Thread: Air Cond controls

My Cars
    M Roadster

Air Cond controls

I'm a little puzzled by my air conditioning controls. If I turn the fan to 0, but press the a/c button or re-circulate air button, it turns on the fan to as if its on position 1. Is this normal for the z3, I havent had this in other brands of cars?

What I want to do is not have air blow into the car while driving, if I press the re-circulate button, air blows, which doesnt seem to happen in other cars. So it seems the only thing I can do is close off each of the air vents manually, just doesnt seem right ?

My Cars
    with cheeseeeeeeee
    I was wondering the same thing. In other cars the recirc button usually just means closing the outside vents, but BMW has the correct definition. It actually recirculates the air.

I'm guessing keeping the fan at 0 and closing the dash vents will prevent the air from rushing in.
    Last edited by ken_vs_ryu; 04-07-2003 at 09:16 AM.
    google-black.blogspot.com kenvsryu.tumblr.comsonyalphanex.blogspot.com

Spence:You ever kill anyone? Sam:No, but I did hurt somebody's feelings once.
    join the Bimmerforums Chat: http://youtube.com/stream?s=235077632

My Cars
    '07 335i, '07 Ducati S4RS Testastretta
    That has always been a question for me as well. The AC appears to work when you press the snowflake button. But, I don't have air flowing into the car when both the snowflake (AC) and recirculate buttons are OFF.

My Cars
    02 MCoupe - gone
    air will always flow unless you close the vents. i just put it to defrost position and you wont notice it.....that also allows the dials to be in the same straight up position which is also aesthetically/symettrically pleasing

My Cars
    '07 335i, '07 Ducati S4RS Testastretta
    Originally posted by MDork
    air will always flow unless you close the vents. i just put it to defrost position and you wont notice it.....that also allows the dials to be in the same straight up position which is also aesthetically/symettrically pleasing
    OMFG! Someone as anal about appearances as I am! I am not alone! :

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    12 yeas later I was pondering the same thing lol. Hit the snowflake, turns cold air on with fan at 0, also when the Recycle button its depressed. At least now I know my new to me '98 isn't acting all wonky, well it is wonky just intended by the Masters of Bavaria

Thx,
    riz
    Last edited by ScreensaverTV; 06-08-2015 at 03:27 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Nice searching!
    Yes, this is how it works.
    Yes, it's ridiculous.

My Cars
    03 M5 / 00 M Coupe
    lol I was just searching for this and behold, someone else has resurrected the thread with answers!

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    gotta love forums like this that allow you to post in a 12 year old thread lol!!! love it!

riz
    Last edited by ScreensaverTV; 06-08-2015 at 07:46 PM.