Thread: Tasteful MOD or... just Crazy talk??

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]

Tasteful MOD or... just Crazy talk??

I know this is a Z4 but has anyone seen anything like this offered for the Z3 COUPE and if so... tasteful mod? OR am I talking crazy? Not sure if it would look good on our COUPE's...

(Rear Bumper Gills behind the Tires)

Lend me your thoughts Fellow Dorks.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Tasteful and Z4?

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Hard to tell if it would look good but I think you'd need a full wide body for it to work well.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    It'd be a mess after driving down a wet road...

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Looks pretty gnarly.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Other than the wheel arch relative to tire, I kinda like it for a track toy but on the street? No way.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    For the record,

1. I'm aware you'd need a full body kit all around
    2. I'm not saying it would look good, but would love opinions.
    3. I'm just curious to see what it would/could look like on the Z3. Odds are it would be ugly but the curious side of me has me talking crazy.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 99 528iT
    definitely cool for a crazy track-car; could probably work for a modded street car if it were much more subdued...kinda 1 series M style perhaps, just styled for z3

My Cars
    See my signature
    I think the tasteful stuff is the slightly modded kit...like AC Schnitzer splitters and roof spoiler with slightly extended side skirts...more than that and I think it gets a little 'ricey', but that is only my opinion. With cars that are more boxy, fender flares are nice, but if you stand back and look at the lines of the M Coupe from the top of the kidney grills over the hood, to the door and then back out again at the rear wheel, our cars have the lines and curves of a beautiful shape...
    BMW
    1988 E30 M3: (STOLEN) Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci (SOLD): Euro spec, Black/Black, Wokke Chips, Remus Exhaust, ACS Body Kit, 3.91 LSD
    1999 M Coupe (SOLD): (Euro S50B32), Estoril/Estoril/black, RE SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, Hi-perf. chip, Vibrant exhaust rear diffuser, ACS Type II Race wheels
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) JET Black/Black, UUC SSK, RK6A, RAID Steering wheel, SS Powerflo headers/Custom Exhaust, 3.73 LSD, R.Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters/roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper S: Hyper Blue/white Top/blue-charcoal interior, Alta Supercharger pulley/cold air intake/light Crank pulley, Headers, OBX exhaust (Daily Driver)

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer MXM View Post
    I think the tasteful stuff is the slightly modded kit...like AC Schnitzer splitters and roof spoiler with slightly extended side skirts...more than that and I think it gets a little 'ricey', but that is only my opinion. With cars that are more boxy, fender flares are nice, but if you stand back and look at the lines of the M Coupe from the top of the kidney grills over the hood, to the door and then back out again at the rear wheel, our cars have the lines and curves of a beautiful shape...
    agreed

My Cars
    2018 X4 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    Tasteful and Z4?
    Hey hey hey hey! Be nice....I'm trying to convince my wife and banker why I NEED a 2007 Z4M Coupe...but I don't think I'm going to win that one.

(I actually liked that top pic, would love to take that out on the brandy-new Triangle Expressway out here)
    2018 X4 M40i

My Cars
    2011 E92 M3, 2007 335i
    I can't seem to find it to link to but have seen a wide body kit on a track version of Z3M coupe before which looked alright if you dropped all the number and sponsor stickers.
    Now in E92 M3 ZCP -- Absolute beast

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    The question is: IS IT FUNCTIONAL?

If so, than yes, otherwise no. And only for a track only car.

My Cars
    2000 Z3; 1998 528i
    I find it hilarious that you used the words "tasteful mod" with that photo! I'm not saying the thing is horrible, or even bad. However, I would never consider something that wild or outrageous to be considered "tasteful"...
    Hello. I like you.

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    Quote Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
    I find it hilarious that you used the words "tasteful mod" with that photo! I'm not saying the thing is horrible, or even bad. However, I would never consider something that wild or outrageous to be considered "tasteful"...

Someone's sarcasm detector is working well

My Cars
    z3
    If you put as much money into a widebody as that Z4 owner did... then yes, Yes it can look fantastic. Stock car? Dont even think about it - will just look silly.

What is about Z4 widebodies that make me drool? Mmm. And there are so many haters but as far as I can tell, that car is an exact copy of the widebodys BMW raced around 06.

I love it, Ive learned most Z3 guys hate the Z4 (particularly that generation) but I think its fantastic. A Z4M coupe with that widebody is definitely in my dream garage
    more of the Z4 widebody http://jonsibal.com/blog/2010/02/sup...mw-z4-no-more/
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 12-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    ///M s52
    Rice ftw...! I would just buy a 997 and call it a day