Thread: Just changed plugs to Bosch FR-7-LDC+ and now have occasional misfire at idle?

My Cars
    01' M3, X5 4.4, 530i

Just changed plugs to Bosch FR-7-LDC+ and now have occasional misfire at idle?

Should I swamp back to my old plugs? I don't recall which Bosch plugs they were, but they were a FR7 somthing and had a green stripe. Is there anything reason a change would cause this? Also I used anti-sieze, is this a problem for conductivity?

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport/5
    Go with the OE F7 LDCR and you should not have this problem. My car seems to to like the OE Bosch and this was apparent when I removed the 8K mile NGK's. They read good, but they just don't seem to fire as good as the OE Bosch. Also, I would not recommend using anti-sieze on the plug threads - just use a little bit of regular motor oil.

Also, did you torque the plugs to spec?

My Cars
    01' M3, X5 4.4, 530i
    Thanks for the info, I'll swap my old ones back in. I torqued them to 21 FT/LBS and unfortunately used anti-seize. Is there a good way to remove the anti-seize?

My Cars
    95 Avus Blue M3///96 Boston Green 328i
    They make conductive anti-sieze for applications like spark plugs and the resistor boots (stops them from sticking on plugs).
    ----Dave----