Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW at jiffy lube

My Cars
    325izzle
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. Dre View Post
    That's nothing. I saw a guy with a brand New M5 going through the gas stationg car wash. I would never consider taking my 11 year old m3 through a gas station car wash.
    Thats like the E36 gas-chamber.. Wet ECU ftl..

Handwash is where its at.

My Cars
    BMW 540, 530 :)
    I went one time. I was in a daze and figured why not.

Within 5 minutes they were calling me in and showing me how the entire oil filter housing was dangling by it's hoses. They said i brought it in like that. After alot of arguing i left and will never come back. I'll make sure my whole family and friends never frequent there. It's just not worth the hassle.

They guy put a wrench on the housing. The wrench had a long breaker extension on it. He leaned on it and the whole thing just broke apart like it was made of paper. The little rubber mounting posts just broke. But that would not have been the big deal if they were not such SOB's about telling me it was like that, when i was just under the hood 5 min before coming in, to look things over.

This is why i don't go.

My Cars
    E36
    Just do it yourself, f*ck JL

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    I probably wouldn't take the Bimmer to Jiffy Lube. However, I take my other cars there... I stand over them and watch them perform the work. They tend to be "careful" when someone is watching...But there's no guarantee.
    Houdini

My Cars
    '04 R32, '88 YJ
    i went there once because i didnt want to have to get rid of 7 quarts of oil myself but i made the guy allow me to stay on the floor to supervise. they did a pretty good job.

My Cars
    '04 R32, '88 YJ
    ^ i also didnt allow them to vacuum wash the windows fill the washer fluid change any filters just oil

My Cars
    2001 750 IL
    I think the OP also wanted to know about the stigma associated with taking a BMW to a cheaper/generalized shop. And also the reaction of idiots like some of us on this board.
    shak. g

My Cars
    1997 328i convertible
    I am sure that there are some Jiffy Lube technicians who know what they are doing. I think the majority will overtighten everything. If you have the plastic filter housing, it can easily be damaged.

I would not take my BMW or any other car or my lawn mower (yes it is 4 stroke) to Jiffy Lube.

My Cars
    06' E46 M3, '98 M3 Sedan
    Not safe in LA at least.....

CLick on the link and watch all the videos..............amazing stuff.

It's a hidden camera report on jiffy lube here in LA by the local news. He actually did them 6 month after to test if they got better and they failed again!

http://www.knbc.com/news/9265933/detail.html

They actually just leave the filter on the car and walk around and act like there doing something then put the filter back on the shelf.........your lucky if they actually change your oil!!!!

As always you can find BMW Grills, BMW Lighting, and BMW Accessories and Chrome Bulbs at Stealth Auto.

My Cars
    '03 M3, '74 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    I saw a guy witha 740il getting his oil done at jiffy lube. Is this safe?
    Nope! Funny how someone with enough money to buy a 7-series goes to Jiffy Lube for the oil change.

cheers,
    bill

My Cars
    bicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyTheKid View Post
    Nope! Funny how someone with enough money to buy a 7-series goes to Jiffy Lube for the oil change.

cheers,
    bill
    i been seeing a lot of 740 ils on the road lately, they aren't the new ones they look 1 or 2 generations back and have a unclean look to them if you know what I mean. Might not be original owner who knows.

My Cars
    2008 328xi, Many Jeeps
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFCIRCUS View Post
    Jiffy Lube and BMW should not be in the same sentence.

Its called DIY
    Well said!

My Cars
    '93 850 (DD), '88 zinno iX, '68 Mercedes 230
    don't get oil out of a barrel (that's what Jiffy lube does). How useless are you if you can't change your own oil?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My Cars
    '99 BMW 328i, '81 911SC, '86 Buick Grand National
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyE30 View Post
    don't get oil out of a barrel (that's what Jiffy lube does). How useless are you if you can't change your own oil?
    You paint with a very wide brush. There are many folks who are too busy, don't have their own garage, or just aren't mechanically inclined. Not everyone here is a 16-30 year male living with mom/dad and has a place to work on their car.
    Last edited by TerryH; 07-22-2007 at 03:12 PM.
    Terry
    99 328i

My Cars
    08/91 BMW 325i
    My shop has done 3 motorswaps for the jiffylube down the street in the past 2 years

04 camery with less than 20k miles got a brand new engine..

08/91 BMW 325I - fabbed intake - chip - Koni shocks and struts w/ Eibach prokit made for a 95 M3

My Cars
    95 Cosmos M3...
    No!Dont take it to jiffy lube.I had my 84 there once I was driving on the way home and bam All of the sudden I see what I think is white smoke coming out of the hood so I pull off the road real quick and check it out.Guess what my oil plug is gone!So I dont know if they left it loose or what.

My Cars
    BMW 540, 530 :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    You paint with a very wide brush. There are many folks who are too busy, don't have their own garage, or just aren't mechanically inclined. Not everyone here is a 16-30 year male living with mom/dad and has a place to work on their car.

I'll have you know that i don't live with mom and dad anymore! And i go over when i need to work on my car, but still..... You're wrong.

My Cars
    1997 328i convertible
    There are people who do not want to change there own oil. The Toyota or Kia dealer can also change the oil on a BMW and are much more reliable than JL.

My Cars
    01 325i 87 325 90 325i 99 323ic 95 M3 02 530i
    The owner of my local Jiffy Lube drives a 740; it's parked in front all the time. Used to bring the American cars in there but nowadays I prefer to change oil myself.

My Cars
    '93 850 (DD), '88 zinno iX, '68 Mercedes 230
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    I changed my oil after dinner in my pea gravel driveway... 15 minutes is not a long time. with the time that person spent Online, they could have done their oil. I get the rest of my work done by a mechanic, so no, I don't have time or mechanical inclination.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My Cars
    04 F350 6.0, 07 E92 328x
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnz View Post
    Thats like the E36 gas-chamber.. Wet ECU ftl..

Handwash is where its at.
    It will only get wet if your drain plugs are filled up with crap. You can still get water in your ECU if u wash it by hand and the plugs are clogged.

Also Jiffy lube just plain sucks. I dont take my cars to any of those places. rather do it myself and know that it is done correctly.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 999R
    I guess it depends on the people working there. But once I paid $80 for an oil change at one of those places. Never again.
    '95 M3 Dakar
    New bloody tyres, new bloody valve cover gasket, new bloody oil pan gasket, new bloody o2 sensor, new bloody engine mounts, new bloody..

My Cars
    2005 M3 2000 Honda prelude 1991 nissan 300zx
    [quote=bmwtekone;10080117]thats the problem, you are dealing with mechanics at jiffy lube, not technicians!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnchvgs79 View Post
    Of course it's safe. It's just a car and just oil.

-See user title-
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFather View Post
    Just to clear something up. The workers at Jiffy Lube are Technicians, not Mechanics.

Before they get out and work on the vehicles, they are trained to be a technician.
    Not hard to change oil.

seemlessstate is offline <==< Florida State bird 2008 Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    80 turbo deisel MKI
    ture story.

friend drives away from jiffy lube in explorer. 1/4 mile down road his engine blows.

mechanic put no new oil in!
    got a new motor out of it though

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfan824 View Post
    You need to get behind the wheel of an e36 m3 with an odometer reading higher than that of the purchase price of the average american home to know what real speed is.

My Cars
    I have a BMW Nazca M12 and I take it to the Jiffy Lube because dude, they have oil there too dude. I thought about taking it somewhere where they don't hire elementary school drop outs and inbreds who don't know the difference between 5W40 and molasses, but I was assured on this site that since they change oil all the time they ought to know what theyre doing on my $600k car despite not knowing the most basic fundamentals of automobiles. I took it there for they're synthetic oil change and they wound up stripping the oil pan bolt because they were turning it clockwise to get it off. I had it towed to a shop down the street and they hammered in a wood plug for me and filled it up with the 10w30 that they said was on sale. After spending all that money on such a nice car you'd think I could afford my own mechanic but dude, oil is oil dude no matter where you get it. If I can get it for less I will. Why pay a highly skilled and factory trained technician at the dealership to change my oil when I can pay someone who has fathered a dozen children with 12 different mother's and collects an equivalent of a weeks pay in food stamps? You got me. I may as well take that money and burn it since I'm taking a highly engineered precision automobile and turning it into trash anyway. Thanks for your help dudes. Jiffy lube it is!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast