Thread: Aren't all convertibles sports suspension

My Cars
    95 325i Convertible

Aren't all convertibles sports suspension

I'm a assuming each convertible is equipped with sports suspension. If they aren't they should be.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Whether they should be, or not, is a matter for debate, but I have the build sheet for my car and it does not have sport suspension. Well, not from the factory anyway. I have H&R Sport springs on my car, with appropriate shocks and struts, so it has "sport" suspension now.

My Cars
    E36 M3 vert/E32 750/Alfa
    A few days after the fact maybe, but...

For E36 'verts the "Sport Package" was an optional package that included upgraded alloy wheels, the same as in the sedan and coupe sport packages; and sport front seats with adjustable...thigh? bolsters, the thing that moves the front edge of the bottom seat cushion fore and aft.

My understanding is that there were no changes to the stock suspension on E36 'verts with the Sport Package, sadly; it was more of a lifestyle-and-appearance option although still a pleasant one to have.

The Sedan and Coupe did have suspension upgrades with the Sport Package.

It may be -- speculating a bit here, but it seems like something I have heard somewhere (other than my vast intracranial echo chamber) -- the suspension upgrades to Coupe and Sedan included the undercarriage X-brace that the 'verts already had anyway? Also guessing that BMW may have concluded that with the 'verts' extra weight and altered chassis dynamics, other changes to the suspension would be a mixed bag?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    X brace only came on verts. It was not an option for coupe or sedan. It definitely was not part of the sports package. Sedan/coupe sports package included sport rims , including a matching spare, seats, slightly lower springs and struts/shocks, stiffer front sway bar. I'm not 100% sure if it's part of the sports package but some cars have a coloured BMW logo on the steering wheel airbag. Some don't. X brace is not part of that package

My Cars
    E36 M3 vert/E32 750/Alfa
    @flyfishvt
    Thanks!

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    X brace was standard on some limited production E36 coupes such as the M3 Lightweight and the M3 GT.

Regardless of the package, the color BMW logo on the steering wheel did not appear in the North American market until the 1995 model year for regular E36s, and 98.5 model year for the M3. Earlier European models had the color emblem on the steering wheel.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    X brace only came on verts. It was not an option for coupe or sedan. It definitely was not part of the sports package. Sedan/coupe sports package included sport rims , including a matching spare, seats, slightly lower springs and struts/shocks, stiffer front sway bar. I'm not 100% sure if it's part of the sports package but some cars have a coloured BMW logo on the steering wheel airbag. Some don't. X brace is not part of that package
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate