Thread: Rims!?

My Cars
    00 roadster

Rims!?

is it possible to fit 17×9 tires:205/40/17 at the front of a 2000 roadster without doing any modifications ?

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    1. Yes depending on offset. Even the stock rear roadstars at et8 will fit up front with 205 tires.
    2. What in the world makes you want 9" wheels with 205s up front? How about a 9" wheel with a nice meaty 255. Yep. That sounds better.

/
    //

My Cars
    00 roadster
    i want to put my m roadster wheels in the front as well as the back. I want a meaty tire but also as low pro as i can.

i want rims like these front wheels in this picture, they've taken the factory rear wheels and placed them on the front. And taken the factory front wheels and widend them to 17x11. I dont want to widen anything on my car. I just want four 17x9 rimes all the way around.

Last edited by kmcc; 05-15-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    I understand where you're coming from but I think Msilvia is right, too.

Go with the same size tire all around, and get more tire up front. With 205s you are leaving lots of empty rubber room.

Stock fronts on an M roadster are 225. Why fit something more narrow than that?

I think a 245 would probably fit, and that's what the stock 9" rear from an M has on it.

So why not just go 245 all around if you want to put rear roadstars on the front anyway?
    Last edited by Scarceas; 05-15-2012 at 11:30 PM.

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Due to the offset, you can't fit anything over a 205/215 if fitting roadstars to the front of the vehicle.

To answer your question kmcc...yes they will fit up front with a 205. Don't do it though, stretched tires ride like crap. First hand experience; in the end it is your car so do whatever you please
    Last edited by Msilvia; 05-16-2012 at 12:53 AM.

/
    //

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcc View Post
    is it possible to fit 17×9 tires:205/40/17 at the front of a 2000 roadster without doing any modifications ?
    you're wanting to run the factory rears on the front, with no modifications?

My Cars
    z3

Im assuming from the fact those fender liners arent banged to bits, that this car is rarely (read: never) actually driven. Does it actually LOOK to anyone like this... fits? Without modification?

Good luck

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 s50b32 M Coupe
    Don't forget that in order to at least look right, like in the photo, you must lower the car. A lot.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    lowered a lot, tons of negative camber, trimmed fender liners

^ and expect to have similar tire marks on the inside of your hood like that as well

Looks cool, just be prepared for the modifications/consequences!

(I've been planning on doing a rears-up-front setup for a while as well; going to try rears widened 1" on the outside edge for the rear setup. Definitely going to be a secondary set of wheels, i wouldn't DD that front setup)

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000mkoop View Post
    (I've been planning on doing a rears-up-front setup for a while as well; going to try rears widened 1" on the outside edge for the rear setup. Definitely going to be a secondary set of wheels, i wouldn't DD that front setup)
    I would be inclined to get the fronts widened a bit, as long as you're already going that route on the rears. Rears in the front just fit so bad.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Anderson

I would be inclined to get the fronts widened a bit, as long as you're already going that route on the rears. Rears in the front just fit so bad.
    Unfortunately the fronts can only be widened on the backside, so no added visual, and you'd have to use a big spacer.

You could potentially cut 1/2" out of the outside lip of a rear, haven't looked into that yet. You'd end up with 8.5 et14ish, pretty doable with camber plates.

Maybe ill try throwing a rear on the front this week with camber plates at max negative , see how it looks in person

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    jesus, not this again.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    jesus, not this again.
    lol

My Cars
    2000 Mcoupe estoril blue
    To the OP, don't forget that guy is probably on air ride, so he can raise it to actually drive it and then let out all the air when parked to "show off". If he is not on air ride and is static, then he's got some balls

If you do run the 17x9 et8 all around, running a spacer in the back might make it look a little more proper. Otherwise, you'll have a ton of poke out front and little to none in the rear.

- bill -

My Cars
    N/A
    Just make sure that you don't end up looking like this douche: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1734180

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
    Just make sure that you don't end up looking like this douche: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1734180
    I remember those from back in my E39 days.... those were Jason's wheels. Not sure who the E36 guy is who has them now though.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi
    Gotta love that "aggressive set up" smdh.

Pardon my grammar and lack of smileys Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    00 roadster
    those rims looked awful on that sedan. but on the m roadster they look completly different. His wheels dont look even. the look cock eyed. but on the m roadster they look amazing?

so what would it take to achieve the look of the m roadster wheel setup of 17x9 all the way around?
    Last edited by kmcc; 05-17-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    Running M roadster wheels F+R with pulled fenders and stretched tire. It's a lot of work to be slower.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
    Running M roadster wheels F+R with pulled fenders and stretched tire. It's a lot of work to be slower.
    Shouldnt matter if its slower, since Z3s are already the slowest cars ever produced by any manufacturer ever, correct?

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    Shouldnt matter if its slower, since Z3s are already the slowest cars ever produced by any manufacturer ever, correct?
    Probably.

You and another member on here are really trying to get under my skin. Grow up and realize it's just a car, and stop taking it personal.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
    i'm sorry, did you think this was for a track setup? lol

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    I would never purposely make my car perform worse, it's a hard concept for me to grasp that others might want to.

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    I would never purposely make my car perform worse, it's a hard concept for me to grasp that others might want to.

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    I think it looks good. But its hard to believe those fronts on that M roadster are 205s. Granted I understand different tires and what not but off one of the tire stretch sites. This is a 205 on a 9.

And this is a 215 on a 9

I know I am reviving a old thread but I actually thought of doing this, so if anyone has some more info let me know.
    Current:
    15' F82 M4 (soulless beast)
    12' e92 M3 (clean daily)
    09' e92 M3 (track whore 3.0)
    06' E46 M3 (ZCP YUM)
    02' e36/8 M coupe
    01' e36/8 M coupe (the chosen)
    99' e36 M3 (spoiled)
    99' e36 M3 (track whore)
    99' e36/5 (chump 2.0)
    95' e36/5 (chump car)
    90' e30 M3 (track whore 2.0)