PDA

View Full Version : STL 3 series people!!!

zspturbo
05-31-2003, 07:42 PM
hi.

I have been trying to convince my dad to sell his 98 528i and buy a e36 m3 and modify it, and he kindof wants to, but he is putting up some resistance :D. I dont think he knows how fast a modified M3 is, because the last modified car he drove was in the 70's.

anyways, Im trying to find someone with a modified 3 series, preferably e36, who would let him (and maby me? :D) test drive their car. the more modified the better.

I'd beg, but I know how annoying it is to see "please!" typed out 100 times.

Patrick33
06-01-2003, 05:26 PM
here is an idea. Check autotrader for a 95 m3 in our area. There is a 1995 Black M3 with an AA Stage 2+ turbo on it for sale. He has a complete suspension set up on it and a bodykit as well. That is as modified as it gets. Have him go and test drive it and maybe buy it as it is only 28K and that is one hell of a deal for such an amazingly fast car. Hope this helps.

Trilla
06-02-2003, 02:12 PM
that was over by forest park? Just wondering, it was the only decent deal I've seen around here lately.

PeteK
06-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey zspturbo welcome here too! I saw you post over on the solo board about autocrossing your dad's 5er for the first time!

Find Jason Sams at the next autocross (he's one of the guys that's moving soon). He has a red 2001 M3 with a trick suspension setup!

Both of us were at the BMW club driver's school last weekend, so we missed the autocross, but if you tell him what you're trying to do, I'm sure he'd let your dad check it out!

Also, If you get him involved in the St. Louis BMW club, there are plenty of car freaks there that he can swap notes with!

Greenbeast
06-04-2003, 12:05 AM
There is the most beautiful 95 avus blue m3 in Springfield. I was going to buy it but it would get all dented up from sitting in the SMSU parking lot. It only has 59,XXX miles on it and is slightly moded. The paint is perfect and not dents from what I saw. The guy is asking a little to much but its been for sale for a while so i bet he will go down.

ponq
06-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Greenbeast
There is the most beautiful 95 avus blue m3 in Springfield. I was going to buy it but it would get all dented up from sitting in the SMSU parking lot. It only has 59,XXX miles on it and is slightly moded. The paint is perfect and not dents from what I saw. The guy is asking a little to much but its been for sale for a while so i bet he will go down.

What is the asking price?

:95

Greenbeast
06-07-2003, 01:54 AM
$18,900

Originally posted by ponq
What is the asking price?

:95

Brent_Vino
06-12-2003, 10:07 PM
i dunno about anyone else, but i wouldnt let anyone test drive my M3.