Thread: Outer Tail light question

My Cars
    2000 BMW 525i Touring

Outer Tail light question

Currently bidding online for a pair of white outer tail lights. 2 hours to go and I am still the only bidder (fingers crossed - $20 for OEM tail lights). Reason the starting price is so cheap is that the left light is missing a small piece. I'm assuming I can just take the piece off my current orange lights and use that. Can anyone confirm?

Here's the piece in question. Ignore the top picture. On the bottom picture, left side is missing, right side has it.

BMW 525i Touring, AC Schnitzer alloys, leather trim, cruise control, aux input, BSW Sub, brushed titanium trim

My Cars
    97 540i/6
    Looks as though a tab broke off. I guess technically you could break the same piece off or your old headlights and jb weld it on to those. I guess the only "hard" part would be cutting it at the same angle.

Also, if the tails you are bidding on are not 2000 M5 tails, then they will not be a plug and play procedure on your car. The 2000 m5 tails are the only non-orange tails that fit plug and play on 97-00 non-m e39s(as far as OEM goes)
    Last edited by PRO; 04-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 525i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by PRO View Post
    Looks as though a tab broke off. I guess technically you could break the same piece off or your old headlights and jb weld it on to those. I guess the only "hard" part would be cutting it at the same angle.

Also, if the tails you are bidding on are not 2000 M5 tails, then they will not be a plug and play procedure on your car. The 2000 m5 tails are the only non-orange tails that fit plug and play on 97-00 non-m e39s(as far as OEM goes)
    They're for a touring model so I don't think the M5 thing applies.

Never mind. I lost the auction in the end. Price went up to $50 in the last hour
    Last edited by beemerinjapan; 04-09-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

BMW 525i Touring, AC Schnitzer alloys, leather trim, cruise control, aux input, BSW Sub, brushed titanium trim