Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 325ic "baur" conversion?

My Cars
    Baur e30, Baur 1602, Bav
    I have the same body kit, but the front spoiler on my car is differnt. And the car for sale is missing the triangle parts that are in front of the rear wheels.

It is a very nice car.

My Cars
    1987 e30
    finally!!! after 4.1 pages!!! whew!

great thread.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    Quote Originally Posted by dave87325is View Post
    finally!!! after 4.1 pages!!! whew!

great thread.
    ?

My Cars
    1987 e30
    Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post
    ?
    lol. what i meant was, i finished reading the entire thread.. 4 pages, .1 including the beginning of the 5th page.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    oooo. ya, it is a sweet thread with tj and joroen here. baur

My Cars
    325iX Baur & more
    oooo. ya, it is a sweet thread with tj and joroen here. baur
    And guess what I am making right now...

A 325iX Register with all the details about these cars. So, if you look at my car (47095), you can see it's the 31th build 325iX Baur, and these details:

Baur Nummer: B47095-13
    VIN: 0948442
    Produktion: Oktober 1986
    Getriebe: Mechanisch
    Farbe: Alpinweiss (146)
    Polsterung: Anthrazit (211)
    Sonderausstattung Umschreibung
    296 TD-LM/200/60x365 TD
    311 Elektrischer Beifahrerspiegel
    350 Wärmeschutzglas grün, rundum
    800 Konventioneles Abgastechnik
    829 Cabrioumbau-vorbereitung

Working on it, hope to have it running this weekend.

Now I only have to ask the dealer to look up the options for 113 cars

Gr Jeroen

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    really? cant wait to see that!!!

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    hah, scanning my old post i found a thread that i started of the first baur i ever saw, and then jeroens ix. its the same one that was mentioned above
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=787083

My Cars
    CSL "Batmobile", e28&e34
    Great thread! Many thanks to Joeren for the wealth of information. I am picking up my Baur 323i tomorrow! I am really excited and can't believe all the interest in them on this thread. It was formerly a Polaris silver car, but has since been re-painted Calypso red. It was a very expensive job and even the engine compartment was done. It also has a complete Alpina interior, Alpina front and rear spoilers, and Alpina wheels. My plan is to finish the car as it has been sitting for at least 12 years. I want to do an Alpina C27 clone, complete with correct Deco set and badges. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. I usually do a couple of "themed" restos a year and specialize in euro cars only. If you have been to Bimmerfest in the last three years, you have seen my work, if not you can pick up Bimmer Magazine #56 which I think was February 2006 and see first hand my last Alpina clone.

Cheers,
    Ron

My Cars
    1986 bmw 325(dead) 1991 318is
    i know of a stroker baur in houston... its in process but runs last i heard

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    Quote Originally Posted by RonP View Post
    Great thread! Many thanks to Joeren for the wealth of information. I am picking up my Baur 323i tomorrow! I am really excited and can't believe all the interest in them on this thread. It was formerly a Polaris silver car, but has since been re-painted Calypso red. It was a very expensive job and even the engine compartment was done. It also has a complete Alpina interior, Alpina front and rear spoilers, and Alpina wheels. My plan is to finish the car as it has been sitting for at least 12 years. I want to do an Alpina C27 clone, complete with correct Deco set and badges. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. I usually do a couple of "themed" restos a year and specialize in euro cars only. If you have been to Bimmerfest in the last three years, you have seen my work, if not you can pick up Bimmer Magazine #56 which I think was February 2006 and see first hand my last Alpina clone.

Cheers,
    Ron

alpina baur e30!!! . definitely post some pics. sounds like quit a project car!! calypso red? was that a bmw color? and its been sitting for 12 years!! wow, good save. sound like it will be an amaxing car when finished...front page of Bimmer Mag perhaps

My Cars
    an imaginary E30
    alpina baur e30!!! . definitely post some pics. sounds like quit a project car!! calypso red? was that a bmw color? and its been sitting for 12 years!! wow, good save. sound like it will be an amaxing car when finished...front page of Bimmer Mag perhaps
    "definitely post some pics" We haven't seen your pics of your Euro grills. ????

Calypso Red was a BMW color. Paint code 252.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablice View Post
    "definitely post some pics" We haven't seen your pics of your Euro grills. ????

Calypso Red was a BMW color. Paint code 252.
    me? there just sitting there in the box , im detailing my engine today, then im rewiring in new speakers and putting in the stock radio and ripping the crappy aftermarket one that came from p/o. maybe ill get em in before i go to the bav auto show n shine .

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT

and thats a a really nice color btw!!

My Cars
    '86 M635/'10 Clubman
    me? there just sitting there in the box , im detailing my engine today, then im rewiring in new speakers and putting in the stock radio and ripping the crappy aftermarket one that came from p/o. maybe ill get em in before i go to the bav auto show n shine .
    Dude - they take 10 minutes to install. Get 'em in!!!

My Cars
    CSL "Batmobile", e28&e34
    Update: I picked up the car yesterday and started buffing out the paint! It is really an expensive paint job and it is coming out beautiful. Am I allowed to post pics yet? I tried to respond to your post that included the emoticons and it told me I wasn't yet allowed to do so. Let me know and I will share the "before" pics.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    you need 25 post befor you can post pics/emoticons. respond to aloy of msg!! i wanna see that baur!!

My Cars
    CSL "Batmobile", e28&e34
    Geez, I wonder why? When I saw that Joeren did it on his first post (I think), I was pretty excited. Obviously I am a newby to this forum, but a frequent poster on the mye28.com forum. My emphisis has been on e28s for the last four years. I have wanted another Baur since I sold my first one back in 1984. I had a brand new e30 Baur and now the color slips my mind-It was metallic black and not Diamontschwartz-it was considerably darker. The gentleman I bought it from spoke fluent German and had ties with the Baur Factory. He ordered the car with leather (comfort seats) with a/c, power windows, and a monster stereo. My wife at the time got pregnant and had our first daughter and she had to be delivered by ciserian section-so the Baur had to go! Now that she is now married, I can finally have another one.

My Cars
    Baur e30, Baur 1602, Bav
    go out to picturetrail.com sign up its free. after you get an account they will ask all these questions about FREE crap. just close the window and open a new browser and sing in. you then can add photos..

Here is my page.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery....9&gid=17803167

My Cars
    1984 e30 baur, 98 s70 t5, 89 325ic, 06 explorer

84 baur

hello everybody, new to the forum but have been reading and looking for a while now. Always looking for more info on my car. i have a 1984 323i baur with 65,000 miles and in pretty good shape. have had it about 5 years now. This latest post has been great. Tried to join the baur club a while back but the language and coversions made it difficult. It would be great if BAUR could give me some info on this car.
    B42451-14
    vin wbaaa71030916133
    Thanks much tom d.

My Cars
    325iX Baur & more
    @Ron; you can send me some pictures at JMJanssen1985@hotmail.com. If possible please with Baur or VIN number. I will place them here.

@Tom: 42541 was a blue 323i, with a blue roof. The interior was in a light leather called Perlbeige. It has coloured windows. Could you also send me some pictures at the adress mentioned above? BTW, in the mentioned VIN, you missed out at the last number, a 2.

Gr Jeroen

My Cars
    1985 320i Baur TC, 2003 Astro AWD
    I think I'm going to go out and get some better pics of my Baur this afternoon, I'd love to have some more information about it! This post is the best yet!

I just got my title today and the NY DMV screwed up and listed a lien on it still, even though I gave them a pretty clear lien release when I registered it. Urgh!

My Baur is still having some stuff done to it, my brother mechanic is working on it so I can't be too pushy with getting it back but I sure hope I can have it soon since I plan on putting it away for the winter... And seeing how I live in Buffalo, that's not too long from now!

BTW, Baur, here's the VIN plate. I'll get the correct Baur digits this afternoon, but if this helps at all, I've love some further info. on the history of my car as well!

My Cars
    325iX Baur & more
    Your VIN gives met 43661-13. But I already told that, didn't I?

For every-one who is interested; if everything goes alright, I will this week get pictures of a very early Baur, 40115-14. But maybe more interesting: they made a Alpina C1 2.3 out of this car, by parting out a closed one.

Officialy, there were never any Alpina Baur TC's. Only Garage Du Bac in France and some handy people made them their selfes. Especially the Garage Du Bac cars are good known:
    E21

And the E30's

Also found an other picture of the M3:

And I bet no-one here has ever seen this car:

It's a Pickup based on a Baur TC. The rooftop can still be used. It hat a Hartge-engine and still excists! It now has about 66.000km (50.000miles?). Some-one within the BMW 3-er Club plans to rebuild his 320i Baur TC into a AT-design Pickup.

Gr Jeroen

My Cars
    Wow, a Baur pick-up??

Yeah, those are my Baur digits, I just checked today... so any chance of knowing where my car started life?

Thanks!

My Cars
    Sorry, I totally missed where you said:

43661-13 Black (Diamantschwarz)320i, VIN ends at 13
    Thanks!

Any chance of finding out where it was sold?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast