Thread: UUC Clutch line install Question

My Cars
    2001 M5 2001 MZ3 2010 M5

UUC Clutch line install Question

Ok I can't take laying on my back with hair full of brake fluid...

So I take it to the forum.The UUC Brake line sits between the hard line coming from the master cylinder and the hard line going to the slave cylinder or does it connect directly to the slave? I can't get the smaller fitting to stop leaking when connect to a either hard line.

Thanks and my car thanks you before I end up taking a large hammer to it in frustration.
    2010 E60 M5
    2001 M Roadster
    2001 E39 M5

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris
    Ok I can't take laying on my back with hair full of brake fluid...
    So I take it to the forum.The UUC Brake line sits between the hard line coming from the master cylinder and the hard line going to the slave cylinder or does it connect directly to the slave? I can't get the smaller fitting to stop leaking when connect to a either hard line.
    Thanks and my car thanks you before I end up taking a large hammer to it in frustration.
    Directly to the slave cylinder.

As an Instrumentation Technician, I refer to mine as a Calibration Hammer!

My Cars
    2001 M5 2001 MZ3 2010 M5
    Thanks, it makes sense now that I think about it. Enough time under the car and, frustration and logic quickly become inveresed... Does the slave have to come out?

If worse comes to worse, Brute force and ignorance always prevails.
    2010 E60 M5
    2001 M Roadster
    2001 E39 M5

My Cars
    01 M Coupe SB 07 4Runner (work car)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris
    Thanks, it makes sense now that I think about it. Enough time under the car and, frustration and logic quickly become inveresed... Does the slave have to come out?
    If worse comes to worse, Brute force and ignorance always prevails.
    I would imagine that you got this figured out already, but I didn't have to take the slave cylinder off of the tranny. It is a pain to get it started into it, but it will go. I then put on the pressure bleeder and it blead the clutch. First press on the clutch and it fell to the floor, but I just lifted it back up and then it was fine.
    2001 Saphire Black M Coupe
    IE Subframe Bushings, UUC TME Reds, Goodridge SS Brake lines, UUC SS Clutch line, Sport Mode, Strong Strut STB, Toyo T1-R (street) 235/255 Toyo RA-1 (track) 255^2 , Eisenman 76mm Sport Exhaust, TCK D/A 450/500#,TCK CP, 3.46 Diff, Autopower Roll Bar, Recaro PPs, Schroth Profi III 6 pt, UUC Stg II LWF, E34 Clutch, Magnaflow X Pipe, Delrin CABs, IE rear toe/camber adjusters

My Cars
    2001 M5 2001 MZ3 2010 M5
    Thank I didn't get around do working on it anymore this weekend, I'll probably get to it tonight so I appreciate it.
    2010 E60 M5
    2001 M Roadster
    2001 E39 M5

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    Thanks guys...you just saved me some aggravation mid-install! Good topic...posting to DIY now.
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black