Thread: What is missing?????

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette

What is missing?????

Okay, so the shop that did my paint job lost a couple of trim pieces.... I figured it all out except one.... Can you identify which piece is missing? I had it at the dealership & even they couldn't figure it out.... it is the upper door corner that is missing...I know because I had the tops of the interior fiberglassed it changed the dynamics but I don't think that would alter the corner seals/trim.... (thank you thank you in advance)

~ ALL THINGS ARE BETTER TOPLESS ~

Use to be 2000 Z3 Roadster 2.3/2.5 as of 03-30-13 simply scrap metal

My Cars
    Coupes...
    The rubber trim.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    I can't see the image.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette
    hah, figures as soon as I asked for help I think I figured it out...... (hate when that happens) #16 .... http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=50&hl=46

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    You're missing the bottom window seal. I seals the outside and front/back of the window. It might even wrap around and seal the inside too. I've not looked at might that close to determine that yet. They are around $50 each.

Edit: Nevermind, what I described is Coupe-specific I guess. =(

Edit 2: It shows that same piece for my Coupe as well. I don't think that's correct though. Maybe the rubber seal goes over that piece, but there is an all-encompassing rubber seal for the window, I'm sure of it.
    Last edited by BenFenner; 01-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    You're missing the bottom window seal. I seals the outside and front/back of the window. It might even wrap around and seal the inside too. I've not looked at might that close to determine that yet. They are around $50 each.
    Yeah I know I'm missing the outside seals, to the tune of $125 but they didn't wrap around to the corners like you'd think they would. and of course the dealership didn't have any Z3's on the lot to inspect... so at $11 a piece I order what I thought might be it.... it is kinda hard to tell since the fabrication changed the dynamics of the door it throws everyone off..... good thing or bad thing?

My Cars
    2000, BMW, 323i, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by NazTee View Post

Yeah I know I'm missing the outside seals, to the tune of $125 but they didn't wrap around to the corners like you'd think they would. and of course the dealership didn't have any Z3's on the lot to inspect... so at $11 a piece I order what I thought might be it.... it is kinda hard to tell since the fabrication changed the dynamics of the door it throws everyone off..... good thing or bad thing?
    Uh.. Thats the dealerships fault..

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    I think you're right, #16. Nothing else looks right in the other diagrams.

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette
    So I chased another Z3 off the road last night to snap this picture...
    (guy must have thought I was nuts asking to take a picture of his door jam)

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Looks like the all-encompassing wrap-around rubber window seal I was talking about.

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    Looks like the all-encompassing wrap-around rubber window seal I was talking about.
    I would agree... I was just concerned since stripping the leather off the top of the door & fiberglassing it - would have made it impossible to replace... not! Already ordered! I have to say though, I'm really surprised how "anti-friendly" the Z3 owners in my area are..... I've been trying to run someone down for weeks and you'd like I was running around with the plague asking to sleep with their daughters . . . . .

My Cars
    Z3lda-Crash/burned RIP
    I need to take a road trip to be "run of the road"...
    Z3lda - R.I.P. 7/6/13 crashed and burned, total loss.

My Cars
    See my signature
    you should have flashed them...and we are not talking headlights here...or maybe we are depending on who you are...looooooooooooool
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by NazTee View Post
    I would agree... I was just concerned since stripping the leather off the top of the door & fiberglassing it - would have made it impossible to replace... not! Already ordered! I have to say though, I'm really surprised how "anti-friendly" the Z3 owners in my area are..... I've been trying to run someone down for weeks and you'd like I was running around with the plague asking to sleep with their daughters . . . . .
    You know, at any given moment, there's a selection of ///M Coupes/Rdstrs and the occasional Z3 taking short & long term residence immediately to the east of Bradenton; straight down Hwy 64, then north on Rye Rd to the outskirts of Parrish.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3
    hrm..must be an old picture Randy, I don't see an impala in the lineup

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by mjgtp View Post
    hrm..must be an old picture Randy, I don't see an impala in the lineup
    You are correct, or I would've put it on the driveway too! Hard to believe, but in those previously posted pictures, there were only two (2) other couples over, "Vinci's" EB ///M Rdstr & his parent's CB ///M Coupe; looked like enough cars for a pretty good sized party

The Impala is still safe and sound, though hard to believe I'm a full month behind; December was a pretty rough month...

My Cars
    02' Triple Black Vette
    Wow, looks like a nice lineup.... if I didn't love my baby so much I might be a tad bit jealous.