Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage BMW Roundel

My Cars
    92 325i, 96 328i, 06 330

Vintage BMW Roundel

Just wondering if anyone has used, or knows where to purchase the emblem on the bottom left of this picture:

I think it would be interesting on an M car.
    None

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    I'm sure it would be pretty rare. Haha, for some reason all I see when I see the bottom left roundel is that being placed on an M1 or 8 series. :p

My Cars
    TiAg E36
    I'd rock some vintage motorsport roundels like that. I always thought that one looked cool...

My Cars
    2007 328xi Touring
    Yeah that would definitely be sweet on a M or Club Sport car. I think you would have to make them yourself, you can probably find those for other cars but I doubt they would have the same sized roundell as a E36.

My Cars
    totalled r32 skyline
    top left with some gold wheels :drool

llegos is offline Internet Superhero BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2004 330i ZHP
    Cris(fjord7302), a member here has those roundels on his 2002.

My Cars
    Cosmos M3
    Make them on a computer and slap them on a spare roundel.

I want to buy your Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8 AF-D (Two-Ring) lens! Let me know.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8#post20192178

My Cars
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    I have one of those, its not a roundel its a vintage patch like to iron on a shirt or something. Its neat.
    RLTW

My Cars
    1997 M3 & 1996 328i
    That roundel is pretty neat lookin

My Cars
    Porsche, e30 M3, MB-500e
    it would only look good on 25+ year old BMWs, like 2002 or 635, etc...

My Cars
    E30 and other misc high mileage trash
    I am pretty sure a guy on R3vlimited.com is making overlays in this fashion.

My Cars
    92 325i, 96 328i, 06 330
    Quote Originally Posted by carreraboy911 View Post
    it would only look good on 25+ year old BMWs, like 2002 or 635, etc...
    I think it would look great on your e30. I'd never put it on my car. Would look really out of place on an e36.
    None

My Cars
    Too Many
    There was one of those stickers in the M-Bus

My Cars
    06' E46 M3, '98 M3 Sedan
    any more pics of the M bus?

As always you can find BMW Grills, BMW Lighting, and BMW Accessories and Chrome Bulbs at Stealth Auto.

My Cars
    911 + E31
    I bet it would look dope on an 8!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1990 535iM, 1991 M5
    I believe someone at R3vlimited.com (e30 site) makes these

"The BMW roundel, one of the world's most recognized and revered commercial symbols, celebrates its 90th anniversary this month.

In July 1917 Franz Josef Popp registered the name Bayerische Motoren Werke, thus distancing the new company from the Rapp Motorenwerke. This was a necessary move if the new company was to find new clients and prosper. The name was registered but as yet there was no new logo...

It was on 5 October 1917 that the BMW trademark was registered with the Imperial Trade Mark Roll under No. 221388. It featured the circular design of the Rapp logo but with the letters BMW at the top of the outer ring. The inner featured quadrants in the Bavarian Free State colors of blue and white - but in the opposed order - as it was illegal to use national symbols in a commercial trademark.

The design was not in any way connected with aircraft engines or propellers. The idea that the blue and white had anything to do with spinning propellers comes from a 1929 advertisement, which featured aircraft with the image of the Roundel in the rotating propellers. This advertisement came at the beginning of the Great Depression, which coincided with BMW acquiring the license to build Pratt & Whitney radial aircraft engines. The advertising department used the roundel and BMW heritage in an attempt to increase sales of the new radial motors.

The idea of the spinning propellers was given greater credence in an article by Wilhelm Farrenkopf in a BMW journal of 1942. This also featured an image of an aircraft with a spinning roundel. These were powerful images and the legend of the spinning propeller was born.

The logo was registered on 5 October but it was in limited use prior to this date. On 1 October 1917 Franz Josef Popp was given a certificate confirming"
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan "Natalya"
    Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

My Cars
    Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthauto View Post
    any more pics of the M bus?
    search in OT there is a huge thread with a ton of pics. Im at work or I'd find it for you.

My Cars
    Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMPower View Post
    It was on 5 October 1917 that the BMW trademark was registered with the Imperial Trade Mark Roll under No. 221388. It featured the circular design of the Rapp logo but with the letters BMW at the top of the outer ring. The inner featured quadrants in the Bavarian Free State colors of blue and white - but in the opposed order - as it was illegal to use national symbols in a commercial trademark.

The design was not in any way connected with aircraft engines or propellers. The idea that the blue and white had anything to do with spinning propellers comes from a 1929 advertisement, which featured aircraft with the image of the Roundel in the rotating propellers. This advertisement came at the beginning of the Great Depression, which coincided with BMW acquiring the license to build Pratt & Whitney radial aircraft engines. The advertising department used the roundel and BMW heritage in an attempt to increase sales of the new radial motors.
    thanks for posting this. i didn't know this info.

My Cars
    1988 325is BMW

My Cars
    E46M3,E36M3,E90,E23,66Mu
    Motorsports Hardware sells them.
    http://motorsporthardware.com/produc...ndels-emblems/

-Edit- Oh wow, a thread from 2008, I doubt OP is still looking.
    Last edited by bigpuppy; 01-09-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    -Brian

-Varis-Hartge-Seibon-Umnitza-TRM--Mason Engineering-Zionsville-Mishimoto-Stewart-Conforti-BMW ///M/LTW

My Cars
    z3
    I have some of these hand painted, do they still make those anymore? They are not from motorsport hardware or bobs bmw.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E36 M, E32 740i/6, 997 S
    There's some vendor that makes these. Some guy on here with a red E34 M5 on some crazy wheels has them, real nice ones too--not a sticker. I sent him a PM and he told me he got them from CAtuned. When I contacted them they said they didn't have any in stock but that they'd get some from the vendor. To make a long story short, I had to have my money refunded because this vendor never sent them out. That's as far as I got trying to find them.

If you manage to get some please tell me where you did because I really want them too.

My Cars
    z3
    Methinks people should read the whole thread... lol

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    I made a set...

edit: I bought them from Bob's bmw as posted above.

Last edited by SamGrant951; 01-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    buddy;s E30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast