Thread: m52b28 crankcase and valve cover ventilation on turbocharged engine.

My Cars
    e30, e36

m52b28 crankcase and valve cover ventilation on turbocharged engine.

Hi. What You suggest me to do with both these ventilations? Where could I put them?

As I looked on used oil stick tube, there is a y - pipe and one pipe is for ventilation, is it a check valve (opens only when pressure comes from one side).
    Valve cover ventilation - just in air, through oil catch can? OR both ventilation needs to be BEFORE turbine so all pressure is sucked out?
    Car is for sports, but street legal.

Second thing I would like to ask is, what oil should I use? First, I was told to look on MOTUL oils, but what viscosity? Can I run 10w60 for sports mode?
    I drive it only in springs, summer, autumn, no winter driving. I hope You undestood me, thanks

My Cars
    m3
    "search" & "search"
    There are dozens of threads, just search.

My Cars
    '96 328i w/ M50B25 turbo
    hi!
    there are several possibilities. you can just put a filter on both of them and put it to atmosphere. Environment will thank you :P or you put a oil catch can in between. still not that Environment-friendly.
    so you can put both of them in front of the compressor so the gases get sucked in. this should do it.
    another possibility ist to use two check valves and y pipes. legislation for example says that there Needs to be vacuum at any working Point of the engine in the ventilations. this is not given if you just put it in front of the Turbo as vacuum between Turbo and filter is pretty low. It could also help to avoid oil burning in the Turbo if your drain is put beneath the oil Level in the sump as with this solution you get up to -0.7 bar (~-10 PSI) in the vantilation line.

just put your Ventilation lines together and then you put them into a Y pipe to get two lines again. now put one check valve in each line and put one line in front of the compressor and one onto intake manifold.
    the check valves prevent the air to be pressed into the oil sump or rotate in frotn of the charger again when boost is built.

thats just how im going to set it up, if theres something wrong about it, just tell me^^

PS: ATM, both just go straight into air with a sock put over the open pipes. works fine for Tuning.

My Cars
    97' 328is, 07' Titan
    The one on the dipstick is only for oil to return from the cyclone ventilation valve the factory uses.

My Cars
    e30, e36
    Cyclone ventilation? Could You, please, explain more about that dipstick?

My Cars
    '96 328i w/ M50B25 turbo
    oh sorry, you're right somebody5788. didnt know think that on the M52.

@pauchuk: the M52 has a cyclone Ventilation that creats a cyclone inside the catch can to seperate the oil from the air like a centrifuge. the oil that gets separated is running back into the oil pan. s oyou'd even just Need 1 check valve

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Consider changing to an obd1 valve cover and coils. The oil fill is in the rear and there is space to put a VW turbo crankcase vent fitting between the oil fill and cap.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Consider changing to an obd1 valve cover and coils. The oil fill is in the rear and there is space to put a VW turbo crankcase vent fitting between the oil fill and cap.
    I tried this but the the wiring harness cover is in the way. Going to need to trim or move something for it to work.