Thread: FI Guys. What, if any, Muffler are you running?

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe

FI Guys. What, if any, Muffler are you running?

So finishing up the first stage build of my MCoupe. It should make between 500 and 600 on Race gas, but the whole turbo setup is built for 1000 wheel, just waiting on the cash to build the bottom end and afford a freaking Tilton Clutch.

I'm wondering what you supercharged and turbo guys are running for a muffler, if any, since the space is so weird back there. I'd like something that sounds nice and ideally isn't too loud. I'm thinking about doing a boost based cutout so it doesn't need to flow crazy, but bonus if it does and I can skip the cutout.

thanks!

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    My SC M Coupe has a AA Track Pipe and Supertrapp Exhaust.

I bought it like that, and I like the way it sounds.

We do not have inspection here in FL so we can run (or not run) just about anything.

I can quickly and easily remove the disks for a track day. With the discs removed it is like running the old glass packs.

'99 M Coupe Supercharged autox/track toy* available for purchase, 2016 MX5 Miata daily driven, '11 Mazdaspeed 3 - dog hauler

*///Monster Coupe: FH/Race USA custom widebody front, 18 X 10.5 et 27 Apex EC-7 wheels 285/30/18
    Active Autowerks Super Charger C30-94- 300 whp, SnowPerf Water Alcohol injection, AA Track Pipe, Supertrapp Exhaust, Ground Control double adj struts, Adj RD sway bars front and rear, Quaife 3.64 Torque Biasing LSD, Recaro Pole Position seats, HMS Harness Bar & Schroth 5pt & 4 pt Harness

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Vibrant black series in the rear and a magnaflow going in the center section real soon.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    My goto brand is Magnaflow, you'll be able to find something that fits no problem. They have detailed specs and perforated core stuff for just about anything. If you want to step it up, Vibrant makes very nice cans but you'll do more work researching fitment. Agreed on the black series.

The ultimate for me right now would be to test out a Dynomax VT muffler. I'm continually hearing good things about them. I'd want to hide it somewhere, somehow though, as they aren't OEM looking enough for me. They don't have that stamped barrel look. =(
    Last edited by BenFenner; 01-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

My Cars
    15' M3, 15' i8
    Vibrant Black Series. I'll post pictures shortly...

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    ... oops shoe thread.
    Last edited by RobertFontaine; 01-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
    So finishing up the first stage build of my MCoupe. It should make between 500 and 600 on Race gas, but the whole turbo setup is built for 1000 wheel, just waiting on the cash to build the bottom end and afford a freaking Tilton Clutch.

I'm wondering what you supercharged and turbo guys are running for a muffler, if any, since the space is so weird back there. I'd like something that sounds nice and ideally isn't too loud. I'm thinking about doing a boost based cutout so it doesn't need to flow crazy, but bonus if it does and I can skip the cutout.

thanks!
    First, I have no idea why you keep mentioning a Tilton clutch everywhere - they are pure garbage and there are so many options out there, especially with the low torque output (relative) of the S54.

The go to options are magnaflow and vibrant - both fit the rear of the car well and both have a straight through design.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Super Sprint