Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbox Debaffle + Resonator Delete = Joy

My Cars
    '14 4Runner

Airbox Debaffle + Resonator Delete = Joy

I like it; let me know what you think!

Link.

Also, this is my first attempt at video editing.

My Cars
    mmm...
    the red, the windy roads.. what more can i say except that it puts the new m3 to shame.. haha

very nice

///bMpower

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Thank you, sir. Too bad she's auto.. As soon as that box dies, it's manual swap time.

My Cars
    '93 325i & '99 CB600
    resonator?

is that what you guys call a muffler?

how hard was it to get rid of

My Cars
    94 BMW 318
    Wow sounds pretty good. Actually, its pretty loud just for doing that. I wanted to debaffle my air box too but couldn't find anything inside. Yeh, whats the resonator?

My Cars
    E30 325i Coupe
    cool, i got an auto too.. it keeps sticking in failsafe mode tho. need to fix it or swap to manual if thats not too much of a pain in the ass.

- My E30: Project 325i

- WMMotorsports.co.uk

My Cars
    e46 M3 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by JD2710 View Post
    resonator?

resonator=cat converter, i beleive

My Cars
    97 328i
    Was that high pitch whistling sound your car or a combination of wind and the camera? Sounded real nice, how would it sound if you just did the airbox debaffle?

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by JD2710
    resonator?

No, the muffler is the stock 328 unit. I'm rolling around the idea of getting an M3 exhaust..

Quote Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
    Wow sounds pretty good. Actually, its pretty loud just for doing that. I wanted to debaffle my air box too but couldn't find anything inside. Yeh, whats the resonator?
    Thanks man. It was pretty loud already when I had only the airbox debaffle done, it's much louder now with the resonators cut out. Which brings me to my next point: Resonators are not cats, they are silencers. Post-cat, I think. I don't know how it is for OBD-I, but I had two of them. Cost me $40 to have an exhaust shop cut them out and weld in pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by darthe36
    Was that high pitch whistling sound your car or a combination of wind and the camera? Sounded real nice, how would it sound if you just did the airbox debaffle?
    That high pitched sound is a whistling from my DEPO install that I haven't tracked down and gotten rid of yet. Drives me crazy on the highway...for now I just turn up the music. The airbox debaffle alone does different things for different cars, I think. Speedster ('95 M3) did his after I did mine, and it didn't change his sound a whole lot. But he told me that when I was following him on the highway and I'd downshift, it got really loud. So, I guess it can be anywhere from not very loud to pretty darn.

My Cars
    88 528e, 93 Ranger
    sounds great!
    live fast ride slow

My Cars
    e36, e34, e28 (rip)
    sounds good for simple mods.... you'll be a ton happier with the 5 speed though.

BMW Parts Whore... BUY THEM PLEASE!!!

My Cars
    97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryan36 View Post
    That high pitched sound is a whistling from my DEPO install that I haven't tracked down and gotten rid of yet. Drives me crazy on the highway...for now I just turn up the music. The airbox debaffle alone does different things for different cars, I think. Speedster ('95 M3) did his after I did mine, and it didn't change his sound a whole lot. But he told me that when I was following him on the highway and I'd downshift, it got really loud. So, I guess it can be anywhere from not very loud to pretty darn.
    a) DEPO install of what?
    b) the air debaffle doesn't work for 95s i read somewhere on the forums after seeing your thread first. The only ones to complain had pre 96 cars.

As soon as I stop being lazy and get away from the computer I'ma go do it.

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet e36 pimp View Post
    sounds good for simple mods.... you'll be a ton happier with the 5 speed though.
    Oh you don't say? I don't know what I was thinking when I bought an auto. I plead insanity and throw myself on the mercy of the BFc court.

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by darthE36 View Post
    a) DEPO install of what?
    b) the air debaffle doesn't work for 95s i read somewhere on the forums after seeing your thread first. The only ones to complain had pre 96 cars.

As soon as I stop being lazy and get away from the computer I'ma go do it.
    A) DEPO headlights. About a thousand times better than stock and they clean up/update the front end really well. Putting on the M front end would help my car a lot too.

B) Didn't know that about 95's. Let's hear your thoughts after you do yours.

My Cars
    1995 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
    resonator=cat converter, i beleive
    No, two different things. Both keep exhaust noise down and cut-down on hurting the o-zone though.

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    The resonator does not help the o-zone..

My Cars
    97 328i
    A) DEPO headlights. About a thousand times better than stock and they clean up/update the front end really well. Putting on the M front end would help my car a lot too.

B) Didn't know that about 95's. Let's hear your thoughts after you do yours.
    Thats what I dont understand, is there a small space where air happens to make your headlights whistle? And noticeable enough for you to have to put your music up. Just wondering because it does sound pretty good in the video clip lol.

Well I'm off to debaffle, de-cdv, and hopefully clean my icv.

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Yea, I'm not really sure.. I guess there is a small enough space to make that whistle. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "sounded pretty good"; it's annoying! Although, I guess it warns deer that I am coming...

My Cars
    97 328i
    Yea, I'm not really sure.. I guess there is a small enough space to make that whistle. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "sounded pretty good"; it's annoying! Although, I guess it warns deer that I am coming...
    lol, not if their standing there trying to figure out where that damn whistling is coming from lol. By sounded pretty good I meant that on the video clip it sounded good with the growl of the exhaust. But I can imagine in person how loud it must be, i c your point. Its just weird thinking that your headlights are whistling lol.

My Cars
    94 325 always in pieces
    sounds pretty nice. I should make a clip of my vw golf beater that I debaffled, sounds pretty cool for a free mod!

I debaffled my 325's one a while ago I am also auto, but it barely made a difference for me, but my cosmos intake made a big difference in sound.

My Cars
    '97 Hellrot 328is W/ M3 Goodies
    Write up?
    Mods: Umnitza Euro Tails, M3 Front Bumper, M3 Diffuser, M3 mirrors, M3 spoiler, M3 Door Mouldings, Ebay Angel Eyes, KYB Struts, Performance Rotors, 18' Z8 rep. staggered 1" in the back. UUC E34M5 Cltuch W/ 16.9lb. Flywheel.
    BUY MY E36!!!: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=830726

My Cars
    '14 4Runner
    Write up:

1)Drive to exhaust shop.
    2)Say, "I heard from a friend that ya'll will cut out the resonators on my car and weld in pipe for $40."
    3)Wait 45-60 minutes.
    4)Drive home happy.

My Cars
    328is, 330cic, 335i
    how much do those houses cost?

My Cars
    E36 328i
    sounds nice for still being stock. I'll have to look into doing this on mine

My Cars
    2009 128i 2009 X6
    Write up:

1)Drive to exhaust shop.
    2)Say, "I heard from a friend that ya'll will cut out the resonators on my car and weld in pipe for $40."
    3)Wait 45-60 minutes.
    4)Drive home happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast