Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Group Buy - Bell, Bieffe, Simpson

My Cars
    95 M3

Helmet Group Buy - Bell, Bieffe, Simpson

Hey all,

UPDATE - The Group Buy is officially over. Please order your helmets over the phone or in person. Be sure to ask for Eric. To verify you're participation, be sure to give him the name, address, and phone number you provided me. Please have your orders in by Tuesday 6pm.

Thanks everyone!

I was at OG Racing in Manassas, VA today shopping for helmets. I was inquiring about any special deals or anything that they might be having. The sales guy Erik, said he didn't have a sale going on , but he could arrange a group buy if I had appropriate participation. So here's the details!

We need 10 people for this. The selection is any helmet OG Racing carries. Their current inventory includes full line-ups of Bell, Simpson, and Bieffe. The selection can be checked out at
    OG RACING

We get a 20% discount if we get 10 people!!

Group Buy ENDS SUNDAY MARCH 2nd AT 5PM.

THE LIST WILL BE LOCKED AT 5PM. I WILL SEND THE LIST TO OG RACING AT THAT POINT.

For any questions about the group buy, contact me via email at sardil@sardil.com or call me at **. For any questions regarding the helmets themselves, call up Erik at OG Racing at 800 934 9112.

EDIT: Its 20% off OG Racing prices, not retail!

EDIT: ALL ORDERS MUST BE MADE OVER THE PHONE OR IN PERSON EITHER MONDAY OR TUESDAY.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW, YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE 20% OFF. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

PLEASE ORDER ASAP SO AS NOT TO INCONVENIENCE THE REST OF THE PARTICIPATING MEMBERS!
    Last edited by sardil; 02-04-2005 at 01:10 AM.
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    95 M3
    Current list of people who are in. Please read the rest of the thread for more info.
    Thanks

This list only includes people who wish to purchase AND have sent me their name, address, and phone number!
    Last edited by sardil; 09-08-2006 at 10:25 PM.
    Sardil

'95 M3

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    I was just about to order a helmet, so I'm definitely in!

I'm thinking Bell M2.

What is their policy regarding returns due to incorrect sizing because it is an online order?

My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    BTW, how soon could this go through? Just as soon as we get 10 ppl and get the helmet shipped straight to us?

My Cars
    95 M3
    Hey Def,

Good choice! I'm looking to get the M2 also. One thing I'ld say before buying, is to get yourself to a nearby shop (that was 2 hours drive for me) to try them on. I was set on getting a Simpson one, turns out they just don't fit my head. I tried different sizes for them, but just didn't sit right. The M2 and M3 were my choices, but thats also $300 vs. $440 choice!

As far as ordering, as soon as we get 10 people, we're set. I didn't bother asking him weather there'ld be any more discounts if more ppl, because frankly, I don't think we'll get anymore.

Call up OG Racing to find out specifics about returns. But trust me, find a store whereever and try these on. I went thru 12 helmets the first time I went there to find the right one. Who knows, maybe Simpson or Bieffe will fit you better, and they have similar pricing too!
    Hope this helps!
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Count me in.

B
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Sweet! Any idea which helmet you want?
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    M3
    Bell M2 please. Check your mail!

Ed
    Slow in, slow out

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    What's the price for a Bieffe Predator helmet?? I am in MD too.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Oo...good question on the Predator helmet. You can call up OG Racing at 800 934 9112, or I'll call Erik on Monday and find out what the deal is. He said he dealt with all helmets from those manufacturers, so hopefully he can get you the Predator.
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    95 M3
    Sweet! 6 people in already. If you all could please email me your names and address for contacts, I can start setting up payment stuff with OG. Thanks!
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    '09 Mini Cooper
    count me in for the BELL SR-PRO, i prefer the open face to deal with the Texas heat .
    btw, how much will the shippng cost be to dallas, tx ?

My Cars
    95 M3
    Hey Rahul, you've got email.

Come on people, we only need a few more people for this!!
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    I'll need to go check out some helmets this week and pick a size. I'm going cheap, but I don't know which of a Bell, Bieffe or Simpson full-face to get. I do need a helmet ASAP. If anyone has a strong opinion about features or the like, drop me a line or post. Sounds like a hell of a deal - any details on how you'd want to do shipping, sardil? Could OG handle it?

My Cars
    95 M3
    John, You've got mail.

As for shipping, I will talk to OG Racing first thing Monday morning and work out all the details. I just set this up with them on Friday and haven't had a chance to follow up with all the details!

I'll post and send out emails to whoever has expressed interest tomorrow!

Thanks
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    WRX
    Anybody know of a place that I can go try on some helmets in the NJ/Philly area? I <i> may </i> be interested... :

My Cars
    '09 Mini Cooper
    Originally posted by sardil
    Hey Rahul, you've got email.

Come on people, we only need a few more people for this!!
    Sardil,
    I did not get any email from you. please re-send.
    later..

My Cars
    97 M3/4, 07 Tahoe
    I'm in too. Just so long as I have time to get somewhere to try on a helmet or so.

Lemme know

Bradahrens@hotmail.com

Definitely buying as I have been needing one for a while now.

Brad
    97 Alpinweiss M3/4 5spd

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heoric hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to see, to find, and not to yield.
    - Tennyson, "Ulysses"

My Cars
    95 M3
    Rahul- oops, send it to the wrong person. I'll send it out to ya today!

Kyle K. - you might just have to make the drive to OG Racing from where you are (Princeton right?) Its about an hour and a half from me (Baltimore). I say pick a easy day or this weekend and make the drive to OG RAcing. I'm glad I made it out there! Email me at sardil@sardil.com, maybe I could help you out a bit too with trying to find a place or helmet.

As for the rest of you, I talked to Eric today to finalize some details. This is how its going to work. Everyone needs to email me their contact info and what type of helmet they're buying. I forward the list to Eric. You then have to call Eric and put the order in! READ THAT AGAIN! You have to call ERIC at OG Racing to put the order in. He'll take care of shipping, sizing, and any other product questions you have. If you do not email me your contact info, then you won't get the 20% off.

So, everyone who wants in, please email me your contact info (except for the people who already did that )and what type of helmet you want. After I get all 10, I'll forward to Eric, who will then take your orders and setup everything from there on in. Feel free to call me at (201) 519 3874 (I won't be able to answer till after 6pm) about the group buy or Eric about the helmets.

Thanks guys! Lets get a few more people in and we can get this going.
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    95 M3
    Brad - you've got PM!
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    95 M3
    Alright people, time for me to go to class and study. Stay tuned tonite. I'll post up info on exact number of people in, and I'm going to hunt down whoever expressed interest. I'ld really like to be able to get these shipped out by the weekend!!!!!!
    Thanks!

Oh sidenote. OG Racing is obviously a full fledged store. They take credit cards and stuff. If any of you have the burning need to pay via paypal, you can email me. I'll just pickup the helmet directly from them and ship it to you myself
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    2 3.0 Z3 Coupes, 325 i
    I would like to get in on the GB but I also need some time to try some on. Let me know what your drop dead time is. Thanks

dhcybrfrmr1@mchsi.com

My Cars
    95 M3
    Alrights, we're upto 9 people!! One more and we can offically call it quits, unless of course more people want in. Our discount really won't get bigger with numbers, but I do realize some folks want time to try out stuff. So its probably best to keep this open till the end of the week to let everyone have a shot at this. Anyone object? Didn't think so
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    97 M3/4, 07 Tahoe
    I may have a friend that would be the 10th. He is getting back to me tonight. He likes the idea of a Bell SR-PRO for $200 bucks ($250 20% off)

I'll post later tonight.

Maybe once OG gets our info (maybe even CC# to hold the pricing and ensure an order) they would give us more time to order from them. That way the people that need them quick could get them and those who need more time would have a week or 2 week window?

Just a thought.

Brad
    97 Alpinweiss M3/4 5spd

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heoric hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to see, to find, and not to yield.
    - Tennyson, "Ulysses"

My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Originally posted by Texas M3/4
    Maybe once OG gets our info (maybe even CC# to hold the pricing and ensure an order) they would give us more time to order from them. That way the people that need them quick could get them and those who need more time would have a week or 2 week window?

Just a thought.

Brad

That sounds like an excellent idea! I for one need this helmet in my possession before March 8th, so time seems to be important for some people.

Once we meet the minimum number of people I don't see why OG Racing wouldn't want to keep this GB open for a week or two and get a couple more people in on it(like almost a short sale period?).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast