SoFla. I do most of the work really.. they tell me what to do and I do it. Ive only been working there for 4 months and I have done a lot of very tough jobs (for me atleast). Im currently working on a 850 converstion to an AlpinaB12 (cams, intake, the whole shbang). Just finished an AC upgrade on a 2002 Automatic... Did a few engine rebuilds and so on... Fun job but I dont know if I can do it as a career. Cars are such junk.

You sound like you're having fun, conversions and all that.

Last thing I did near that was a set of cams, euro header, Dixis full Ti. exhaust, Dinan Throttles/CAI, Rotora BBK and throw a Dinan Tune on an E46 M3....

Not many people come to Braman for Performance Work, if they do, chances are I'm the one they recomend to do it.

A few of our "Masters" have no eye for detail when it comes to custom work. One of those assholes put an AA Exhaust on a M5 and left the mufflers slanted all sorts of way, the customer bitched and they sent it over to me, the customer was amazed when he saw me pull out a level and a tape measure to align his exhuat perfect(shot me 100 bucks for that!).

and another guy wanted his Z8 calipers painted black...another master just painted over everything......douche bag.

I always remove the pads and rotor, put tape on the caliper piston, clean the hell out of the caliper/bracket, mount it back on the car, cover the car and shoot them a few times till they are flawless. then let it dry and re mount the rotor...but hey that's just me. :buttrock

Phiberglass
06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
That's sweet!

AndrewH
06-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Nice, I just starting working at a dealership and can't tell you how many times a customers car had to be returned the next day or kept longer because of shotty workmanship.

kellie
06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Congrats on the award, I didn't know BMW had that! What are the requirements?

What did you guys get on your PIA test, BTW? I never win. :(

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Congrats on the award, I didn't know BMW had that! What are the requirements?

What did you guys get on your PIA test, BTW? I never win. :(

As in question wise or scores?

I did a 100% :buttrock

kellie
06-28-2008, 12:21 AM
As in question wise or scores?

I did a 100% :buttrock

Me too. :) We win! I hope the consolation prize is good this year. Like E30s or something.

325xi
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Its the best place in the world :rolleyes

Vista is ok, Lauderdale is prob the nicest. But now Braman is building the largest BMW shop in the World, over 100+ bays and 3 stories. Should be the nicest place to work at when its done, it's about 1/2 way complete. The new Service Drive should be open within a few months

Yeah, my grandparents live down there, and I went with my grandpa to Vista once (he was looking at a 335). Manager tried to give us the runaround; you know, "Oh, I thought you wanted to buy this car now," that kind of shit...wouldn't even write the figures he was giving us down on paper. Biggest in the world, maybe, but I'd rather have a smaller dealer where they actually treat you right.

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Me too. :) We win! I hope the consolation prize is good this year. Like E30s or something.

One guy from our dealer got to go to SC for the Driving School because he placed super high in the PIA, which was ACT last year; along with one of our douche bag foreman.

ken_vs_ryu
06-28-2008, 03:43 AM
volleyball high five

/tom cruise

Evel Knievel
06-28-2008, 04:21 AM
congrats mate! :buttrock

so what did you have to do to get this thing? Just be really good at your job?

Bobby Newport
06-28-2008, 04:53 AM
you have to be able to fly an f-15.

OxfordM3
06-28-2008, 05:14 AM
More flair to add to your uniform. Congrats! :D
http://www.luminomagazine.com/mw/storyimages/1089_wide.jpg

racermech
06-28-2008, 06:51 AM
I am guessing the tech that did my car last week was not a top gun...lol

Good job!! keep up the hard work!

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 11:02 AM
congrats mate! :buttrock

so what did you have to do to get this thing? Just be really good at your job?

Fix the car right the first time, keep the car clean or cleaner than it came in...and when you do brake jobs...clean all four wheels :D even if you just do the front or rear

spoonerDee
06-28-2008, 11:02 AM

good job... now fix my damn car grease monkey :evil2

Garrett M
06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Braman sucks...

My father ordered a loaded out 4.8 X5 from them and was told we would have to wait a few weeks...Well, We get the call from Braman and they say the car is in.

At this point my dads lease is about to end (1 week left) and we make the 1.5 hour drive to Miami to pick his car up...We get there and there is not X5, and then they say the car has never even been made?!

Needless to say they shit on us and don't compensate for anything or even offer to reorder the car.

Can't say that I would ever recommend buying a car from them, sorry.

seemlessstate
06-28-2008, 11:17 AM
if you work at braman do you know the kid Evan that works in either parts or service?

he has a black 6 speed e60 m5 with a militek exhaust and schnitzer wheels (maybe some other goodies) and a Ducati 1098?
i go to school with him thats why i want to know.

kellie
06-28-2008, 12:00 PM
if you work at braman do you know the kid Evan that works in either parts or service?

he has a black 6 speed e60 m5 with a militek exhaust and schnitzer wheels (maybe some other goodies) and a Ducati 1098?

Works at the dealer and can afford an M5?

I have to say that any award based on CSI is partially luck. I've gotten good scores, but every now and then some jerk comes in and ruins my score because of something that had absolutely nothing to do with me. On my CSI report a few months ago, I got a comment that said, "I was in a hurry to leave, and my car was blocked in the drive. I sat in my car, and the valets did not move the car in front of me. I actually had to ask them to move the car." So I got docked on my score because some lady brought her car in for a waiter oil change, and the valets are not psychic. Bah.

Ailiaw
06-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Braman sucks...

My father ordered a loaded out 4.8 X5 from them and was told we would have to wait a few weeks...Well, We get the call from Braman and they say the car is in.

At this point my dads lease is about to end (1 week left) and we make the 1.5 hour drive to Miami to pick his car up...We get there and there is not X5, and then they say the car has never even been made?!

Needless to say they shit on us and don't compensate for anything or even offer to reorder the car.

Thats the thing now isn't it, as far as I know the SALES department and the Mechanical department are two completely different things. The people selling you the car may have sucked, but if you have people like the OP fixing your car, then thats what is important when bringing your car in for maint.

I wish I could bring my car in to you, I hate the Mazda dealership's mechanics, they curbed my rims, threw some black paint over them and didn't mention anything to me, nor did they fix the problem the first time when I told them exactly what it was, (ignition coils) guy depended too much on his damn OBD scanner.

ZoomZoom951
06-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Thats good but if you arent making more money from this dont even bother caring.

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 01:40 PM

No one has an M5 that works with us minus a salemen or two who were given them cuz they deep throat good.

That might be Braman in West Plam.

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Braman sucks...

That's our sales department, prob made a mistake. Service is another story, we do anything in our power to make the customer happy.

seemlessstate
06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
No one has an M5 that works with us minus a salemen or two who were given them cuz they deep throat good.

That might be Braman in West Plam.

yes it is braman in west palm, i wasnt aware there was a braman in miami???

yeah he has a lightly modded e60, an m6 (idk if he still has it) and a 1098, he used to have a 996 turbo and then a Gallardo. (i believe his dad is an exotic car broker) which would explain it. it isnt that he makes it himself, its that his dad buys it for him.

CAJUN
06-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Steal me a full set of brake rotors. They'll never suspect you because you are such an upstanding employee.

PM me shipping cost to NOLA and I'll paypal you the $. kthxby

EDIT: Oh - congrats on that customer satisfaction thingy.

PhilipM3
06-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Congrats!

+1 CONGRATS from Global Imports!
Top Gun is no small achievement. :buttrock

Ianbiz
06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Congrats bro. Should I drive all the way down there so you can work on my Z4. I need my headlights properly adjusted and a oil change.

The Ripe Punani
06-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Congratulations! :)

B1MMRRR
06-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the award and recognition! We certainly need more people like you out there. A scientist will be sent to you shortly to take samples for cloning purposes.

5West3Coast0
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I am guessing the tech that did my car last week was not a top gun...lol

+1 Car came out of the shop in worse shape than it went in.

congratulations... Top gun FTW!!

The_Stig
06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Congrats man:buttrock

Like the poster that's hanging in your break room (at least, there's one in ours) "Perform to Win". Clearly you've been doing that!

JackEatsEmoKids
06-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Congrats bro. Should I drive all the way down there so you can work on my Z4. I need my headlights properly adjusted and a oil change.

If you really would drive down, I'll have you in and out in reasonable time. That's if the head lamp adjusters aren't broken.

E39ofmine
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Congrats!

sunshine
06-28-2008, 08:22 PM
excellent accomplishment, congrats!

alexalbelo
06-28-2008, 11:00 PM
if u dont mind can u pm me so i can ask u a serious question about ur dealer:?

kingston
06-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the award! Awesome to see someone taking that much pride in their work. A model for other techs, to be sure!

135idave
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Congrats!!

Goomes420
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
hey i dont quite understand what a tech guy does? sorry im not very car literate as of now but is that similar to a mechanic but in this case a specialized BMW mechanic?

phantom3
07-01-2008, 04:06 PM
"This is ghost rider requesting a fly by" . Nice job, congrats

typeS4
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Way to go man! Keep it up. :redspot

Team BM
07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
congrats man!

Rennmeister M3
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
hey i dont quite understand what a tech guy does? sorry im not very car literate as of now but is that similar to a mechanic but in this case a specialized BMW mechanic?

Tech is the name the dealerships give to mechanics.

Dario528i
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Awesome :buttrock keep up the good work!

DJDD
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
"This is ghost rider requesting a fly by" . Nice job, congrats

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

^ Sorry, couldn't resist. *starts playing Danger Zone*

Congrats to the OP. If only you were near me, then I wouldn't feel rage every time I drive by the local stealership.

JackEatsEmoKids
07-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech is the name the dealerships give to mechanics.

There s big difference between a mechanic and a Technician.

Bolen1621
07-04-2008, 02:19 PM
congrats!!!

TheWeener
07-05-2008, 01:22 AM
*jealous

E36LUVA
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
There s big difference between a mechanic and a Technician.

A Technician has the ability to understand how the systems in cars work to properly diagnose and therefore repair the issue at hand the first time out in a timely fashion with pride in his work. Being able to explain what he did on paper in order to get paid appropriately, with proper spelling and penmanship is also a plus. Being able to walk the customer through the issues they have with his or her car in way for them to understand is also a requirement. In other words you need to have a brain not just the ability to turn a wrench. Mechanics pretty much know how to turn a wrench but have no idea what the hell they are doing most of the time...Sorry! Hey JackEatsEmoKids I almost worked at Braman a couple years ago for the Bentley boys but when I saw the BMW to Bentley tech ratio I figured I wouldn't like working there, LOL, I work for Bentley Long Island now where I work on everything exotic. Congrats on the award dude, I know how hard you had work to get that. We need more guys like you in the workshop......

bowmang
07-18-2008, 10:14 PM
yea, when i was in STEP.. one of the UTI instructors called my class mechanics... my STEP instructor went off on him... it was quite hilarious... talking about how we have more knowledge in one hand than he has in his entire old ass body... i loved it (the guy was a tool)

congrats on the award though.. i don't think they offer that to VDC technicians... so my loss

vladimurr
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
congrats that is VERY cool. :D

TopasBlau46
07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
gratz man!