Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
I don't have the need to have a loud car and have spent a lot of time trying to do what I can to have it as quiet as possible without having back pressure. This muffler is really quiet when cruising, I hear tire and engine noise over the exhaust. At WOT, it's a good tone and not too loud but at the track, due to the pitch of the sound, it exceeds the noise limits. I needed to find a solution so I have a straight through 3.5" muffler that is much louder but the tone is deeper and passes the dB test. I put a V-band at the mufflers inlet so it only takes a couple of minutes to swap them.
That is a great idea! I like my exhaust to be loud, but on the highway I hate it. Never thought about making it where the mufflers could be switched out easier. Genius!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by E36Mylo View Post
This x1000000. Before even approaching butters and speaking to Greg I set a goal for my car and knew what I wanted and how I wanted it done. I had the major components already bought and just needed some guidance from butters on a few things like bov, fpr and stuff like that. If you don't have specific goals set you're going to want to chase what other people are doing and upgrading to and never finish.
I think that's why I would rather just buy one complete because I'm not the best at planning ahead and sticking to it