BAVToys

Thread: Umnitza Projector 39+Predator Angel Eyes install question

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 SMG AW/Cinn

Question Umnitza Projector 39+Predator Angel Eyes install question

I just installed my a set of Umnitza Projector 39 headlights on my dad's e39 540i. He got the full option set, with the D2S xenons and Predator Angel Eyes. Everything went great until it came to the angel eye install. On the ordering page, it says that everything is pre-wired, plug and play, and that all hardware and installation is included. The installation instructions on their site mention a harness for wiring the angel eyes, but there were no harnesses in the box we got. The rings are installed, and everything seems to be wired in, with two cables (red and brown) coming out of each headlight. They have connectors crimped to them, but I have no idea where these plug in. I tried plugging them into each-other, but that doesn't do anything. Were we supposed to get wiring harnesses for the angel eyes? If not, then where do these two wires hook up? I did some searching on the forums about this, and I've seen this mentioned before with no final answer. I also read about people splicing these wires into the parking light plug. However, since they come pre-crimped with their own connectors, I'm assuming they are designed to plug in somewhere, so I'm just looking for a bit of insight. Tried calling Umnitza on Saturday, but got no answer, even though it was during their operational hours. I'll try again today. Any ideas? This seems like a fairly common issue, so I'm sure it would be useful for others to refer to in the future. I'll update as I find out more.

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 SMG AW/Cinn
    Here's an update for anyone else who needs clarification on this install in the future. The harness mentioned in the install instructions is optional and not necessary on e39s. The red wire is the positive lead, and the brown is the ground. To hook up the lights to the parking lights, simply splice the brown wire from the angel eyes to the brown wire going to the parking light/turn signal. The red wire should be spliced to the middle of the 3 wires in the parking light connector (I've heard the colors differ sometimes, but it's always the middle wire). It was also confirmed by Umnitza that the red wire can alternatively be spliced into any switched 12v wire (powered with ignition on, no power with ignition off) for an OEM look (angel eyes come on at all times, as daytime driving lights, without having to switch parking lights on).

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    congrats!!!! some one who can diy...

good job man, just need to post pix now

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 SMG AW/Cinn
    Unfortunately, I didn't take any during the install just because the ones provided in the instructions are really clear. However, I might take some of the angel eye wiring (especially a location for the switched 12v I end up using) for others' reference.

My Cars
    2018 GMC 2500
    Hate to drag up an old thread, but having a similar issue. Received my projectors tonight and trying to install. Do not have the three-way wiring harness, and everything hooks up except the AE's. There are 3 wires coming out for the AE's. 1-red, 1-brown, and 1-white. Assume brown is ground, and red is positive, and using leach clips, tied these to the brown and blue wires for my turn signals. White wire is not hooked up.

Result is my AE's come on, but my parking lights do not. And when I activate blinkers, my AE's blink. Anyone worked this install and can tell me where to hook up these 3 wires, because the turn signal doesn't seem to be the correct place for my car.