Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: PLEASE READ BEFORE POST: The ultimate wheel/tire fitment thread.

My Cars
    1992 bmw 525i
    Hi sorry for the noob question as i am new to the forum and new to bmw. my question is im getting a 92 e34 525i and was looking at getting the TSW mirabeau wheels the only concern is that i wanna run a 18x8.5 front which is fine as they have the et15 the problem is the 18x9.5 only comes in a e35 so i would have to run spacers now they have the same rim in 18x10.5 with a et27 and was wanting to know could i run that width in the back with that et27 if so will i need spacers or a fender roll and would 265/35 tires be the right choice. ty again for your time

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    I would stay with the 18X9.5 and a 10mm spacer. The 18X10.5 is going to need fender modification to fit. Even the 9.5 will probably take some work to fit.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    1992 bmw 525i
    Ok and thanks for the reply. I decided to not run that wheel and im going to just run the TSW valencia wheel in 18x8 et20 front and 18x9.5 et20 rear with appropriate size tires, now if i want to run flush without crazy fender work should i throw a spacer in the mix and if so what size and thanks for the help

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    If I can help with the tires let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

My Cars
    1992 bmw 525i
    Ok Jim i shall let you know if i need anything.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    Hi! I'm new to BMW world and hope that you can help. I have a 96 328is that I would like to mount some CSL style wheels with measurements; 18 x 8 ET38 front, 18 x 9 ET40 rear. Would these fit and what would be the best tire combination? Would I need to do any fender modifications or need spacers? Thanks for your help!

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Those wheels will work but I would think you are going to need to run some negative camber and maybe roll the fender lip on the rear. I would run 225/40R18 and 245/35R18 for the tires. If I can help let me know.

My Cars
    e46 coupe
    hey i recently picked up some 17x8/9 staggered style 5s for my 2001 e46 coupe and i was wondering if anyone knew if i needed any spacers and what size tires i would need?? i will be running coilovers...

thanks in advance

My Cars
    97 M3
    You dont need spacers, unless you want them. If you are low you will need skinny tires. 215/40. If your not low you can go 215/45 or 225/40.

I'd go to a tire shop willing to let you try a few different sizes

My Cars
    e46 coupe
    perfect, i appreciate that, im going pretty low. Im thinking about stretching a 205 on them?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    You do not mention the offset of the wheels. Without that you can not tell what tire size you will need or if they will even fit.

My Cars
    2011 328

Largest tires that fit on 2011 328XI Sedan ?

I'm tired of living in fear of and having to dodge every stinking pothole in NY during the winter months just to save my rims.

I'm running the stock 205/55-16 tires and rims , but want to install thicker tires that put more tire between the road and rim .

Could I fit 205/70 or 205/80 tires on the rims and under the wheels wells without rubbing ?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    There are no tires in those sizes. I guess you could try a 205/60R16. It will change the speedometer, odometer and gear ratio. I can not tell you whether they are going to rub or not.

My Cars
    2008 328I Sport

2008 328I Sport Package

Hello, currently deployed and just had the wifey buy a 2008 328I with the sport package. We are stationed in Germany and it's very convenient to have two sets of rims. The stock OEM will run the winter tires and I'm interested in the gloss black Breyton gts for some all season tires. I'm interested in you're recommendations. I was thinking about getting either the 19" or 18". Right now I'm of the mindset that the 18" will look really nice and still provide a nice ride when we're traveling. I'm not sure what type of width or offset is best for this car. Just hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Henry

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Hello Henry,

I do have the 18" and 19" available. I would say the 19" will look more aggressive but the 18" will have better ride quality. If you go with non run flat tires the 19" tires will have as good of ride quality as the 18" run flats. The 19" tires and wheels will be more succeptible to damage from pot holes. There really is not a right or wrong way to go. You just have to decide what is best for you. The only other thing is the 18" is going to cost less for both the wheels and tires. I have more all season options in the 18"
    If I can help let me know.

My Cars
    '95 BMW M3,'11 Jetta TDI

Need better traction

So the tuning on my car was just completed and I have zero traction. I am getting ready to order ccw lm20's and I want to know what is the best size to go with. I want to get as much tire as possible on the road in the back. What size wheels should i go with and what size tires? Also what is a really good sticky tire that will help keep my 500ftlbs of torque from busting loose if I tap the throttle.

The car is a 2dr 95 m3
    Last edited by mfrisc1; 02-07-2013 at 12:59 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    I am not sure what the width and offset is on the wheels but I would shoot for 245/40R17 all the way around. Take a look at the Extreme Performance tires on our web site. The Bridgestone RE-11, Dunlop Direzza ZII, or the new BF Goodrich Rival. They are going to be as close to a race tire as you are going to get for the street.
    If I can help let me know.

My Cars
    '95 BMW M3,'11 Jetta TDI
    I can get the wheels in any size any offset.. I was thinking a bigger wheel/tire in the rear would be better.. Is a 245 the max I can get back there?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The better set up for handling is the same size all the way around. I have seen people use 255/40R17 on the rear with a fender lip roll and more negative camber.

My Cars
    95 M3, 86 951
    Jim,

Will 16x7.5 Borbet Type A rims clear an E36 M3's calipers?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Unfortunately that wheel is too old to know. We do not have the specs on the wheel anymore. You would need to be around a 40mm offset to have a chance at fitting.

My Cars
    1999 540i
    Jim,
    1999 BMW 540i, 6 speed. I just brought the car. it came with two sets of wheels. The set on the car are winter tires. Why did BMW go with different size tires for the front and back? The other set are performance tires (i assume). But there is no tread left and I need new tires. What tire brand would you recommend. I'm looking for low noise and comfort, then handling then tread wear. I put less than 5K miles on a car per year. The car is stock, but I have not inspected the summer rims to see what size they are. I just chucked them in the garage.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 645ci SMG

Adding wheel spacers..

I'm looking to add rear 15mm hubcentric H&R rear spacers to my 645ci for cosmetic reasons. It is running M6 (167) alloys currently. I have read a lot of threads about these spacers and they are generally the most common ones used. People say they put more stress on the Hub.. So if your driving style is say spirited, my question is, are they strong enough to hold??

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Hi chickenfish,

First off I would need to know what size the summer tires are. Then I can make a recommendation. With the limited number of miles you drive I would stay with a summer tire. Let me know if you are looking for the best or the best tire for the buck.

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Hi Kuzz,

The H and R spacers will be fine. If you have room in the wheel well widening the track of the car for better handling is a good thing.

Page 146 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4696121136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast