Thread: Best Halo headlights?

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster

Best Halo headlights?

Im trying to replace the stock headlights for my 2000 bmw z3. I just want to ask the community before i make a purchase. What (in your opinion) is the best halo/angel eyes headlights out there?

My Cars
    See my signature
    Contact theZed on this forum....he has the best option for replacing your headlights

BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    1998 2.8l z3 RED
    I have the sonar ones which are the cheap ones off ebay, but I paid a higher price to get them from a AU retailer so could track problems better. Plenty of people say that the CCF AE's aren't bright with these ones but that is not my experience, mine are plenty bright to be seen in the day. I did not wire them to the side parkers though, I don't know if that made a difference to the brightness, I wired them to the power from the cig lighter and put in a red led chrome lighted switch with a red chrome led to light up when they are on so I can switch them on and off at will. Left on they come on with the ignition as day running lights without the parkers being on.

I also put in a HID kit, one of the more expensive ones I could find at 8000k a real blue, I am very happy with the results
    The sonar lights are used by some of the traders who replace some of the components.

My sonar versions are slightly smaller than oem but careful placement and alignment(which was the hardest part), also some alignment of the hood had them looking good. I love the newer look, even the smaller projector lens looks like a much newer version from the old lights, turned off and on the road.
    Love the HIDs too!
    First pic is with the lights before they were aligned properly.

HID bright

HID on the street, so blue 8000k 35watt HIDs, I get many comments on brightness of these compared to other HID's half the price defiantly worth looking for well made ones.

You will have much more choice in the USA than me in the AU.
    I personally like the Sypder versions but came at too high a price once shipping to AU was in the deal and some confusion on RHD, so I went with sonar from a local dealer and put the extra money into HID.
    Very happy with end result.

Last edited by lennium; 06-10-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    I say none. Our Z's never came with them to begin with so why bother. Although I'm guilty if having them on my car for a while, I smartened up and went back to stock. At the end of the day they're just retrofits.

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    Our Z's never came with them to begin with so why bother.
    These cars "fool" people a lot into thinking they are newer than they are; I often say the body lines will never go out of style. A few little updates like the halo lights give the car a more updated look. Our Zs didn't come with 19" wheels either, but you're rocking those pretty well (or are they 20s?, your wheels look big and awesome anyway)!

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    From the Angel Eyes section of The Manifesto: Nice video of z3

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    My retrofit does not have angel eyes, just HID low beams.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    I just think it gives it a "meaner" look. I was looking into the Spyder halo headlights. Would this be a good choice?

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    Quote Originally Posted by The ZED View Post
    My retrofit does not have angel eyes, just HID low beams.
    Would you mind explaining/confirming the differences for me between HID, projectors, halos, and angel eyes?

If I'm not mistaken, HIDs are the bright lights using a particular technique (gas & salts in the lamp to create a brighter light). Projectors, is that a style/design of the lense? Halos is when you have the round rings? So what then are angel eyes?

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarceas View Post

Would you mind explaining/confirming the differences for me between HID, projectors, halos, and angel eyes?

If I'm not mistaken, HIDs are the bright lights using a particular technique (gas & salts in the lamp to create a brighter light). Projectors, is that a style/design of the lense? Halos is when you have the round rings? So what then are angel eyes?
    You are exactly correct. Halos and Angel Eyes are the same thing. Words are used interchangeably.

-Todd