My Cars
    X5

X5 Rear Entertainment System Problem

Hi all,

I just purchased a new 2007 X5 with the rear entertainment system. I never checked during my test drive because I always assumed the following:

1. Drivers would be able to start a DVD from the front seat (i.e., if you have children that are too young to do it themselves). This includes powering on the rear entertainment system and navigating through DVD menus to start the DVD (while parked). I can do this in an Infiniti for exmaple.

2. The rear entertainment should power up and resume the DVD from the exact location it was in when the car was turned off

3. The remote for the rear entertainment system should allow a user to turn on the system without having to push the power buttons.

Anyone have any feedback or solutions that I could use to achieve the above?

Thanks,

My Cars
    Mercedes E320 CDI / Volvo XC90 T6 / X5 4.8i order
    I have had my car in the shop 3 days now while they figure out why my DVD player isn't working.. that is my problem. I'd love to have your problems!
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI (Renntech) - NAV, Park Assist, bi-Xenon, HK Sound, 17" wheels, Rear Shades, Folding Mirrors

2007 BMW X5 4.8i - White/tobacco, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, & Technology packages, HUD, 3rd Row, iPod, Rear Entertainment

2005 Volvo XC90 AWD T6 - 3rd Row, Park Assist, bi-Xenon ( FOR SALE )

My Cars
    95iL (MojaveBraun)

Red face

Not to take anything away from this forum, but you guys need to address these questions at http://www.x5world.com/
    You should get better feedback within that community. Sorry BF, just trying to help em out that's all.

My Cars
    Mercedes E320 CDI / Volvo XC90 T6 / X5 4.8i order
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
    Not to take anything away from this forum, but you guys need to address these questions at http://www.x5world.com/
    You should get better feedback within that community. Sorry BF, just trying to help em out that's all.
    I could hear the crickets over there about my issue. I would have thought with 21 other vehicles (my dealers told me this) with this problem nation wide, somebody would be on-line asking about it other than me! I'm frustrated by the lack of answers by my dealer, and BMW, and now the online community too! Here's to hoping for a solution soon as they two little ones are driving us crazy without the DVD nanny!
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI (Renntech) - NAV, Park Assist, bi-Xenon, HK Sound, 17" wheels, Rear Shades, Folding Mirrors

2007 BMW X5 4.8i - White/tobacco, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, & Technology packages, HUD, 3rd Row, iPod, Rear Entertainment

2005 Volvo XC90 AWD T6 - 3rd Row, Park Assist, bi-Xenon ( FOR SALE )

My Cars
    2002 X5 3.0i
    Did you guys ever get this figured out / resolved?