Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Siri access issue - bluetooth

My Cars
    2015 BMW 435i

Siri access issue - bluetooth

Hi everyone. I'm new to BMW ownership (my loss that I waited so long!) and to this forum.

I recently purchased a 2015 435i. When I picked up the car I was able to use Siri (iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2) to dictate and read texts and access other iPhone functions. The next day I couldn't access Siri. By trial and error, I was able to access Siri again by unpairing and re-pairing the phone with the car, but only for that trip. On subsequent trips Siri would not work without unpairing/re-pairing again... very cumbersome. The dealership confirmed that I shouldn't have to do that, and that the car's software is current (they suggested checking the phone's software, which is also up to date). I haven't been able to find anything in these forums or elsewhere online providing guidance on this issue. If anyone knows how to solve this problem or can point me in the right direction please let me know. Or if anyone has the problem and hasn't been able to solve it yet it would be helpful to know that.

Thanks,
    Mark

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

It 'could' be an issue or bug with the Apple operating system on the phone. You could see if there's anyone you know with a different iPhone with a slightly older version of the software to see if that works. It's also a possibility that the BT module within the car itself might have a hardware issue too.

You could try dropping Apple Support a ticket about the issue to report to them, perhaps they'll know of a fix/update if they get similar requests in from other BMW owners.

Cheers, Dennis!