Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Does 5x4.75 / 5x120.7 fit e36????

My Cars
    Out of Service

Does 5x4.75 / 5x120.7 fit e36????

sorry if this is a dumb question but I found a set of rims that are 5x4.75 and wondering if the small difference in size will still fit on an e36? Thanks for the help

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    There's been a few threads on this lately, you'll have to search but I think you'll find that they will fit but shake terribly.

My Cars
    whip got jacked
    they will fit, but i dont think wheels that come in that bolt pattern are hubcentric. i know of guys that have used that bolt pattern. it works you just have to tighten up the lugs carefully and make sure that they are centered and tighten slowly in the usual star pattern. you should really ask a wheel shop though.

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by JDJordan View Post
    they will fit, but i dont think wheels that come in that bolt pattern are hubcentric. i know of guys that have used that bolt pattern. it works you just have to tighten up the lugs carefully and make sure that they are centered and tighten slowly in the usual star pattern. you should really ask a wheel shop though.
    I can tell you already that a wheel shop is gonna say no. Only the correct bolt pattern can be the safest way to go. A shop isn't going to want the liability of forcing the wrong bolt-pattern wheel onto a car.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    My question is on a set of BBS rims I bought. The owner said they were 5x120.7, but when I showed up with my bmw he told me they were made for a BMW. So I am wondering if the BBS RX ever came in 5x120.7

My Cars
    '97 328iS & 408 Durango
    Old thread I know but it came up on a 5x120.7 vs 5x120 search. How did this work out for you?

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Quote Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage View Post
    Old thread I know but it came up on a 5x120.7 vs 5x120 search. How did this work out for you?
    They work, just the bolts are slightly off center, but you can bolt them down no problem.

The center bore makes the difference. The rims I got would shake because the bore was to large, but I got hubcentric rings and they worked just fine