Thread: LOCKED OUT! Car Fob & manual entry won't work

My Cars
    325i

LOCKED OUT! Car Fob & manual entry won't work

I have an '02 325i. This morning, my car decided not to open. The battery is working. The key fob does not open the doors. When manual entry is attempted, it does not hit the 45 degree arc/wall that it is supposed to, it turns straight to 90 degrees, from left to right (locking & unlocking position), but with no tension in either direction.

I called a locksmith and they were not able to open the door.

There is no entry through the trunk.

(I do have access to my trunk).

I have tried everything I can think of.

My window on my drivers side is dismounted or off tracks and does not roll up. It is slightly rolled down but forever stuck in that position, so I was able to reach in and try to open it with the handle... nothing. I also reached and pushed the locks on the center console with a long metal rod... and nothing.

I even attempted to pull my drivers side window out completely since it is already loose and off it's track, but I can't pull that out either and I think it's due to the angle of the door and the size of the window.

Unless someone else can tell me how to manually pull out my drivers side window????

Is it possible???

Does any BMW genius have any idea as to what I can do to unlock my stupid car?

Thanks.

P.s. I read an article that I can trick my car into thinking it crashed by jacking it up from the rear and then dropping it. It said BMW's were designed to unlock all doors in the event of an accident. If I do this, will my air bags go off? I'm about to break my damn window otherwise.

My Cars
    BMW 118d e87
    Do you have the correct battery on your car?

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    First check your owner's manual(in the car, right?) for the emergency unlocking procedure. Also your question will be better answered here;
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/fo...1999-2006-(E46)
    I'm assuming the central doesn't work from the trunk either and battery is charged so you just may wind up breaking that window which still won't allow you to open the door.
    I hope that once inside if you, or your mechanic, can access the general module an unlock signal can be sent through the appropriate wires. The description of the door lock's operation doesn't sound promising so good luck.
    Unless the car is running I don't believe you'll be able to activate the crash module's sequence which would likely also deploy an airbag.
    Last edited by ross1; 01-20-2017 at 07:54 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Disconnect battery, then check voltage at terminals. If under 12v-charge battery.
    Connect battery, check connections -clean snug-now check voltage.

Battery voltage is critical for BMW electronics. Low unstable voltages cause all types of electrical gremlins to appear.
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 01-20-2017 at 11:57 AM.

My Cars
    325i
    I'm glad some of you are mentioning battery because I had a hunch it might be that. You see, something is wrong with my connection to my battery. I believe the black wire is where it is coming from and I also read it's a common problem in bimmers. I always have to disconnmy battery when I park my car and reconnect it when I need to drive. If I leave it connected, the battery will die.

Often times, I have to "jimmy" the black wire. I only know my battery works when my trunk light comes on.

Sometimes, if the black wite is not properly on, if I go to start my car, it dies.

I go back to my trunk, disconnect the battery and reconnect until I see my light come on.

I was thinking that this has just become so much of an issue that now it is messing with my locks.

I was going to try and "jump" it with a friends car, (even though my battery light is on), just to see if maybe it's a power thing?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad some of you are mentioning battery because I had a hunch it might be that. You see, something is wrong with my connection to my battery. I believe the black wire is where it is coming from and I also read it's a common problem in bimmers. I always have to disconnect my battery when I park my car and reconnect it when I need to drive. If I leave it connected, the battery will die.

Often times, I have to "jimmy" the black wire. I only know my battery works when my trunk light comes on.

Sometimes, if the black wire is not properly on, if I go to start my car, it dies.

I go back to my trunk, disconnect the battery and reconnect until I see my light come on.

I was thinking that this has just become so much of an issue that now it is messing with my locks.

I was going to try and "jump" it with a friends car, (even though my battery light is on), just to see if maybe it's a power thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, should I repost this in there?

- - - Updated - - -

What is central??? I'm not exactly a car person.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe so