Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling the drift car

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I've basically conceded that I'm going to have to part the car. At this point I'm basically trying to find someone to buy the motor.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    14k is my starting price, not my lowest price . There's an S52 E30 that is going for $10k. I've got $9k more in parts than he does too.

I agree. i need to do more learning about cooling systems. I wish I could fit a mechanical fan in there.
    I wish i could price things like that.

everything I own would be worth a MM $$$

My Cars
    none
    Dude, I told you you had a tuning issue did I not? I told you to trailer the bitch up here and I'd fix the map...

Yet all you wanted to do was throw money at it... Now what? You blew all your money and am back to square one...

Alright... I was planning to go on and on but, the point is YOU got yourself into this YOU are the only thing thats going to get your self out.

You want to get rid of the car? Price it reasonably... Like 5-7K OBO or part it out. No one is going to make it rain money on you in fact most of everything you said would tell any potential buyer to run, run far away!

The fact you keep talking about you needing 9k for that motor and saying you want to chuck it in the same story...

I'm REALLY TRYING not to bash you. REALLY just pointing out whats super obvious!

I hope you can pull it together or just pull together in general...

We are here to help but thats only if you let that be what it is...

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Dude, I told you you had a tuning issue did I not? I told you to trailer the bitch up here and I'd fix the map...

Yet all you wanted to do was throw money at it... Now what? You blew all your money and am back to square one...

story of this car's life, IMO.

a lot of good parts, and good intentions not properly executed.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    So if I keep the car, it's a ragged pile of crap. If I sell the car, I'm a failure and quitter. How do I win here? Seriously. I can't win. Therefore, I quit.

FYI the technica tune fixed all the running issues. Car runs fine.

Matt, your input adds nothing. Besides, I'm following your footsteps. A bunch of motor swaps, give up and have kids.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    many
    run for the hills yoshi and become a family man while theres still time !
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    none
    So if I keep the car, it's a ragged pile of crap. If I sell the car, I'm a failure and quitter. How do I win here? Seriously. I can't win. Therefore, I quit.

Matt, your input adds nothing. Besides, I'm following your footsteps. A bunch of motor swaps, give up and have kids.
    You don't have to keep it. I think you need to really think about your true goals for what suit you best. Many thigs you can do, really.

Yes, I know the Technica Tune fixed it... You could have had the same results for free if you pulled a little bit of fuel or trailered the car to me and I could have showed you how to work that MS unit/ tuned her up for you if you let me waste some tires .

I saw you start a new build thread and we will help you sort out what ever issues you set out to accomplish. Something to start working on now is to raise your morale. Is drifting the ONLY thing that makes you feel good? I doubt it! What about some small things in life? You may have taken a break and not touched a car in two weeks but the way you sound is if your trapped underneath the car with a wrench stuck in your hand.

One thing is for certain, there is ALWAYS HOPE!! Keep your head up high, you'll get through this...

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Nah man. No hope. It isn't the car. It's me. Much like you've said before. I make bad decisions. Which is mainly why I didn't want you to show me how to tune. I don't trust myself. The car isn't street driveable and I don't have the cash to make it that way. The car isn't perfect and I have very little self esteem to begin with so it covers my car as well. I'm just so done man. I'm mentally tired of this, I'm losing sleep. I just want all of this gone. Maybe start a new or something.

I refuse to believe the whole car is only worth 5-7k. I am trying to part it out since I highly doubt anyone will buy the whole thing. I would much rather the car just disappear and not have to rip it apart myself.

I can't do this anymore man. I love drifting but I haven't enjoyed it in over 3 years. I give. Just give up.

My Cars
    1989 325i
    1. Sell the car
    2. Buy something street-able and drift friendly
    3. Mod lightly (Keep it street-able!)
    4. ?????
    5 PROFIT! (And shred tires)

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Gonna stop at step 1. Maybe I'll indulge my mother in law and start having kids.

My Cars
    turbo e36
    This is a sad thread...

When I was younger, All i had were drift cars, one after another. Truth is, you cant have a good drift car/ daily ONLY. Drift cars break down, its the nature of the sport, to destroy.

Sounds like you need a break. A few years without it, and you'll look back and see how absurd it is. Doesn't mean you wont want to do it.

I haven't owned a drift car, for at least 5 years...untill now.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    My .02 whether you listen or not,

Go to the gym or do something productive that makes you feel good and will help you sort out your priorities. You sound depressed beyond just the car.

Chin up dude,

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    You have no idea man. I actually started working out a bit ago. Does help.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    You have no idea man. I actually started working out a bit ago. Does help.
    Keep at it dude, it will make you feel better I promise. Really clears your mind when you're overwhelmed.

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance D View Post
    Your name makes me think of diarrhea.

OP, Just walk away from it and when you feel like it, start getting the car sorted again. Unless you are really needing the extra cash, I think in the long run you'd be more pissed about just dumping the car.
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    98 540i6

your car has to work at every event to follow - maybe break a few gear boxes along the way.

I didn't give up for kids, i gave up because i was embarrassed to be associated with goobers like you and that purple supra fellow.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    You gave up because of guys like me? You were good. You did great. You never let those guys get to you. You did it because you loved driving. Then all of a sudden the guys around you got to you? I idolized you back in the day. I wanted to be you. To hear you say I'm the reason you quit really hurts.

My Cars
    94 325i
    Yoshi! We all love you here and I am always excited to see the new things you have done with your E30 in your driveway. Who is going to make all the awesome videos explaining how to build our diffs or explain the witchcraft behind them!

Hit the gym, get off reddit and try and relax and you will get yourself back to a place you want to be

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Comp numbers. 150-155 across the board. Looks to be better than the other S52 with the same-ish setup - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1068970

My Cars
    many
    145 is the min. compression numbers should be around 200psi

you sure you did it correctly? (just trying to help not beat you up here)
    Last edited by kyillest; 08-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    93 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by kyillest View Post

The motor has lower compression pistions so it sounds about right.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by kyillest View Post

8.5:1CR. Stock is like 10.5:1 IIRC. so ~20% below a factory 200psi sounds like 155-160 to me. So it should be good. Correct my math if I'm wrong.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    160psi sounds right for 8.5:1. Plus they are even across the board. If they varied then you'd be looking at a problem.

My Cars
    95 M3, 07 Titan, 96 XJ
    yoshi... just keep the car and store it... i will store it for you.. do you for a while get things in your life figured out. you just need to not see it or worry about it. for a bit... and in the end if you still feel you want to sell it then do it but dont sell out so fast.

as for me buying the shell... I cant see spending $1000 for a shell with a widebody...

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
    Daily E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.790 :: 1/8th - 8.20 :: MPH - 84.68 :: 1/4 - 12.81 :: MPH - 107.05
    *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95
    Cool2seat's TTstg1 E36 M3 - 60ft - 2.123 :: 1/8th - 8.44 :: MPH - 87.71 :: 1/4 - 12.94 :: MPH - 107.95

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I gotcha about buying the shell man. I'll probably wind up letting it go for much less.

Really at this point I just want the car gone. I don't seem to be able to put into text why exactly I'm selling the car. Just know that this isn't a sudden snap decision. It's been coming for a while.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast