Thread: KW V1 Suspension

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik

KW V1 Suspension

Doing a refresh on the suspension and looking at KW V1 front and rear. I read that you guys favor the Koni systems like TC Kline and Ground Control but these are not distributed to New Zealand.
    Given that our car is fast road use only I thought a Single Action system like the V1 would suit our usage best, and is readily available, and would firm up the four corners and give the car a little drop in ride height.

Pro's and cons from the suspension guru's on here?

Thanks for reading and all advice appreciated
    94 Schnitzer 325is Coupe (HellRot) 97 M3 Evo Coupe (ArtikSilber) 2000 M Coupe S54(StahlGrau)

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    I wouldn't say I'm a Koni fan as much as I'd say I'm NOT a Bilstein fan. I have the KW V1 on my coupe, and can say it drives much like a Koni setup. Go for it.

/.randy

My Cars
    '99 MCoupe | E90M3
    I don't have the V1 on my coupe, but I do have the V3. I will say that I'm very impressed with the suspension, and the build quality seems to be very nice. No regrets so far.
    1999 M Coupe Evergreen | 2008 E90 M3

Click the here for E36 M3 manual swap project!

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    Thank you both taking the time to reply.

FWIW the spring ratings on the V1 set up are Front 70nm (500 ft lbs)and Rear 80nm (600 ft lbs) if my conversions are correct.

Add a pair of ARBs (H&R Whiteline or similar) and the combination should give us more point and squirt-ability with less squat under acceleration and dive under braking.

After reading the Spring Rate Theory and Application postings started by Ben Fenner that you and others have contributed to Randy, this set up will be too firm OR given the nature of our roading system (not many pot holes and tarmac irregularities in comparison to US highways) just right!

Will report back once installation is complete, by nature I'm a bit of a procrastinator so it may take some time
    94 Schnitzer 325is Coupe (HellRot) 97 M3 Evo Coupe (ArtikSilber) 2000 M Coupe S54(StahlGrau)

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    The V1's I have are round 350-400 front, and the rear is highly progressive. Neither nm nor ft-lb are units applied to springs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but 70 N/mm converts to 400 lb/in.

/.randy

My Cars
    '95 M3 '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by btz461 View Post
    Doing a refresh on the suspension and looking at KW V1 front and rear. I read that you guys favor the Koni systems like TC Kline and Ground Control but these are not distributed to New Zealand. Given that our car is fast road use only I thought a Single Action system like the V1 would suit our usage best, and is readily available, and would firm up the four corners and give the car a little drop in ride height. Pro's and cons from the suspension guru's on here? Thanks for reading and all advice appreciated
    Depends on what your intended use. If you take your car to the track from time to time, you might be left wanting more, the V2 will be better suited for that type of use. The V1s are great for street use, I was impressed by how they rode. My friend has a 1 M on club sports, I was throughly impressed by how well they drove on the street and track. Granted it's a different car but the ride was really good. Shock adjustment was also super easy. I almost went with those when upgrading my suspension, but cost was a bit of an issue. I used to be a Koni purist but can vouch KW makes a great product.

db
    [oo]|[||][||]|[oo]
    '95 M3 Cosmos Schwarz Metallic on Dove Grey: AA CAI, AA bump up kit, Euro HFM, JC chip, AA track pipe, AA Gen III exhaust, AA ltw flywheel and clutch package, X brace, front strut brace, Koni SA shocks, H&R sport springs, GC RSMs, 71 deg T-stat, aluminium housing, JT-D underpanel, Hamann black out grill kit, oem euro lights all around, 18" BBS RC 10s, UUC motorwerks pulley kit, 3 spoke steering wheel, silverstar H1s fog light bulbs, ZKWs w/CCFL, Prolumen 4300k HIDs, Powerflex RTAB and LCAB
    (<oo\(||][||)/oo>)
    '00 M Coupe Oxford Green II Metallic Sunroof Delete on Oregon Beige: (under construction)

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    The V1's I have are round 350-400 front, and the rear is highly progressive. Neither nm nor ft-lb are units applied to springs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but 70 N/mm converts to 400 lb/in.
    Silly me of course I meant lbs/inch as the measurement unit...

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe (Estoril Blu
    I'm running KW Club Sports and I love them ... Much better then Ground Control which I replaced with the KW's
    Maddog