Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers, Please come join us!.....

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster

Lurkers, Please come join us!.....

Hi Lurkers,

Do you enjoy reading this forum but are not registered? I want to take this opportunity to urge you to register and join us. You don't have to have any qualifications other than appreciation of Z3s.

I'd love to see 5 or 10 new members from this post. Please consider joining us by introducing yourself in this thread.

Thanks,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    '05 X5 4.4, '10 335Ci

Lurker here!

Planning to get a steel gray S54 Z3 M roadster and just trolling the forum here to understand what the weak points are of this particular model and what the popular modifications are.
    Need to sell the Miata and A4 first to free up some $$ and room in the garage.

My Cars
    MKIV R32
    Hello, my name is Dee, I'm from LA. I registered here to educate myself on the Z3, and am looking for the right Z3 Coupe. I currently own an MKIV R32, an MK2 Audi TT before that. I've been an AWD kind of guy but am intrigued (always have been) by RWD cars (my girl drives a BMW). This forum is a blessing! Thanks for having me and I look forward to the day I finally own my first BMW.
    Last edited by DG7; 02-23-2012 at 12:34 AM.

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDude1 View Post
    Planning to get a steel gray S54 Z3 M roadster and just trolling the forum here to understand what the weak points are of this particular model and what the popular modifications are.
    Fantastic, welcome OregonDude1! Weak points are the usual s54 bearings issue and there is tons of existing posts on that subject that you can search for.

Look through the galleries, make some observations, enjoy the photos.

Really glad to have you join us

Best regards,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by DG7 View Post
    Hello, my name is Dee, I'm from LA. I registered here to educate myself on the Z3, and am looking for the right Z3 Coupe. I currently own an MKIV R32, an MK2 Audi TT before that. I've been an AWD kind of guy but am intrigued (always have been) by RWD cars (my girl drives a BMW). This forum is a blessing! Thanks for having me and I look forward to the day I finally own my first BMW.
    Hi Dee,

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of available data here, located via the search feature. If that strikes out, ask your questions directly to us.

A don't-miss site is: http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/

Best regards,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 97 318Ti
    Hello, not a new member to this forum but a new member to this subforum. I just acquired a 2000 M Coupe estoril with H&R coilovers, Dinan sway, ECIS intake, and magnaflow mufflers. I am looking forward to learning more about this car and modding it.

Sold95 M3 - Ground Control Track/School coilovers | Eibach Sway bars | Powerdyne supercharger | Dinan Exhaust | WAR Chip

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Good work Terry!

Welcome new members!!

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Hi,

I'm Danny - been lurking for a short while and just bought a 1.9 last week. Was waiting to take some pics before doing a proper 'hello', which I'll try and do next week.

My Cars
    2006 Porsche C2S Cab
    Nice call Terry- welcome aboard guys.

-dan

My Cars
    Several
    Mmm mkiv 32's sound so nice. It was on my list but the m won.
    -Andy
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    2011 E92 M3, 2007 335i
    Welcome folks. There is no other automotive resource for Z's or outside them for that matter that is more active and helpful in assisting owners about a vehicle. I have service techs, who when they are stumped, will break down and ask me what the folks on the boards are saying about an issue.
    Now in E92 M3 ZCP -- Absolute beast

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 318TI
    Welcome OregonDude1, Dee, nine9six, and BladeRunner919 to the forum.

Doug
    Last edited by dougmcintyre; 02-23-2012 at 08:20 AM.

My Cars
    1997 z3 roadster
    OK I've been intending to join for a while so why not.
    I'm not exactly a BMW guy, more hot rod car type, but I'm retired and was looking for something fun,and somewhat practicle. 5 years ago I was looking at Z3's when I saw a red '96 Erebuni trimed Z3 on ebay and fell in love. It reminded me of a Viper which I like, and I liked the aggressive look. My wife wanted me to hold out for a six, like that was going to happen.Well I lost out on the bidding but two months later found another red erebuni equiped 2.8 and knew it had to be mine. (I hate it when she is right) I still have it and love it. Funny thing is a friend has a Porsche Carrera GT, and whenI park near him, the Z gets all the attention!

Bob

My Cars
    E92 335i xdrive msport
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDude1 View Post
    Can't go wrong with SGM S54!!! LOVE MINE.

RIP SMW (5.23.04) - We miss you sweetheart!

My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Again, welcome everyone and thank you for registering. I hope the time you invest with us is both informative and entertaining. Remember, we love pictures and there are no stupid questions so post away. The search feature can usually dig up answers to almost any technical issue.

Cheers,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    Quote Originally Posted by DG7 View Post
    Hey! Ghery and I are also in LA. If you need any coupe advice, let us know!

Ghery is a coupe guru, he's had one for 6-7 years and knows everything about them. I ended up getting my coupe cuz of him!

Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

Past:

95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

My Cars
    2000 M coupe
    I joined a while ago before I bought my Coupe, but still lurk :P

My Cars
    1998 ///M Roadster
    I also Joined a while ago but i guess im just a forum creeper. i actualy spend a lot of time on the site.

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Terry, congrats on your promotion too!

My Cars
    '97 BMW Z3 Roadster

I'm Back. . .

Hi, Terry, et al,

Thanks for your kind invitation to step out from the sidelines. I guess I’m “ready,” to get back in the mix. I appreciate your offer to do so.

In ’08/’09 we had a 41,000 mile Silver 2.3 Roadster which my (much) better half had picked out from C/L one afternoon while I was taking a nap. “Why don’t you buy one of these?” Why not indeed? I thought. . .

We put over 7000 miles on this sweet car; lots of local breakfast or dinner trips; a run to the NC mountains with some other Z3/4 crazies from SC for a couple of days on the Diamondback. I took the car, solo, from NC to Cape Cod and picked up my brother. We went up to NH and ran the Kancamagus over to ME, ate lobster, and goofed off for a few days. For over a year the car was a DD/Specialty car that never asked for much more than gas and oil.

Meanwhile, in another life, I’ve been fooling around with Model A Fords, hot rods, and other old crap for over 45 years. I cannot tell you, “why,” but the BMW got away from us a couple years back. I never realized how sad my girl was to see the Z3’s spot in the garage taken by yet another 80+ year old, 45 MPH leaker. (I will never understand the ways of some of us “car guyz.”)

I also cannot tell you how much I missed driving the little Z, a fact I never realized; to say nothing of my girl’s yearning for the fun we’d had in the car. (She ain’t much into hot rod Fords and ancient Model A’s.)

Today, all is well, though. Last month we found and bought a sweet ’97 1.0 Roadster with 17,000 one owner miles! Originally purchased in Dallas, the car was brought to Charlotte, NC a few years back, and has pretty much sat since. Needing a good cleaning, my girl and I spent a couple of weekends on the car, and now it sits in the garage awaiting a summer of adventure! I’m quite sure this one is going to be around for a long time.

Thanks for all you all do. I mostly “lurk,” but will jump in once in awhile if I feel I can “add” anything.

Gillette Alvin
    Wilmington, NC
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
    I mostly lurk, been around since I got my toy.

Oregondude, have you checked our dcmotorz.com? We got a good deal on ours from them, they guy is a jerk but still got a decent deal.

Last edited by luv2byte; 02-24-2012 at 12:01 AM.

My Cars
    '05 X5 4.4, '10 335Ci
    Hello luv2byte,
    Have not heard of D&C Motorz before. It appears that they do not currently have any Z3M Roadsters but I will continue to take a peek at their inventory every once in awhile. Thanks for the tip!

I have mostly been looking at Autotrader, Craigslist and eBay.
    This is the perfect car with everything that I am looking for. Hopefully it will be still be around when I am ready to make a purchase.

I have enjoyed my '04 330Ci over the years and can only imagine what a handfull the S54 powered roadster would be.
    Last edited by OregonDude1; 02-24-2012 at 09:25 AM.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Welcome lurkers!

:
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    BMW Merc Audi
    Stupid Newbs

I kid, welcome aboard..
    1991 BMW E30 M3 - red/blk - Mint - *BBS* - (The Queen)
    2000 BMW M Coupe - blk/red - lightly modded - (The Track Rat)
    2005 M.Benz E55 AMG - slvr/blk - *Kleemann* - 11.24 @ 121.3mph - (My Daily Driver)
    2005 M.Benz CL65 AMG - blk/blk - *RENNtech* - V12 Twin Turbo - 648rwhp, 736tq - (Stoopid Fast!)
    2007 Audi S8 - Daytona gray/blk - Lambo V10 - Lowered on Rotiform SNA- (Girly Friend's Daily)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant - white/blk - RS6 "look alike" - *GIAC* - BBS LM - (The Work Horse)

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Hi all... I just got my 2000 Z3 about 2 weeks ago. Black on black soft top with only 54k miles on it. All stock at the moment but I'm planning a spoiler, interior mods, etc in the ridiculously near future. The weather here in Illinois is kinda crappy, so as soon as I can catch a clear day that I'm not working, it'll get a good coat of wax so I can get good pics. Been browsing here for a few days, and it's good to see all the well executed mods and info.

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast