Hi everyone, my first thread.

On November 22nd I got my drivers license, next day I bought a BMW 525 TDS for 1750 euros, its my birth year production (1998 ).

I didn't check all the things before buying it, I just wanted it right here right now, and went for a blind buy. Since this topic is about Audio, I won't talk about all the other little problems my BMW has, but it has one huge problem - audio system.

The previous owner must've been a very interesting person, he decided to try and make his own super advanced audio system and didn't finish it. When I bought it, it had only 2 rear speakers, which were choking and crackling on higher volumes, there were no front speakers, but there was a custom made wooden plank in each front door, which containts 3 holes for 3 speakers, and on one side it has 2 +- wires, and on other side only 1.

I bought a 200Wrms 1000Wmax subwoofer and connected it to rear left speaker, so now im left with a subwoofer and right rear speaker, and its totally not enough sound. I want to make changes, today we investigated the problem, tried different stereos and different speakers, and our end conclusion was that there is a problem with + and - coming to stereo, because when we connected + and - from battery directly to stereo and to speaker, it could handle almost max volume without problems.

So shortly.

Problem: No front speakers, left door speaker wires dont work, right door speaker wire works, but still cracks, rear speaker cracks and chokes, super difficult and chaotic wiring system behind the stereo.
Diagnosis: Alot of useless wires, bad wiring, bad + and - wires.
Solving: Re-assembly of wires behind stereo, new + and - wires.

I have no pictures yet, but I will be taking photos soon. This friday most likely me and my friend will get some beer and put my car into a warm garage with light.

Stay tuned, thank you.