Thread: Possible interior color changes- your opinion?

My Cars
    1995 525i

Possible interior color changes- your opinion?

Hello,

I have a 1995 540i, dove grey interior, white exterior. I am considering making changes to some interior parts and would like to get opinions. Here is what I am thinking:

Wood trim to high gloss black
    Carpet to black
    Tops of doors and dash to black
    Headliner, all pillars and rear deck to black (alcantera)

Your thought? TIA, Mike

IMG_2064.jpgIMG_2062.jpgIMG_2058.jpg

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    That actually sounds really good. I generally hate mix-match interiors (especially black and tan). But that should work nicely.

Unfortunately the carpet in a black-interior car is not black. Looks exactly like what you have to me. Might be a little darker though?

I'd consider leaving your dash and door tops the way they are. At least until your headliner and trim is done. It might look good without going black. If you do, you could use SEM fabric and vinyl dye in landau black. Looks at least as good as actually buying the black parts in my opinion, and only costs $12.

Consider the factory trim in 'vogelaugenahorn' (bird's eye maple) in the color 'graphit'. It's very nearly solid black but not totally opaque with some nice wood grain. Someone had a set on here recently. I'm not sure if they made it for a dual airbag car though. The front pieces are not the same.

My Cars
    1989 535i
    That sounds like it would work nicely! White to black is a really easy conversion. Just make sure you don't skimp out on dye quality.

Personally though.... I'm all about being unique. I'd want a e34 m3 cinnamon and black.
    1991 E34 535i Artic Gray

My Cars
    1995 525i
    Thanks for the info! I actually re-dyed all of the light grey parts. I am building an ultra high end stereo in the car, and I am rebuilding and re-wrapping the dash top. I currently have the entire interior out, so I figured now would be a good time to make changes.

I did try to find dark (almost black) birds eye maple vinyl wrap and apparently, they do not make it. I would prefer that over black, if I could find it.

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    The factory stuff does exist for dual airbag cars, and here's some now! Great price too. The far left dash piece is supposed to be different on euro and US cars. I don't know the details of that, just that when people swap to the driver's glovebox, their US trim doesn't fit. Good excuse to find yourself a driver's glovebox I guess.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-5er-e34-I...QAAOSw241YcPeZ

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Ross has a set. He doesn't say what year car it's from though.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-wood-trim-set

My Cars
    1995 525i
    Thanks again!