Thread: DING KING Dent Remover

My Cars
    1995 740iL; 2001 Mercedes E320

DING KING Dent Remover

Has anybody tried this stuff? It's an infomercial item, so it's questionable. But I wonder if if works. I'm tempted to buy it just to try. Can anyone talk some sense into me before I do?

My Cars
    92 325is
    Maxim did a thing on it...scored a 0 out of 10 so they said it sucks. Kinda sounds too good to be true anyways *shrugs*

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    We have one of these mechanisms. My stepdad bought one when my mom's car was tapped on the back. We ended up replacing the bumber, so it just takes up space in our garage. But yeah, it sounds too good to be true. I think it has the potential to shrink the size of the ding, but not completely remove it.

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    thinking about giving it a try since i heard it's only $20 at wal-mart. however, i went to wal-mart (mt view) today and they didn't have it. anyway, if i see it else where, i'm gonna give it a try, and if it sucks, i'll just return it and say it's a POS.

My Cars
    '14 Jeep GC+'16 VW Golf
    I have seen them at Walgreens (drug store)....don't know if they have those in your part of Cali though.

vapor

My Cars
    E46 M3, Yamaha R1
    Actually my buddy has one and we used it on 3 of our cars...

Works quite well depending on what kind of dent you got. In general the bigger ones are better to use with this dent king.

The glue is strong but harmless to the paint!

rk
    04 GPW/Onyx NSX
    05 Rio Yellow S2000 (Comptech Supercharged)
    08 Suzuki Hayabusa
    08 White IS-F

Gone, but not forgotten: (gt3/m3) http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=203205

My Cars
    M3
    my brother used it on some small dents on his boxster, the dents came out and the paint is fine. he jus said that u need be patient to be able to use it cuz it takes time.

My Cars
    The Bavarian Falcon
    I bought one, what the hell, it was only $20.

Took out one annoying large door ding, about 95% gone now, have to look and catch it at the right angle to see it.

It didn't do a thing for smaller sized dings.
    93 325is - total M3 conversion and more - Dinan SC kit - RMS aftercooler and tuning - 395rwhp on 91 octane.
    "....She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself." -Han Solo

CarDomain page

My Cars
    2005 Evo VIII
    I've taken out 3 dings.

1) my buddy's 95 M3 - can't tell it was there.
    2) roof of my Cooper s - completely gone.
    3) hood of my M3 - gone.

For 30 dollars I said what the hell. I saved myself and friends at least 400 bones!

I would endorse the product. Simple to use.

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    i tried it on 3 dings.

one ding was small and was a soft ding. this ding was removed.

the other two dings were small, but a hard sharp ding. i could not remove these two. but they might be able to.

instructions say some dings may actually take 10 pulls. i just don't have the patience for this as you have to wait for 5 min each time for the glue to dry.

i now have it for sale:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...threadid=84270

My Cars
    2005 Evo VIII
    You have no patience to get rid of a ding?!?!

The one on my buddy's door was pretty sharp. It was visible at all angles.

I worked on it for about 15 minutes and now you can hardly tell it's there.

I'd work on it for an hour if it would save me the 100-150 bones.

My Cars
    divorced my bimmer :(
    I rarely fall for those things, but after my wife parked too close to the softball field and got a foul ball in the middle of the hood, I ordered one. Guaranteed so I thought I would try and send it back.

IT ACTUALLY WORKS!! It's not quite like the commercial, I re-did the dent about 6 times, but you can't tell where the dent was. Mine was a softball dent with no paint damage on a flat surface, probably wouldn't work around a crease or on a really bad dent.
    BMW Cigar & Gun Club Member # 11

My Cars
    Spaceship
    I got 4 dings professionally removed for $75.
    -Jarrett

'04 Scoobaru STi
    Cobb Stage 2 Accessport, HKS 3'' Catless DP, Helix 3'' Catback, Progress Coilovers, Cobb 25mm R. Sway, Cobb Formula Street/Track Pads, Whiteline Diff. Bushings, Rota Torque 17x8 w/ Hankook RS-2, Omori 60mm Boost Gauge, Ricer Wing.

My Cars
    93.5 MKIV NA Toyota Supra, 2000 BMW M Roadster
    Originally posted by shragon
    thinking about giving it a try since i heard it's only $20 at wal-mart. however, i went to wal-mart (mt view) today and they didn't have it. anyway, if i see it else where, i'm gonna give it a try, and if it sucks, i'll just return it and say it's a POS.
    what about that other thing? the big and small suction cup looking dent remover. Looks ilke it'd take less skill to use and is only one piece. Just stick it on the dent, and pull.

RoB~
    2000 BMW M Roadster SLVR/BLK 5spd

SOLD $26,000!

1993.5 MKIV Premiere NA Supra - FORSALE $15,000

Just a word of warning; I bought a Dent King several weeks ago. Simple enough instructions. I had 3 dime-sized dents. After 3-4 applications each the dents came out. However, the dents were now protruding! Right, innies became outties, if you know what I mean. Went to the local dent wizard who fixed them all perfectly for $99 per panel. Apparently they have had many problems with the Dent King. Sometimes the metal becomes so stretched that the dent cannot be fixed easily (ie. withought body work). Perhpas there should be courses on how to use the Dent King. Regardless, I don't think I'll be using it again.

that was going to be my next question, is it possible to make it worse.

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3 2-door, '02 YZF-R1
    The instructions say that you can sometimes pull a dent too far, and that's why a tool is included to take care of it...
    -c///m
    1997 Estorilblau M3 2-door
    Performance: JC euro intake, AA Gen III exhaust, Evosport UDP, fan delete, Schrick cams, OBD-I intake manifold, 540 HFM, ASC delete, 24# fuel injectors, DiffsOnline 3.46 40% LSD, Boston BMWCCA sticker
    Suspension: TC Kline SA (Suck-A**) coilovers, ///M front strut brace, X-brace, TCK RSM, Powerflex RTAB, Turner sways, Motorforce camber plates, RRT reinforced rear LCAs
    Lighting: ZKW w/ HID, Euro clears, Lamin-X foglight film
    Other: Z3 steering rack, SS brake and clutch lines, Stygar SSK, UUC TME, VDO Gauges, MB Quart Discus components, MB Quart Discus 6x9 triaxials, Audio Art NA 4070 280W amp

My Cars
    1997 328is
    This is the biggest piece of sh*t ever made, I have it and wasted my money. Every single small dent I could have taken out became worse. It stretched the surrounding metal so it protruded and there was still the little dent in the middle, and it looked like a tiny volcano. Save your money and just go to a dent removal place where they can do it properly.

My Cars
    Mmm
    Well, i bought the ding king off Shragon for $12 shipped (thanks for the transaction). He barely used it, and it was cheaper than buying it new. Anyways, it got rid of i'd say 70% of this big dent i had. THe others, i lost patience for. I think I'll just go to a dent wizard and have them estimate to get rid of the others. For $12.....i cant really complain because it sorta helped. But since i'm gonna eventually have it professionally done, i guess it could be considered a waste.

My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    are there any dent wizards in so cal?

Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

Past:

95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    how funny would it be if you went to the dent wizard and found the guy using the Ding King on your car?

"that'll be $125 + $20 in materials."

Hey man, I'm a professional!

Originally posted by Tetatdo
    are there any dent wizards in so cal?
    yes.

http://www.dentwizard.com
    TD///M3
    '97 Cosmos M3/4